PDA

View Full Version : Clearview shield

Ewreck
07-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Just threw on the new windshield from Clearview and it's perfect. Went with a medium,sport tour width,recurve top, and adjusted to max height. I'm 6'2" and had minimal buffeting at the top of my helmet which is fine by me as I never even had a fairing for my first 20 years of riding. I'm amazed at how much noise the stock shield created but I guess when the air is deflected directly at your head.... Was looking at Sena systems for my helmet but I might skip it. The thought of being able to communicate with my son as we ride back to CA next month is a huge positive though. Ride safe.

MO64
07-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Congratulations on the Clearview. I have the tall, touring, recurve, and tint. At 6'0" I do get wind at the top of my helmet but I can live with it. I went though three shields before the Clearview: the stock shield, which was worthless IMO; a 19" bagger shield, with vent, which was annoying because the top of the shield was in my line of sight and it was ineffective in the rain because I was looking through it; and, a 14" National Cycle Vstream - great looking on the bike, great in the rain but too short. The Clearview is a keeper. I have had compliments about how it looks great on the F6B

I suggest you add a Sena system to your helmet. It will enable you to communicate with your son, provided he has one. If you have a smartphone, you can receive and make calls, listen music and use "Waze" navigation.

:icon_cool:

Ewreck
07-11-2017, 07:25 AM
Congratulations on the Clearview. I have the tall, touring, recurve, and tint. At 6'0" I do get wind at the top of my helmet but I can live with it. I went though three shields before the Clearview: the stock shield, which was worthless IMO; a 19" bagger shield, with vent, which was annoying because the top of the shield was in my line of sight and it was ineffective in the rain because I was looking through it; and, a 14" National Cycle Vstream - great looking on the bike, great in the rain but too short. The Clearview is a keeper. I have had compliments about how it looks great on the F6B

I suggest you add a Sena system to your helmet. It will enable you to communicate with your son, provided he has one. If you have a smartphone, you can receive and make calls, listen music and use "Waze" navigation.

:icon_cool:

Just got 3 of them yesterday. The wife n I ride together frequently and I figure I'm giving my son a 35k Street Glide so what's another 175 bucks. I'm looking forward to getting them in the helmets and trying em out.

six2go
07-11-2017, 10:17 AM
I like Clear View shields too. Had one on me Valkyrie and now have 2 for the F6B. I have both the Sport Touring and Touring models, both in the shortest height and dark tinted. I put them on at the lowest position(I like a minimalist look)and get all the protection I need. I actually prefer the Sport Touring because it lets me have a bit more air. I'm only 5'8" so the short one is perfect for me.

Xrider57
07-11-2017, 02:15 PM
I like Clear View shields too. Had one on me Valkyrie and now have 2 for the F6B. I have both the Sport Touring and Touring models, both in the shortest height and dark tinted. I put them on at the lowest position(I like a minimalist look)and get all the protection I need. I actually prefer the Sport Touring because it lets me have a bit more air. I'm only 5'8" so the short one is perfect for me.

I have a Clearview that I had made 2 inches shorter anticipating seat height. It's shorter than I like so I bought a klockworks from a gentleman on here. It is the 16 in version that measures a little shorter. Since I lowered the rear of the bike it is a little tall at the end of a long day but I do really like it. Eventually I will order another Clearview with a vent to the height I need. The klockworks is great but I think Clearview quality is better.

Steve 0080
07-12-2017, 06:43 AM
Go with the Sena, nothing better that sharing the ride as you ride it! Its tough to remember all the things you wanted to say getting gas....