PDA

View Full Version : Add adjustable self-cancelling T-Sigs?

Scotrod
10-16-2013, 12:39 PM
Not sure if our bikes have a dedicated fuse for the T-sigs, but this product might have promise if one can be happy with 10, 20, or 30 second intervals before signal cancelling:

https://www.kisantech.com/view_product.php?product=10APF

bobbyf6b
10-16-2013, 02:26 PM
That's a great find! But $50 for a fuse? I would be upset if it blew out.

Steve 0080
10-16-2013, 02:35 PM
Interesting...looks like it will not work with LED'S...

Scotrod
10-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Can't say for sure if it specifically works on our bikes, but it looks waaay too easy to install! :yes:

It says you must reset /cancel your T-sig before activating it again after it's been tripped. (Think I got that right,,,)

Unclear to me if this is an everytime occurance or just if it self-cancels. (I assume the latter)

30 sec would be more than adequate for most any occurance I can think of, except perhaps a stoplight,,, I typically don't sit there and 'blink' non stop anyway, but,,,

Still, if it works as advertised, the price is not outrageous,,,

Scotrod
10-16-2013, 07:40 PM
More info I found in a Triumph forum:

It is programmable to 10, 20 or 30 seconds.
The "timer" does not start until you release the brake.

So in theory, you roll to a light, apply the brake, turn on your signal and as long as you hold the brake the signal stays on, your signal will go off in 10, 20 or 30 seconds after you release the brake and make the turn.

Or you roll to a turn, signal, no brake and the same as above.

The only catch is the signal switch has to be cancelled before you can use the turn signal again , no big deal the way I see it.

So I believe the intended use is more of a safety 'back up' in case you forget to cancel than a 100% set and forget auto T-SIG cancel device. Could be used either way, I suppose, but cancelling the sig manually will always be required at one time or another. Still, if it's 100% plug and play (depends on the bike) it could be an asset.

Scotrod
10-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Pulled a side cover and the sig's share a circuit with the radio. :icon_frown:

With some extra splicing, it might work, but 'I ain't going there'.

As its not going to be 'plug and play' install,,, with all things considered, I believe I'm gonna pass on this one.

bobbyf6b
10-17-2013, 08:38 PM
Pulled a side cover and the sig's share a circuit with the radio. :icon_frown:

With some extra splicing, it might work, but 'I ain't going there'.

As its not going to be 'plug and play' install,,, with all things considered, I believe I'm gonna pass on this one.

Me too. Thanks for the info. I'm getting more used to the way Honda designed it. I hit the switch two or three times if I need to.

Scotrod
10-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Last bike was the only one I've had with SCTS. Since then, my left thumb has kinda gotten lazy / 'out of synch'

Gotta get it back in the groove! :workout:

Clash
10-17-2013, 09:14 PM
yes this baby had working SCTS way back in the duran-duran days - so why 30 years later don't all bikes...
:icon_rolleyes: