PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading speakers on GW

Redlinez
06-27-2017, 02:54 PM
So, has the JBL GTO638 been replaced by the GT-6? I'm also trying to figure out if the rear speakers are 4" or 5" co-ax speakers. I found a Polk Audio 5" coax for marine use that looks to be a good upgrade, also looking at PA 4" DB402 if that is the appropriate size. I don't foresee doing an amp, just want to "upgrade" the sound I already have. Thanks!

Dirtstiff's F6B
06-27-2017, 08:31 PM
Without an amp, you can not push any aftermarket speaker to its peak performance with the oem system.
Trust me I have the $ receipts to prove it.
Get an amp.

Redlinez
06-28-2017, 06:36 AM
Is there a decent one that's not big bucks?

Papa Tater
06-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Without an amp, you can not push any aftermarket speaker to its peak performance with the oem system.
Trust me I have the $ receipts to prove it.
Get an amp.

I resemble that remark

Dirtstiff's F6B
06-28-2017, 08:06 PM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?8082-Another-Dirtstiff-Speaker-Thread&highlight=Dirtstiff

Start here.

The JBL, in my opinion are an upgrade to stock speakers, but no means a high performance speaker.
Those high performers will all require an amp.

Jimmie T's thread wades you through adding an amp.
Read through this thoroughly.

Pm me and I will help.
J

timbo2
06-30-2017, 08:41 PM
BEST AUDIO UPGRADE???
MADSTAD SHIELD! SERIOUSLY, I COULDN'T BELIEVE THE DIFF.

Dirtstiff's F6B
06-30-2017, 09:29 PM
BEST AUDIO UPGRADE???
MADSTAD SHIELD! SERIOUSLY, I COULDN'T BELIEVE THE DIFF.

A MS and any taller shield helps, but by no means an audio upgrade.

CoCoKola
07-01-2017, 08:16 PM
Do a search for audio upgrade there are several threads on options. Check my thread on audison with hertz speakers if you want the best solution using the stock radio and controls.

I have i pair of jp speakers that are a good option if you don't want to spend money And time on installing an amp. I'll sell them cheap if you want. Mvp4 amp from nvx (brand is off my memory) is a $100 range amp that is small and powerful.

I'm be at the rally if you want to check out my upgrade.

Best of luck!
Cocokola

CoCoKola
07-01-2017, 08:27 PM
Do a search for audio upgrade there are several threads on options. Check my thread on audison with hertz speakers if you want the best solution using the stock radio and controls.

I have i pair of jp speakers that are a good option if you don't want to spend money And time on installing an amp. I'll sell them cheap if you want. Mvp4 amp from nvx (brand is off my memory) is a $100 range amp that is small and powerful.

I'm be at the rally if you want to check out my upgrade.

Best of luck!
Cocokola