PDA

View Full Version : Some Breaking News New Gold Wing and F6B!!!!!!

Jimmytee
06-27-2017, 06:44 PM
Read this from a post on GLForum

New Gold Wing and F6B coming

http://bit.ly/NextGenGoldwing
Honda History has been made
1 hour ago
No other time in the History of the Goldwing, has Honda Corporation shown a new version of a new Goldwing to the buying public.

To make this even more special, under 30 chosen few got to not only see the New Goldwing & F6B. But actually got invited to test ride the new bikes, at a secret location owned by Honda.

This was the only viewing & Test ride in the USA. (My friend was part of history)

The Consensus was overwhelming in the Positive.

Both bikes were rebuilt from the ground up.

Both bikes share the same engine.

The Flagship is a DCT 7 speed.(can be manually paddle shifted)

The F6B is a manual 6 speed transmission (Still a stripped down wing)

ECM (now a central computer) has different modes of operation. (I won't say how many)

Suspension also has different modes. (I won't say how many)

Engine is a totally new power plant. (That info was kept confidential).

All new bodywork.

LED Lighting front to rear.

80 pounds lighter.

Without getting to in depth about each and every item Honda has created in this all new bike.

I will say that to describe the look and features is in a word. "Radical"

Through the years everyone has had a list of things they wanted on a new Goldwing.

Well Honda has been listening, and put together a bike that should please everyone.

Well almost everyone,after all Goldwing owners are never satisfied no matter what you give them!!! (Sarcasm inserted)

I have a ton of information, But will not post it here for my own reasons. it's Honda's new bike.

I'll let them have the Honor of telling everyone exactly what is on both new redesigned bikes.

I decided to share this Important news here on "TheGLForum" Because it's where I call home, and where I have friends I wanted to share this information with.

I have asked the board Administrator to lock this thread.

I will not answer any questions period,or divulge any more about the new Goldwing than I already have.

Anyone is free to start their own thread,and discuss it there.

53driver
06-27-2017, 06:46 PM
Ho hum...late to the party....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?10947-Will-Honda-make-F6Bs-for-2018

Lol

Jimmytee
06-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Ho hum...late to the party....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?10947-Will-Honda-make-F6Bs-for-2018

Lol

You posted it in an obscure place, this kind of news deserves it's own thread. So there.:duck:

Steve 0080
06-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Trying not to yawn.... I we have to see it to believe it.....

98valk
06-28-2017, 11:20 AM
I'm surprised that this thread has not gotten more attention. I don't think it is a hoax, but who knows.

I do question where it says the wing and the F6 get the same engine, but different transmissions. That's a lot of extra effort for a bike that did not sell well.

I also question the 80lbs lighter. How the heck are they doing that?? Maybe the 1800 is being reduced to a 500cc. :crackup:

Either way, I'll be keeping my F6 for some time. But it will be real interesting to see what Honda has up their sleeve.

Jimmytee
06-28-2017, 12:07 PM
I'm surprised that this thread has not gotten more attention. I don't think it is a hoax, but who knows.

I do question where it says the wing and the F6 get the same engine, but different transmissions. That's a lot of extra effort for a bike that did not sell well.

I also question the 80lbs lighter. How the heck are they doing that?? Maybe the 1800 is being reduced to a 500cc. :crackup:

Either way, I'll be keeping my F6 for some time. But it will be real interesting to see what Honda has up their sleeve.
Honda already has a bike that features both DCT transmission or a 6 speed standard in the CTX700N. Not a stretch to imagine both being an option for the same Gold Wing power plant. Sure the F6B didn't sell well, especially the first 2 years, but I think it was building up a little momentum and with bikes like the BMW K1600B coming out, if Honda could present the right package with upgraded electronics and power etc, who knows.

98valk
06-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Honda already has a bike that features both DCT transmission or a 6 speed standard in the CTX700N. Not a stretch to imagine both being an option for the same Gold Wing power plant. Sure the F6B didn't sell well, especially the first 2 years, but I think it was building up a little momentum and with bikes like the BMW K1600B coming out, if Honda could present the right package with upgraded electronics and power etc, who knows.

I did not know that. Good info, good points. I wish a little more info had been leaked! Guess I'll have to wait ....

53driver
06-28-2017, 05:26 PM
I did not know that. Good info, good points. I wish a little more info had been leaked! Guess I'll have to wait ....

"I hate waiting..."
Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0Y7ScfaVHs

opas ride
06-28-2017, 07:24 PM
Maybe something is going on for 2018 models as a couple of Honda dealers around this area have told me they have not been able to order any 2017 GW's or F6B's for a couple of month now...Who knows, "only the shadow knows"...A little humor for you old timers that remember this radio show!!!....Ride safe

six2go
06-28-2017, 07:34 PM
"Who knows, "only the shadow knows"...A little humor for you old timers that remember this radio show!!!....Ride safe "

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows, heh,heh,heh.

unsub
06-28-2017, 07:38 PM
"Who knows, "only the shadow knows"...A little humor for you old timers that remember this radio show!!!....Ride safe "

Who knows what lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows, heh,heh,heh.

Lol, don't forget the "Whistler".....:old:

Thinking about the old radio shows it's amazing how short of a lifespan television has had in the grand cosmic design. Only 60 years or so from consumer availability to teetering off the leading edge of entertainment technology. Yet audio (and video) continues to evolve & move forward.

willtill
06-29-2017, 06:31 AM
Lol, don't forget the "Whistler".....:old:

Thinking about the old radio shows it's amazing how short of a lifespan television has had in the grand cosmic design. Only 60 years or so from consumer availability to teetering off the leading edge of entertainment technology. Yet audio (and video) continues to evolve & move forward.

If only commercials would disappear entirely... then entertainment technology would reach the apex... :shhh:

98valk
06-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Here is a pic/link of the new Yammy vs the new Wing. Don't know if it is real, but it must be recent.

https://---------------.com/filedata/fetch?id=83173&d=1498734550

Sorry about posting the link, but I can't post pics. :shrug:

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Yeah, but I can:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/h53driver/image_4130_zpsbpugu1sm.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/user/h53driver/media/image_4130_zpsbpugu1sm.jpg.html)

Cheers,
Steve

Walcrow
06-29-2017, 01:38 PM
Link did not work..................

Elroy
06-29-2017, 02:43 PM
Here is a pic/link of the new Yammy vs the new Wing. Don't know if it is real, but it must be recent.

Link did not work..................

Confirmed.

53driver
06-29-2017, 06:06 PM
Yeah, this site is not allowing the link to work. Can't post pics, and can't post where the pics are. That's why I am spending more and more time at the "other" sites. :clap2:

PM me the link and let me find out what in the "site is not allowing the link to work."
Cheers,
Steve

Jhox
06-29-2017, 06:36 PM
No clue if real or not. Open link then PAUSE at the 30 seconds mark to see what they are saying is the 2018. A lot of the same things the OP stated are repeated here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZsqSmO0cJA

98valk
06-29-2017, 07:30 PM
No clue if real or not. Open link then PAUSE at the 30 seconds mark to see what they are saying is the 2018. A lot of the same things the OP stated are repeated here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZsqSmO0cJA

That's interesting. It looks more real than other photo-enhanced examples.

The front end is pretty cumbersome looking. The engine covers say "hybrid". The bags look like they went back to a pre-2012 style. I would expect the bags to be newer looking.

Also looks like a four pipes coming out of a 6 cylinder head??

Who knows? But it is fun looking! Thanks! :icon_lol:

P.S. The front of the bike on the Video does not look like the front of the bike in my link. Steve is going to fix the link and you can see. Again, just fun at this point ....

53driver
06-29-2017, 07:47 PM
PM me the link and let me find out what in the "site is not allowing the link to work."
Cheers,
Steve

Yes, since the link goes to a certain "GL forum" - 1 word - it has been disabled by the owner of this forum.
Please find the pic in 98Valk's original post.

Cheers,
Steve

Jimmytee
06-29-2017, 09:01 PM
That's interesting. It looks more real than other photo-enhanced examples.

The front end is pretty cumbersome looking. The engine covers say "hybrid". The bags look like they went back to a pre-2012 style. I would expect the bags to be newer looking.

Also looks like a four pipes coming out of a 6 cylinder head??

Who knows? But it is fun looking! Thanks! :icon_lol:

P.S. The front of the bike on the Video does not look like the front of the bike in my link. Steve is going to fix the link and you can see. Again, just fun at this point ....

The renditions are for the 4 cylinder 1200 cc hybrid version proposed and speculated about.

ths61
06-29-2017, 10:02 PM

__________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Yeah, but I can:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/h53driver/image_4130_zpsbpugu1sm.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/user/h53driver/media/image_4130_zpsbpugu1sm.jpg.html)

Cheers,
Steve

The image on the left looks like one of those space helmets from the cheesy Japanese B-rated monster/space movies with the bad lip syncs.

Most likely a great trolling post.

stoll413
06-30-2017, 06:09 AM
Why do you all go through this Every Year. Believe it wene you see it on Honda Powersports. Come on People i read about this Site and a Lot of you Guys sound like very Smart People. This happens all the Time about this time of the Year. Wise up People!

53driver
06-30-2017, 07:08 AM
Why do you all go through this Every Year. Believe it wene you see it on Honda Powersports. Come on People i read about this Site and a Lot of you Guys sound like very Smart People. This happens all the Time about this time of the Year. Wise up People!

VERY passionate and hopeful, smart, people....

How's things in KY? I'm fixing to go from Oklahoma to PA, thought I'd detour down "Horse Farm Alley."
Cheers,
Steve

Bob Penn
06-30-2017, 07:23 AM

The real smart people are the ones that wait 3 years to let the new bike prove itself and then buy a 3 year old leftover for half the price.

But isn't it more fun to watch the weather man on TV then to stick your head outside?

Jimmytee
06-30-2017, 09:07 AM

Really? Why? It's entertainment. We are enthusiasts and particularly enthusiasts for a specific bike.
So it shouldn't seem surprising that on a F6B Rider Forum , one of the things we do is speculate and discuss all things related to Gold Wings or F6Bs .Especially F6Bs ,when the general school of thought has been the F6B would go away. So these are actually new rumors and a bit more specific. Hope there is truth in it and yes we will find out if it turns out to be true. No one has to participate in the conversation if they view it a waste of time. Heck , some could argue all of the activities here are a waste of time. :icon_razz:

I suppose :icon_lol: we could discuss more fruitful topics like oil and car tires. :duck:

willtill
06-30-2017, 09:24 AM
..or exchange cake recipes :shhh:

opas ride
06-30-2017, 09:26 AM

If one does not want to read/participate on some posts, why not just ignore them and move on instead of being a critic!!!...That's what the delete button is for...Ride safe

2wheelsforme
06-30-2017, 09:46 AM
Because its fun! And there are few things as exciting as owning, riding, wishing or even thinking about owning the newest, latest, best thing out there.

98valk
06-30-2017, 01:07 PM
A new wing is certainly going to come about some day. We are a year closer to that day, so the odds keep going up!

The rumor/story about the new wing & F6 came from someone well known and is probably true. The new pic with the Yamaha is clearly recent. Fresh rumors are more fun!

I'm thinkin', "this is the year". And a new F6 is icing on the cake! :clap2:

Blk6bgg6
06-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Man we all waiting.Just on bmw site that new bagger is sweet,making 50 more hp ..I do believe honda has something in the works.Bmw msrp 1995.00 for that bike,lack of dealer big concern.We all know honda always late to party even with cars,turbo good ex.just out last year except accord coming.So we can only hope and then what will we do? Get are ass kicked in trade or sell the f6b ?

Blk6bgg6
06-30-2017, 01:28 PM
Uh,19995.00 for that bagger my bad

terryboyle
06-30-2017, 03:06 PM
The real smart people are the ones that wait 3 years to let the new bike prove itself and then buy a 3 year old leftover for half the price.

But isn't it more fun to watch the weather man on TV then to stick your head outside?

I bought my 2014 in 2016 with the discounts and the quieter pipes. Used the savings to buy the centrestand, larger screen, backrest, power outlet ......

VStarRider
06-30-2017, 05:09 PM
I bought my 2014 in 2016 with the discounts and the quieter pipes. Used the savings to buy the centrestand, larger screen, backrest, power outlet ......

When I bought my '13 in Oct 2015, a friend drove me out to the dealer to pick it up. He bought a helmet for his ATV at the same time. The owner said he made more on the helmet than he did on the F6B. Not sure if I believe that, because they can spin dealer incentives and discounts a million different ways, but still was funny.

He was so happy to unload one of the three '13s he had left in crates that he gave me a 12V receptacle and heated grips at cost and installed them for free.

Jimmytee
06-30-2017, 05:52 PM
When I bought my '13 in Oct 2015, a friend drove me out to the dealer to pick it up. He bought a helmet for his ATV at the same time. The owner said he made more on the helmet than he did on the F6B. Not sure if I believe that, because they can spin dealer incentives and discounts a million different ways, but still was funny.

He was so happy to unload one of the three '13s he had left in crates that he gave me a 12V receptacle and heated grips at cost and installed them for free.

It's funny and I have retold this story several times. When I bought my F6B it was in July of 2014. I knew about the incentives on the 13s and had been dealing with one place on a new 13. The dealer just down the street from me had only been opened for a year or so. I gave him a call and told him the price I had been looking at. At the time, he was still waiting on a 2014 F6B that had not been delivered and would have been his first one. He told me he didn't have any F6Bs yet let alone a 13 , but he said he'd call me back and look into it. He called me back in 30 minutes telling me he could have me a new 13 by the next day and he could beat the price I was given by $300. He told me straight up that he was making about $300 on the deal after the incentives from Honda. He went on to sell one after the other and cancelled the one he had been waiting on. I lost count of how many he has sold , but he has sold many, and finally had to start looking for later model F6Bs than the 13s because he couldn't find the 13s anymore.:icon_wink: I was his first sell though and did quite a bit of advertising for them.

VStarRider
06-30-2017, 06:14 PM
It's funny and I have retold this story several times. When I bought my F6B it was in July of 2014. I knew about the incentives on the 13s and had been dealing with one place on a new 13. The dealer just down the street from me had only been opened for a year or so. I gave him a call and told him the price I had been looking at. At the time, he was still waiting on a 2014 F6B that had not been delivered and would have been his first one. He told me he didn't have any F6Bs yet let alone a 13 , but he said he'd call me back and look into it. He called me back in 30 minutes telling me he could have me a new 13 by the next day and he could beat the price I was given by $300. He told me straight up that he was making about $300 on the deal after the incentives from Honda. He went on to sell one after the other and cancelled the one he had been waiting on. I lost count of how many he has sold , but he has sold many, and finally had to start looking for later model F6Bs than the 13s because he couldn't find the 13s anymore.:icon_wink: I was his first sell though and did quite a bit of advertising for them.

Love stories like this. Sometimes you find the right give / take; supply / demand; need/ want; reasonable offers being made and extended at both ends of the dealer / customer relationship to make it a neat experience.

The dealer I bought from came in at $3,000 below the next two dealers. They wouldn't even discuss a deal with me, considering the gap in prices between sellers. Oh well, keep your '13s and see if you can get $17-18000 for them. Good luck.

I was dealing with a Victory dealer on a CC Tour who was practically begging me to take the leftover '14 he had. Rebates, discounts, extended warranties, pipes, $1k worth of accessories, retail on a bike and sled trade in, everything but the kitchen sink. Probably would've given me that, too, and his wife for the night if I asked.

Greg O
06-30-2017, 08:27 PM
I wonder what the new engine will be, I do like the idea of a 6 speed transmission .

broncsrule21
07-01-2017, 04:18 PM
Man we all waiting.Just on bmw site that new bagger is sweet,making 50 more hp ..I do believe honda has something in the works.Bmw msrp 1995.00 for that bike,lack of dealer big concern.We all know honda always late to party even with cars,turbo good ex.just out last year except accord coming.So we can only hope and then what will we do? Get are ass kicked in trade or sell the f6b ?

If one of the Japanese bike companies had a bagger that rivaled the power of that Beemer.....I would be waiting in line. I know, it's a pipe dream due to the lack of available flatworms to go off of. But I can dream!

opas ride
07-01-2017, 05:37 PM
If one of the Japanese bike companies had a bagger that rivaled the power of that Beemer.....I would be waiting in line. I know, it's a pipe dream due to the lack of available flatworms to go off of. But I can dream!
Your right about the BMW and its power and handling...My riding buddy easily blows me away on his R1200RT and the other day a woman on a BMW1600GT pulled up along side and by the time I hit 3rd gear she was 50ft in front of me and pulling away!!...Those things are fast, but expensive to maintain and do routine maintenance .......Ride safe

Darren
07-02-2017, 03:18 PM
I wonder what the new engine will be, I do like the idea of a 6 speed transmission .

I think the 6 speed is the way to go, always looking for that gear

98valk
07-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Read this elsewhere ... As someone else suggested: Maybe Honda wants to leak info early to keep some from jumping ship. I am really looking forward to this, but 99% chance I am keeping my bike. :popcorn:

"The local Honda dealer was called to a dealers meeting for an update. Part of that update was that there would be a major update to the Wing for 2018. Unfortunately, that was all that was said so nothing official about what that update will be."

opas ride
07-03-2017, 03:22 PM
Read this elsewhere ... As someone else suggested: Maybe Honda wants to leak info early to keep some from jumping ship. I am really looking forward to this, but 99% chance I am keeping my bike. :popcorn:

"The local Honda dealer was called to a dealers meeting for an update. Part of that update was that there would be a major update to the Wing for 2018. Unfortunately, that was all that was said so nothing official about what that update will be."

I personally have no "inside" information, but with the release of the new Yamaha Tourer, BMW 1600B, Indian Chieftain Elite, HD's new stuff, If Honda does not update or re-design the GW platform, F6B included, they must know something we don't or they just don't care about future sales of bigger road bikes!!!...JMHO and ride safe

WEGI
07-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Love stories like this. Sometimes you find the right give / take; supply / demand; need/ want; reasonable offers...

I was dealing with a Victory dealer on a CC Tour who was practically begging me to take the leftover '14 he had. Rebates, discounts, extended warranties, pipes, $1k worth of accessories, retail on a bike and sled trade in, everything but the kitchen sink. Probably would've given me that, too, and his wife for the night if I asked.

Hi VStar

Can you tell me the name of the Victory dealer and what his wife looks like? 😯😯

WEG

ths61
07-03-2017, 07:23 PM
I think the 6 speed is the way to go, always looking for that gear

6 speeds without the roll-on power in 6th is a PITA.

stevenolts
07-03-2017, 08:35 PM
I sometimes go for 6th also but it is not needed at all. I agree 5th is more flexible and can be used for anything from 40 through wide open. I think we would miss the extra punch when passing at highway speeds that 5th can offer over a 6th highway gear. I love the acceleration that 5th has and I think it is a safety issue for instant lane positioning without downshifting.
Steve

People think I am joking but I believe (know) it is truly a safety issue not to have all the power we need!!!

Jimmytee
07-03-2017, 10:26 PM
I sometimes go for 6th also but it is not needed at all. I agree 5th is more flexible and can be used for anything from 40 through wide open. I think we would miss the extra punch when passing at highway speeds that 5th can offer over a 6th highway gear. I love the acceleration that 5th has and I think it is a safety issue for instant lane positioning without downshifting.
Steve

People think I am joking but I believe (know) it is truly a safety issue not to have all the power we need!!!

I seriously think it would be fine with a 6th gear. Besides, the talk of a new one with a 6 speed tranny is also including a new supposed powerplant if the rumor is true.

98valk
07-07-2017, 03:28 PM
More "intentionally leaked" info on the new Goldwing. The top half is someone's question/comments. The bottom half is the leaker's response. Have fun reading! :clap2:

1. I think it would be nice to have some of the "modern" electronics
that my car and even truck have, I do like the reliability of the motor on the current wings.
2. If a smaller motor was used
that would be okay with me as an engine the same size that is in my car,
seems over kill on a motorcycle
3. Don't get me wrong, I like the motor but do I NEED the motor to be that big? probably not.
4. I do tow a trailer at times, so I would still want that capability in a newer wing
5. I do not plan to hold my breath waiting on the new version.
6. I did like the electronic windshield
on my BMW RT1100R, that -
7. and the suspension.

1. Honda addressed that.
2. Honda made it smaller in size ,but with more torque.
3. More power is always better (If one knows how to apply it)
4. You'll need a trailer. (The trunk and bags got a severe weight reduction= Smaller cubic storage capacity)
5. As was told, They are pushing for a release ASAP. (I'm hoping for end of year or sooner?)
6. They listened.
7. Suspension is great right out of the box. (It isn't antique anymore-forks are gone)

Jimmytee
07-07-2017, 07:09 PM
More "intentionally leaked" info on the new Goldwing. The top half is someone's question/comments. The bottom half is the leaker's response. Have fun reading! :clap2:

1. I think it would be nice to have some of the "modern" electronics
that my car and even truck have, I do like the reliability of the motor on the current wings.
2. If a smaller motor was used
that would be okay with me as an engine the same size that is in my car,
seems over kill on a motorcycle
3. Don't get me wrong, I like the motor but do I NEED the motor to be that big? probably not.
4. I do tow a trailer at times, so I would still want that capability in a newer wing
5. I do not plan to hold my breath waiting on the new version.
6. I did like the electronic windshield
on my BMW RT1100R, that -
7. and the suspension.

1. Honda addressed that.
2. Honda made it smaller in size ,but with more torque.
3. More power is always better (If one knows how to apply it)
4. You'll need a trailer. (The trunk and bags got a severe weight reduction= Smaller cubic storage capacity)
5. As was told, They are pushing for a release ASAP. (I'm hoping for end of year or sooner?)
6. They listened.
7. Suspension is great right out of the box. (It isn't antique anymore-forks are gone)

Well, there was patent drawings and talk of a 1200 cc 4 cylinder with electric motor hybrid out there.:shrug:

I truly hope they have listened. The guy asking questions seems to be way out of the norm of most people I know. I mean really, who here has thought if it were really necessary to have so much motor on these bike? Really? :icon_rolleyes::icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

stevenolts
07-07-2017, 07:40 PM
Please quit telling Honda we don't want more power. It is like that women's group saying that they speak for all women and then saying they don't like guns.

More Power is always good!!!
Smaller and lighter with more power is even better.

More Power More Power More Power More Power
Steve

speedjunkie
07-07-2017, 07:43 PM
Smaller bags? Pfft, put a fork in her, she's done!

Mike

Jimmytee
07-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Please quit telling Honda we don't want more power. It is like that women's group saying that they speak for all women and then saying they don't like guns.

More Power is always good!!!
Smaller and lighter with more power is even better.

More Power More Power More Power More Power
Steve

NO DOUBT.. That right there had me question the legitimacy of the whole thing.:icon_biggrin: Who the hell ever said or thought that?

Circle-5
07-08-2017, 02:10 AM
Considerably smaller bags and a much smaller engine? Why am I not excited? I wouldn't mind an 8-cylinder, 2500cc torque factory. The Goldwing has always been larger than the others in terms of displacement, but the competition is catching up and more (Indian 1820cc, Vulcan 2000cc, Rocket III 2300cc, etc.) Why would they do a 180 and go smaller? I don't want to believe these rumors.

Jimmytee
07-08-2017, 04:39 AM
I would not necessarily ,mind a smaller displacement if horsepower and torque increased. Wonder if they dare to go away from the 6 cylinder configuration to a 4? Would seem that IF the F6B were to still be offered it would then have to a F4B. Just not the same.:icon_rolleyes: :icon_lol:

VStarRider
07-08-2017, 09:09 AM
The flat-4 went away in the 80s because Honda had maximized the power output of it and was running into issues with "smoothness" as they tried to further increase the power to compensate for the weight gain of the GW. That's when they went up to a six-cylinder, to be able to create the power without drivability issues (i.e. vibration, roughness at certain rpms; indicative of high performance engines). This is all based on what I read about the history and evolution of the GW over the past 42 years.

However, an electric hybrid setup could maintain or increase current power while allowing engine displacement to be reduced. Going to a flat-4 would increase foot and leg room, one of the enduring issues with the current platform. Fuel economy would go up significantly too!

I would like to see how this hypothetical configuration works. If they use a DCT, would it deactivate the electric motor in manual shift mode? There would be an automatic clutch, wouldn't there? I would probably just leave it in "automatic" mode as long as it is smooth.

Even if none of this true, it is fun to speculate.

speedjunkie
07-11-2017, 06:29 PM
So, the burning question in my mind is, when does the mothership normally make announcements? They've already made a partial release. Will they push for August/September to align with the new Yami delivery? As well as any Indian and HD announcements? I think they'd be damned foolish to keep mum and let everyone else pull the spotlight. They've already let Yami get their foot in the door with their new offering and staying mum on a new wing.

