PDA

View Full Version : Bike Cover

Ewreck
06-25-2017, 08:32 PM
Purchased the Honda F6B bike cover from Wingstuff and am not very impressed. Material seems like it will do more damage to finish than it would protect. Seams are unimpressive and it's very tight on bike. Two sheets sewn together will probably do a better job.

F6B1911
06-25-2017, 08:43 PM
Honda OEM cover for the garage.
EZ Touring Cover while traveling.

Ewreck
06-25-2017, 08:54 PM
Honda OEM cover for the garage.
EZ Touring Cover while traveling.

It is Hondas cover

F6B1911
06-26-2017, 05:29 AM
It is Hondas cover

Wow!!
I wonder if there are different covers for the F6B?
The Honda OEM cover that I have is very well done, fits perfectly and the inside has nothing that feels like it would harm the paint.

Ewreck
06-26-2017, 07:23 AM
Wow!!
I wonder if there are different covers for the F6B?
The Honda OEM cover that I have is very well done, fits perfectly and the inside has nothing that feels like it would harm the paint.

Maybe it won't but with all the paint complaints I would think they would have the whole cover layered with the material that's where the windshield is. My Harley cover is two different materials with the inner part being very soft like micro fiber. I assumed all OEM covers would have that but I should know better about assuming:icon_redface:

Papa Tater
06-27-2017, 09:35 AM
I have the factory Honda Cover also , i only used it once and it seemed very tight also. I guess its good for long term storage, but not for a quick on and off- just my $.02

terryboyle
06-27-2017, 08:21 PM
The F6B cover is perfect for bone stock, maybe with the taller windshield and flat rack also.
As soon as I added the passenger backrest it starts to lose it's value and heaven forbid you actually have a bag or any kind of a trunk on the rack it is pointless. Love the little flap for the antenna, but I remove the antenna so it will not be pinched. Like that you can unzip the part over the saddlebags to get in them without removing the cover too.

I spent the princely sum of $23.76CDN for an aftermarket nylon cover that folds down to almost nothing and will only use the F6B cover for winter storage, too small, too heavy, too bulk to carry along.

Xrider57
07-01-2017, 07:23 PM
Purchased the Honda F6B bike cover from Wingstuff and am not very impressed. Material seems like it will do more damage to finish than it would protect. Seams are unimpressive and it's very tight on bike. Two sheets sewn together will probably do a better job.
I have the guardian cover. Bought it for my vtx1800 but is made to fit GW.Fits great ! Elastic all the way around bottom and a strap to secure in weather. Waterproof and vented.

naga viper
07-21-2017, 06:55 PM
Ok third attempt at a cover for f6 that doesn't scratch the hi heaven's out of motorcycle.
So far so good ultra soft microfiber material fit is best so far packs small will update on the rain efficiency and if it is non abrasive. Fingers crossed that I have a winner.
Also have a madstad windshield , mp3 cargo rack, and helibars
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dowco-guardian-premium-half-cover