PDA

View Full Version : Seat Rain Cover

DMAGOLDRDR
07-05-2017, 11:49 AM
I am looking for a Rain Cover for my Corbin Seat. Corbin Does NOT have a Rain Cover for the F6B. Bad enough a Motorcycle Seat is not waterproof but to not have a Rain Cover available is a real pain.

Has anyone searched out and tried the universal fit covers??? I know I will need to alter what ever I may find but thought I would ask before I just throw money out on a chance.

Sprays and Wax do not cut it due to all the stitching on this Seat. A good waterproof cover is the one way for me.

JGF6B
07-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Next time we ride you can try my ultimate "ride on rain cover" to see if it fits well enough.
I had it in the saddlebag yesterday.

DMAGOLDRDR
07-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Next time we ride you can try my ultimate "ride on rain cover" to see if it fits well enough.
I had it in the saddlebag yesterday.

I never thought to bring it up yesterday. Thanks.

JGF6B
07-05-2017, 06:06 PM
I never thought to bring it up yesterday. Thanks.

Can't blame you for that! Yesterday was beautiful; I don't think anybody was thinking about rain:icon_biggrin:

Delta
07-06-2017, 06:32 AM
Hartco makes a raincover for seats with and without the drivers backrest. Not sure if it will the Corbin.

DMAGOLDRDR
07-06-2017, 06:58 AM
Hartco makes a raincover for seats with and without the drivers backrest. Not sure if it will the Corbin.

Thanks, I didn't think of Hartco. Their seats are wide also like the Corbin.

Delta
07-06-2017, 08:20 AM
I've been thinking of getting one for my velour Hartco. But, I've been lazy and only using a plastic trash bag when needed, like parking outside over night.

DMAGOLDRDR
07-06-2017, 12:51 PM
I've been thinking of getting one for my velour Hartco. But, I've been lazy and only using a plastic trash bag when needed, like parking outside over night.

I need one for riding. The Corbin seat has a shape that pools water under your butt while riding and although I am in rain gear my seat gets soaked and takes days to dry. So even when it stops raining I have to still wear rain pants to keep my a$$ from getting wet.

I just ordered one thru JP Cycles that I believe is made buy Mustang. It is a universal fit with a backrest cover all in one. At least I hope so... ha ha ha

I'll see when it comes in.

blackmetoc
07-06-2017, 07:36 PM
I am looking for a Rain Cover for my Corbin Seat. Corbin Does NOT have a Rain Cover for the F6B. Bad enough a Motorcycle Seat is not waterproof but to not have a Rain Cover available is a real pain.

Has anyone searched out and tried the universal fit covers??? I know I will need to alter what ever I may find but thought I would ask before I just throw money out on a chance.

Sprays and Wax do not cut it due to all the stitching on this Seat. A good waterproof cover is the one way for me.

One might say that you are experiencing rain pain that hurts the brain. :-)

Delta
07-28-2017, 03:25 PM
I need one for riding. The Corbin seat has a shape that pools water under your butt while riding and although I am in rain gear my seat gets soaked and takes days to dry. So even when it stops raining I have to still wear rain pants to keep my a$$ from getting wet.

I just ordered one thru JP Cycles that I believe is made buy Mustang. It is a universal fit with a backrest cover all in one. At least I hope so... ha ha ha

I'll see when it comes in.

So, how's the rain cover working? Inquiring minds want to know.

willtill
07-28-2017, 03:49 PM

With how much Corbin loves their seats (as witnessed by the price they sell them for) you'd think that waterproofing would be an inherent characteristic :shhh:

I've never understood that about aftermarket motorcycle seats. Here is a vehicle (motorcycle) that is fully exposed open to the elements and they elect to not waterproof the fabric/leather/material/whatever is used for the seat... :shhh: I have had that that same issue with Ultimate, Seat Concepts, etc....

53driver
07-28-2017, 04:41 PM
Mink oil......

98valk
07-28-2017, 06:51 PM
I've never understood that about aftermarket motorcycle seats. Here is a vehicle (motorcycle) that is fully exposed open to the elements and they elect to not waterproof the fabric/leather/material/whatever is used for the seat... :shhh: I have had that that same issue with Ultimate, Seat Concepts, etc....

I agree 100%! Especially after spending a 12 hour day riding on a wet Ultimate seat. :icon_frown:

The claim is that they "breathe" better without a plastic lining. Then they tell you to put something on the seat it to seal the water out. If the sealing process works and the seat is now impermeable to water, doesn't that make it pretty similar to a plastic lining?? :banghead:

I wanted to add a plastic lining to my Mustang seat. Unfortunately, they glued the driver's portion to the foam. Next time I feel like getting in there, I'll cut the seat from the foam and add the plastic. My Mustang seat foam gets wet when just washing the bike. :yikes:

I feel better now ... :icon_lol:

DMAGOLDRDR
07-28-2017, 07:13 PM
Very sorry guys I forgot to report back on the Rain Cover..

The Cover is from JP Cycles and is a one piece cover with a section that covers the backrest. If anyone forgot I have the Corbin Dual Tour with Drivers Backrest.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/802-159

It ha s a tag inside "Made by Mustang". It will fit but I had to cut the elastic to do so. Also I can NOT sit on the seat while the cover is on, but that is OK for me. for $28 it does what I want..