Mike

opas ride
07-11-2017, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=speedjunkie;152102]So, the burning question in my mind is, when does the mothership normally make announcements? They've already made a partial release. Will they push for August/September to align with the new Yami delivery? As well as any Indian and HD announcements? I think they'd be damned foolish to keep mum and let everyone else pull the spotlight. They've already let Yami get their foot in the door with their new offering and staying mum on a new wing.

I hear ya my friend, but Ma Honda does things their way and don't really care what the others do...We just have to wait and see what shakes out down the road!!!!

speedjunkie
07-11-2017, 08:14 PM
I hear ya my friend, but Ma Honda does things their way and don't really care what the others do...We just have to wait and see what shakes out down the road!!!!

I know. It's just surprising they don't toss something out to get folks drooling. I think yami did good making a June announcement for Sept deliveries. Everyone knows that HD announces after dealer meeting in August, & Polaris announces at big Sept show. They could potentially lose quite a few sales by staying quiet. Not everyone is gonna wait forever, but that's what they're banking on i guess. Better be something earth shattering, that's all I know!

Mike

unsub
07-11-2017, 10:19 PM
I hope this brings an end to all the speculation. This what Honda has in store for us in 2018. :icon_wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P0HRfknoSM

speedjunkie
07-12-2017, 11:24 AM
I hope this brings an end to all the speculation. This what Honda has in store for us in 2018. :icon_wink:

Mad Max right there!

Mike

opas ride
07-12-2017, 12:14 PM

Sounds pretty "wicked" to me..Don't much care for the Castrol oil can mounted on left side although!!!!!

blackmetoc
07-12-2017, 12:33 PM

Me too!

Bob Penn
07-13-2017, 08:58 AM
All I can say is, All those who are willing and able to cough up $30,000 + just to be Mr. cool with the latest and greatest please pick up your keyboard and start typing now.
I personally think that market is just too small once you remove the fancy Harley boys. So my advise is just bide your time, there will be plenty of leftovers for the rest of us.

speedjunkie
07-13-2017, 10:38 AM
All I can say is, All those who are willing and able to cough up $30,000 + just to be Mr. cool with the latest and greatest please pick up your keyboard and start typing now.
I personally think that market is just too small once you remove the fancy Harley boys. So my advise is just bide your time, there will be plenty of leftovers for the rest of us.

That's why I won't go out and buy a new Indian Roadmaster or HD water cooled scoot. 28K-30K. Too rich for my blood! I am thinking of a RK though, they're in the low 20's, so that's tolerable. A new B with real bags in the same price range would attract me as well.

Mike

F6Dave
07-14-2017, 09:09 AM
I never thought I'd see the day when the Goldwing would remain virtually unchanged for 17 years. Back in the late 60s through the 90s, every few years Honda would stun the motorcycle world with a radical new design. They redefined segments of the market with the CB750, the original naked Wing and then the Interstate, the 6 cylinder CBX, the 650 Turbo, the V-4 Interceptor, and the Valkyrie, just to name a few.

Sadly Honda became a different company after the death of Soichiro Honda in 1991. They still build great bikes. The F6B's incredible balance of performance and comfort prove it was an outstanding design back in 2000. But if you look at the competition it's clear Honda isn't the innovator it once was.

What amazes me is that we have such a large selection of great road bikes to choose from. In addition to the Wing you have excellent choices from BMW and Triumph, not to mention countless V Twins from a long list of companies. This surprises me because we're a pretty old bunch of riders. I read a few years ago that the AVERAGE age of Sturgis attendees was 58! I've been to a few Valkyrie rallies and the youngest rider trophy usually goes to a guy well into his 30s. Those seem like good demographics for trike builders, but not for motorcycle companies. Maybe that's part of the reason Honda is in no hurry to build a new Wing.

opas ride
07-14-2017, 09:38 AM
I never thought I'd see the day when the Goldwing would remain virtually unchanged for 17 years. Back in the late 60s through the 90s, every few years Honda would stun the motorcycle world with a radical new design. They redefined segments of the market with the CB750, the original naked Wing and then the Interstate, the 6 cylinder CBX, the 650 Turbo, the V-4 Interceptor, and the Valkyrie, just to name a few.

Sadly Honda became a different company after the death of Soichiro Honda in 1991. They still build great bikes. The F6B's incredible balance of performance and comfort prove it was an outstanding design back in 2000. But if you look at the competition it's clear Honda isn't the innovator it once was.

What amazes me is that we have such a large selection of great road bikes to choose from. In addition to the Wing you have excellent choices from BMW and Triumph, not to mention countless V Twins from a long list of companies. This surprises me because we're a pretty old bunch of riders. I read a few years ago that the AVERAGE age of Sturgis attendees was 58! I've been to a few Valkyrie rallies and the youngest rider trophy usually goes to a guy well into his 30s. Those seem like good demographics for trike builders, but not for motorcycle companies. Maybe that's part of the reason Honda is in no hurry to build a new Wing.

Interesting article on the web about how the so-called "Millennials" are really hurting Harley Davidson's sales of big road bikes..Stock is down and sales are off over 20% so far this year..These younger folks don't want to spend money on bigger road bikes and have a fading interest in cars and motorcycles..(Thanks to Uber and such). Many of the older generation retirees, like myself, lost "boat loads of cash" in the last recession and will never recover..As result they too are not wanting to tie up cash in a $25,000 motorcycle and are dropping out of the market for big expensive bikes...Honda is pretty damn good at market research and such, so I will wait and see what they do in the future with the GW and F6B...I, myself, am considering a smaller bike as I am approaching 78 years old and the big heavy bikes are not in the cards for me as I don't tour or ride very far these days...I hope Yamaha, Indian, BMW, etc. made good choices with their new bikes ,but only time will tell....Ride safe

F6B1911
07-14-2017, 10:08 AM
Interesting article on the web about how the so-called "Millennials" are really hurting Harley Davidson's sales of big road bikes..Stock is down and sales are off over 20% so far this year..These younger folks don't want to spend money on bigger road bikes and have a fading interest in cars and motorcycles......Ride safe

That's mainly because the millenials are a bunch of wusses. All they want is a cell phone and a video game. You have to blame their parents for that.
You don't see parents involved the way they were a few generations ago. My father taught me how to fish, hunt, shoot, play baseball, change a car tire, the value of a good days work, ethics, morals, etc., etc.
Today everybody gets a trophy and can use the bathroom of their choice.

Just hoping America will be Great Again very soon.

P.Sutton
07-14-2017, 12:42 PM
I am a millennial. Will be 33 in a month. As I look around at some of my peers I am amazed at how they get by sometimes. Some still living at home without shame even.

On the other hand some are doing very well. Owning businesses or rapidly moving up in their companies. I myself have a great wife three children, a house, a rental property, three vehicles and a stable of bikes that are gathering dust. I can't stop riding this bike. I even sold my Valkyrie with 100k on it this year because I couldn't stand to have it just sit.

I think most of it comes down to the effort we put into whatever it is we are doing. Hard work pays off. I can see how older generations look down on mine, however, don't lump everyone into one basket!

opas ride
07-14-2017, 02:21 PM
I am a millennial. Will be 33 in a month. As I look around at some of my peers I am amazed at how they get by sometimes. Some still living at home without shame even.

On the other hand some are doing very well. Owning businesses or rapidly moving up in their companies. I myself have a great wife three children, a house, a rental property, three vehicles and a stable of bikes that are gathering dust. I can't stop riding this bike. I even sold my Valkyrie with 100k on it this year because I couldn't stand to have it just sit.

I think most of it comes down to the effort we put into whatever it is we are doing. Hard work pays off. I can see how older generations look down on mine, however, don't lump everyone into one basket!

Good points my friend...I had 5 children, lost one in the Military at 29, but the other 4 are doing very well ranging in age from 36 to 47..All were taught that you "reap what you sow" and hard work and strong goals with wise choices are very necessary to a successful life...They all have good jobs, nice homes and the blessings of life...But, I also agree with F6B911, that way to many have lazy parents today, kids that are taught to "bleed the government" sit on your ass and live at home with out any regrets....Hope these trends change one day, but it is doubtful!!!...IMHO without some sense of religion and good principles taught in the home, we are in danger as a society....Regards and ride safe.

unsub
07-15-2017, 05:02 PM
I own 5 millennials and they're all doing very well. Why? Because mom and dad made sure they had all the right tools to compete in this world. Parental support and guidance go a long way for any generation, past or present.
<brag over>
:icon_lol: