PDA

View Full Version : Nor Cal Saturday Lunch Ride

Philbert40
10-16-2013, 11:25 PM
I was thinking that it's time for all the Nor Cal F6B riders to get together for a little ride. Meet up for Coffee, take a little ride to a nice lunch stop, check out each others mods, complain about the bad paint, and just have a nice get together.

Ok, here are the details:

DATE: Saturday November 9th, 2013

TIME: 9 AM

If you're interested, please sign up below so we can see how many to expect. Suggestions for a lunch stop would also be ok.

See you all there.

LSA376
10-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Sounds good, look forward to it.

Bruce B
10-19-2013, 12:07 AM
I was thinking that it's time for all the Nor Cal F6B riders to get together for a little ride. Meet up for Coffee, take a little ride to a nice lunch stop, check out each others mods, complain about the bad paint, and just have a nice get together.

Ok, here are the details:

DATE: Saturday November 9th, 2013

TIME: 9 AM

If you're interested, please sign up below so we can see how many to expect. Suggestions for a lunch stop would also be ok.

See you all there.

Thanks for getting the ball going on this, Phil. Count me in. You picked the perfect day on my calendar.

I have some potential lunch ideas. "Guisti's" on the delta in Walnut Grove is an institution and the food is great. Another on the delta is "Fosters Big Horn" in Rio Vista. Also an institution, it's filled with the original owners big game trophies. Going the other way to booming downtown Volcano, there is the general store with it's brick oven for doing burgers and also the old hotel. I don't think they're seasonal. I'm not fussy at all where we go, as long as we get together to enjoy the company and to ride. Thanks again. Bruce

bobbyf6b
10-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Thanks for getting the ball going on this, Phil. Count me in. You picked the perfect day on my calendar.

I have some potential lunch ideas. "Guisti's" on the delta in Walnut Grove is an institution and the food is great. Another on the delta is "Fosters Big Horn" in Rio Vista. Also an institution, it's filled with the original owners big game trophies. Going the other way to booming downtown Volcano, there is the general store with it's brick oven for doing burgers and also the old hotel. I don't think they're seasonal. I'm not fussy at all where we go, as long as we get together to enjoy the company and to ride. Thanks again. Bruce

I've been to Foster's! It's cool but a little eerie. My brother in-law lives near San Jose and we camped out at Brannan Island State Park. It was a family trip so I didn't have the bike.

JesseS
10-19-2013, 10:53 AM
You can count me in also, as for lunch I am open to most anything. I have been to Foster's also, and yes it is a bit weird to have all of those eye's looking down at you while you're eating. Some of my old group and I took a 'Fall Color' ride up 16 to Jackson, had breakfast at Mel's, and then did the 88>89>50 ride back to Placerville and 49 into Auburn last week. The Foothills are awesome this time of year, but a bit cool.

Yeahoo Whoyah
10-23-2013, 11:56 PM
See you all on the 9th at 9:00 AM. I look forward to seeing the farkles you guys have been adding!
Greg

Yeahoo Whoyah
11-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Just checking in, weather forecast for Saturday looks good, I'm ready.....Onward!

Philbert40
11-06-2013, 12:23 AM
The 9th is coming up fast. Really looking forward to seeing everyone, and I have a route and the lunch destination all set up. I know everyone will be pleased with the outcome.

See you guys Saturday!:clap2:

Bruce B
11-07-2013, 12:51 AM
The 9th is coming up fast. Really looking forward to seeing everyone, and I have a route and the lunch destination all set up. I know everyone will be pleased with the outcome.

See you guys Saturday!:clap2:

It's on the calendar. See you Saturday.

JesseS
11-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Just adding a few new goodies this week. Looking forward to meeting everyone on Saturday.

Yeahoo Whoyah
11-09-2013, 09:14 PM
What a pleasant surprise when Miles pulled up this morning to join our little group ride! Good to see Bruce and Phil again, and meeting Jesse. I'm waiting patiently for the posting of the photo taken by "Tall Red" (Phil's wife Mary). Fantastic Autumn weather, wonderful day!

Philbert40
11-09-2013, 11:58 PM
Good to see everyone again, meet Jesse, and what a surprise....Sparky! It was good to see him and the bike up and running again. We had a really nice meet-up for coffee and then a great ride up in the foothills. Afterwards, my local BMW riding club invited us to a backyard BBQ. Great time all around! We will have to do this again real soon!

Here are several photos from today.298129822983

Bruce B
11-10-2013, 03:08 AM
Thanks to Phil for putting together a great day. He arranged perfect sunny weather with temps starting in the high 40's and rising to the low 70's. It was really good be surprised by Miles and to see him back in fine form. His adventure could have had a much less happy outcome. Riding the Sierra foothills with good folks on our F6Bs, priceless.

Hook
11-10-2013, 01:28 PM
I live in SoCal (Lakewood) We need to do a half way ride....What do you think????:icon_cool:

MichaelG
11-10-2013, 05:32 PM
Just letting the Eldorado Hills Gang (all of them are related to the original Hole in the Wall gang), that I made it home safely, at 1:00 pm on Sunday. :motorcycle2:

Oh...thank goodness for Gerbing Heated Clothing. It got down to 27 degrees today in southern Oregon, in a freezing fog. I was warm and toasty.

Bruce B
11-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Just letting the Eldorado Hills Gang (all of them are related to the original Hole in the Wall gang), that I made it home safely, at 1:00 pm on Sunday. :motorcycle2:

Oh...thank goodness for Gerbing Heated Clothing. It got down to 27 degrees today in southern Oregon, in a freezing fog. I was warm and toasty.

Glad to hear that your ride back went well. I guess the "lightning season" is over.

All kidding aside, it was good to see you again and good to see that you are recovering well. It was a real surprise to see you show up for our informal little get together. You're welcome back any time.

Bruce B
11-10-2013, 11:42 PM
I live in SoCal (Lakewood) We need to do a half way ride....What do you think????:icon_cool:

That idea has some potential. Worth thinking about come spring.

Philbert40
11-11-2013, 11:46 PM
I think a mid-state ride weekend would be a great idea. I will be glad to put together a plan for March or April.

Bruce B
11-12-2013, 01:41 AM
I think a mid-state ride weekend would be a great idea. I will be glad to put together a plan for March or April.

With your event planning abilities, Phil, it would be a guaranteed success. Let me know what I could do to help. I'm good at fetching and toting.

MichaelG
11-12-2013, 09:14 AM
Here is just an idea...maybe have the joint California gathering in Solvang, CA. It is a little closer to the south, than the north, but it is a fun town. Lots of places to eat, places to sleep, and other things to see. Good riding roads around there...if a person wanted to ride...after having already ridden to there.

Just an idea... :motorcycle2:

Yeahoo Whoyah
11-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Paso Robles - San Luis Obispo is about 1/2 way. Good roads and scenery, plenty of places to stay, some fine restaurants........so many places, so little time......

edgeman55
11-12-2013, 01:57 PM
Paso Robles - San Luis Obispo is about 1/2 way. Good roads and scenery, plenty of places to stay, some fine restaurants........so many places, so little time......

Great place to ride,lots of great places to eat.Spent my college years there at Cal Poly.Lived in Morro Bay and San Luis at different times.Would love to go back as it has been 20 Years since I have last visited.Plus people could ride North or South on the coast back home.

Bruce B
11-12-2013, 02:05 PM
I also suggested San Luis Obispo, and that area, to Phil in a PM. Seems to be a popular idea. Other mid-point destinations such as Visalia probably wouldn't generate the same enthusiasm.

MichaelG
11-12-2013, 04:49 PM
I concur with my colleagues. S.L.O. would be a good place. It could be the F6B NorCal/SoCal SLO gathering :motorcycle2:

MichaelG
11-14-2013, 09:24 AM
Phil, Greg, Bruce, and the whole darn gang....what if you and the SoCal guys decided to go INLAND, so that you could include the riders from Arizona and Nevada ??????

Just an idea, but if you went inland...maybe Beatty, NV., or Lone Pine, CA., or...something of that nature, you get into an area that will allow riders from two other states to also particpate. For several years we have held LD rallies in Beatty, and it is a lot less expensive there, than in SLO. Good roads to play on, decent restaurants, a bordello or two, etc, etc, etc.

Just give that some thought, for maybe a joint...SouthWest F6B Rally. :clap2: :cheers: :alc: :biker: :301: :icon_stooge: :motorcycle2: