PDA

View Full Version : Anybody knows when the new 2014 F6B will be out?

Talldude
10-16-2013, 05:42 PM
I am about to but the F6B Deluxe Black, but if the new version will be out soon I rather wait.... Anybody knows when honda will launch their new models?

Tlldude

jakec
10-16-2013, 06:03 PM
Tall dude, nobody has an idea. I talked to the Honda rep a couple days ago and he didn't know anything. Honda has a lot of the 2014 models out but there mum about the F6B and the Wing. Usually they at least give you a date for the annoucment but nothing so far.
Jakec

Steve 0080
10-17-2013, 08:04 AM
As Honda Never tells the truth about production numbers...we may never know....This may be a " one run and done" .......in my opinion.....buy them while they are available ......you may not get another chance !!!!

I also do not believe there will be any changes if there is a 2014..... just sayyin...

bigdew
10-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Honda does a lot of the Wing announcements in November time frame so no telling. I honestly don't think the F6B will be around long and will be a collectors item.

motozeke
10-17-2013, 09:14 AM
Honda does a lot of the Wing announcements in November time frame so no telling. I honestly don't think the F6B will be around long and will be a collectors item.

One model year would be very unusual. Here's hoping there's a 2014 and it has ABS in the US. :yes:

Scotrod
10-17-2013, 10:11 AM
May the 2014 nay-sayers bite their tongue! :nono:

We just got word of a Mustang seat, and recently developments of a MadStad shield system and a KlockWorks shield all specifically for the F6B.

Do you think other aftermarket manufacturers will invest in F6B specific accessories if it's a 'one and done'? HECK NO!!! What ya see now is all there will ever be, and even then, it'll turn into something no one stocks or a 'special order' item, IF you can find it.

We NEED the F6B to hang around for at least a few years. (I predict it will)

Unless, of course, you like bare-nekked bone-stock bikes!!!!!! :shock:

dickiedeals
10-17-2013, 11:28 AM
May the 2014 nay-sayers bite their tongue! :nono:

We just got word of a Mustang seat, and recently developments of a MadStad shield system and a KlockWorks shield all specifically for the F6B.

Do you think other aftermarket manufacturers will invest in F6B specific accessories if it's a 'one and done'? HECK NO!!! What ya see now is all there will ever be, and even then, it'll turn into something no one stocks or a 'special order' item, IF you can find it.

We NEED the F6B to hang around for at least a few years. (I predict it will)

Unless, of course, you like bare-nekked bone-stock bikes!!!!!! :shock:

Who is "We" as in we got word. I want a KlockWerks windshield and all I can find out is that they are working on it and don't know if or when it will be out. Dickie:jerkit:

JesseS
10-17-2013, 11:40 AM
For what it's worth (not much) the sales manager at my dealership told me he should have info in November and to expect the new model to hit showrooms in March. He did say he did not expect to see any changes other than paint options for 2014. This is a long time dealership with 'Super' dealer status and a long track record (+20 years)

Scotrod
10-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Who is "We" as in we got word. I want a KlockWerks windshield and all I can find out is that they are working on it and don't know if or when it will be out. Dickie:jerkit:

Keep yer britches on Dickie!!! :icon_lol:

You missed the point,,,

As posted above:

NONE of those items I mentioned are 100% out on the market available for purchase. (with the possible exception of the Madstad,, maybe,,,)

That's the entire reason behind my post indicating 'developments'. Not so much that you can buy it TODAY, but there is NEW stuff 'in the pipeline' being made specifically for F6B's.

If Honda kill's the F6B after one year, future aftermarket 'developments' will die before they ever get close to becoming a reality.

HD accessories are virtually unlimited. (Due to the 'inter-breeding' of models.) 'Metric' owners are never as fortunate, and worse yet, up until a year ago, "Sporty/Bagger" and "Goldwing" were never mentioned in the same sentence.

There really aren't a lot of 'sporty/bagger' options for G-Wings, unless you think stick-on chrome and LED lighting are all ya need!

I think we all would like something a bit different than a full blown Goldwing, or, we would have bought one.

The more choices I have to 'make it mine' the better. =)

(Heck, if I wanted something with ZERO aftermarket potential, I would have bought an INDIAN!!! LOL!)

Scotrod
10-17-2013, 12:47 PM
He did say he did not expect to see any changes other than paint options for 2014.

Great prediction, and I can easily see that happening.

JMHO, I think the Black could be the better seller of the 2 2013's. Unclear if they would kill it off in 2014.

Maybe they'll add a color to what's available for 3 choices total, but I expect no 'real' changes otherwise in 2014.

jeffro413
10-17-2013, 02:43 PM
November 4th they will be released.

Talldude
10-17-2013, 03:31 PM
I Just want to wait and see if at least it has ABS. Also I am selling my HD, so until I dont sell that puppy, there is no place in my garage for another puppy......

TD

dickiedeals
10-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Keep yer britches on Dickie!!! :icon_lol:

You missed the point,,,

As posted above:

NONE of those items I mentioned are 100% out on the market available for purchase. (with the possible exception of the Madstad,, maybe,,,)

That's the entire reason behind my post indicating 'developments'. Not so much that you can buy it TODAY, but there is NEW stuff 'in the pipeline' being made specifically for F6B's.

If Honda kill's the F6B after one year, future aftermarket 'developments' will die before they ever get close to becoming a reality.

HD accessories are virtually unlimited. (Due to the 'inter-breeding' of models.) 'Metric' owners are never as fortunate, and worse yet, up until a year ago, "Sporty/Bagger" and "Goldwing" were never mentioned in the same sentence.

There really aren't a lot of 'sporty/bagger' options for G-Wings, unless you think stick-on chrome and LED lighting are all ya need!

I think we all would like something a bit different than a full blown Goldwing, or, we would have bought one.

The more choices I have to 'make it mine' the better. =)

(Heck, if I wanted something with ZERO aftermarket potential, I would have bought an INDIAN!!! LOL!)

I got your point..... I was just hoping you knew something that I don't. I'm trying to avoid the purchase of a bunch windshields that really don't quite do what you want. I've owned Klock Werks and want one for the F6B.

Bruce B
10-17-2013, 06:11 PM
November 4th they will be released.

Thanks, Jeff. You're the one guy in this thread in a position to have some info. on this.

And I'm eager to get that new adjustable backrest mount. Will post some pics.

xzvs
10-17-2013, 07:10 PM
don't want abs -- or cruise for that matter -- want more flat black accessories

1951vbs
10-17-2013, 07:16 PM

I'm with you on the ABS and cruise but the GL1800 has more accessories available than any other bike. Just scuff it up and paint it black with satin rustoleum or plasi-dip!

xzvs
10-17-2013, 07:31 PM
LOL --why lets make it expensive and scuff off plating shoot give me raw metal dont make me scuff shiny

1951vbs
10-17-2013, 07:49 PM
LOL --why lets make it expensive and scuff off plating shoot give me raw metal dont make me scuff shiny

Position noted but if its chrome underneath it will be rust resistant (like primer). Seriously I like the look of satin with flat black so I order chrome and take scotch-brite pads to it. I will post some pics on the anti-chrome possy thread when done. Can't wait to see if they do anything at all for 2014 F6B.

Scotrod
10-17-2013, 07:57 PM
I'm trying to avoid the purchase of a bunch windshields that really don't quite do what you want.

=)

I'm not sure that's possible for me,,, Think I had 11 for the last bike,,, Been sellin/shippin Yami parts for weeks now. Still have 5 "Batwing" shields here in my office and at least 1 more upstairs,, LOL!

wishey1
10-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Does anyone have experience with the tall windshield made by Honda...?

tia...

MichaelG
10-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Does anyone have experience with the tall windshield made by Honda...?

tia...

Contact forum member...HondaBikePro... (Dale)...as he is on the road ride now. He rode his F6B from Washington State to Orlando, Florida, for the Honda Dealers meeting, and release of the 2014 bikes. He will be leaving Orlando today or tomorrow to ride back to Washington State. He has the tall Honda windshield on his bike.

He will also have the direct info from the Honda Dealers meeting, and 2014 bike info, as he owns 2 Honda dealerships.

erazor55
10-18-2013, 08:06 PM
While I'm curious, I can't be happier with mine.

wishey1
10-18-2013, 08:52 PM
...which one do you have...?

Talldude
10-18-2013, 09:53 PM
let's see what happens on November 4..........

4DI2D
10-19-2013, 10:46 PM
The tall w/s for the F6B is barely OK. The GoldWing w/s is wider and reduces buffeting better, so do the wider aftermarket models.

pblair
10-24-2013, 09:07 AM

Flat black accessories, you gotta make your own.

Not a real transformer but the best we can do. (We as in us) :icon_wink:

MichaelG
10-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Phil, that nose piece looks good. How about sending a dozen of those to WingBling in Florida, and having them paint their Carbon Fiber look...in Medium tone...on that nose piece. That would make a great selling item.

And...that nose piece used with the BikeMP3 lights that go up inside the fairing, would look like a transformer with a bad attitude, with the eyes lighting up.

Maybe Phil (TexasCycleChrome) and Pete (BikeMP3) should get together on this.

kjelders
10-24-2013, 10:06 AM
And...that nose piece used with the BikeMP3 lights that go up inside the fairing, would look like a transformer with a bad attitude, with the eyes lighting up.

I would go for that combination look!

pblair
10-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Phil, that nose piece looks good. How about sending a dozen of those to WingBling in Florida, and having them paint their Carbon Fiber look...in Medium tone...on that nose piece. That would make a great selling item.

:icon_biggrin: I have the lights already. Did you see my post with the Boogey Fireworks installed? The finish is plastidip spray and a bit peeled away around the slits. Very easy for the DIY. Also check out dip wizard for a DIY hydro dip, any pattern you want including carbon fiber. I did some but need more practice to get it as good as Pete's. It is an art form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-aVzUJGNBk

Oh FYI on the nose piece. It is from Add On accessories and they are closing 12/31/13. Get what you can now.