PDA

View Full Version : Did the dealer forget to install a center stand?

gfnk106
07-09-2017, 09:15 PM
Yesterday, I purchased a leftover blue 2015 f6b. I did not purchase the deluxe model, but there is no center stand on my bike. Do you have to buy the deluxe model in order to come with a centerstand, or did my dealer short cchange me?

seventwenty
07-09-2017, 09:23 PM
Centerstand comes on Dx only. You should be able to find a take-off for a reasonable price. Check with someone who "trikes" wings. I just picked one up this wkd with all of the needed hardware for $70. I think mother Honda gets around $140 just for the stand. Other discussions on here have talked about getting the stand for $35-40 but I think you still need to buy the hardware.

gfnk106
07-09-2017, 09:44 PM
Centerstand comes on Dx only. You should be able to find a take-off for a reasonable price. Check with someone who "trikes" wings. I just picked one up this wkd with all of the needed hardware for $70. I think mother Honda gets around $140 just for the stand. Other discussions on here have talked about getting the stand for $35-40 but I think you still need to buy the hardware.
Ok. Thanks! Do you know if the center stand will limit cornering clearance?

taxfree4
07-09-2017, 09:57 PM
Welcome and congratulations on the best bike you'll ever own.

gfnk106
07-09-2017, 10:09 PM
Welcome and congratulations on the best bike you'll ever own.
Thanks! Yep, it's a beast!

53driver
07-09-2017, 10:10 PM

Nope. I've scraped a lot of parts, but never the center stand!

Sorcerer
07-09-2017, 10:24 PM
I scraped up my front crash bars in corners. Scraped up the heat shields and acorn nuts that hold them on. Had to replace the driver peg sounders. Only time I got the center stand was doing a track day. The track had a nasty dip coming out of a corner that you needed miss. Got the right muffler on that spot also. So no for most riders. You may hit it if your not carefull going off a square curb.

gfnk106
07-09-2017, 10:45 PM
I scraped up my front crash bars in corners. Scraped up the heat shields and acorn nuts that hold them on. Had to replace the driver peg sounders. Only time I got the center stand was doing a track day. The track had a nasty dip coming out of a corner that you needed miss. Got the right muffler on that spot also. So no for most riders. You may hit it if your not carefull going off a square curb.
Cool. I may end up getting a center stand. I just ordered a vented 19 inch slipstream windshield for my f6b today, and I am 6 ft. tall, but I am starting to wonder if that windshield is going to be too tall. Only one way to find out I guess.
Happy riding, and keep her shiny side up!

wjduke
07-10-2017, 04:50 AM
Cool. I may end up getting a center stand. I just ordered a vented 19 inch slipstream windshield for my f6b today, and I am 6 ft. tall, but I am starting to wonder if that windshield is going to be too tall. Only one way to find out I guess.

The center stand is a must have, imo...best add on I did to the bike. I say that mostly if you're willing to work on your bike, such as oil changes and tires.

Jimmytee
07-10-2017, 04:25 PM
I've dragged the center stand a few times from dips.

unsub
07-10-2017, 08:26 PM
As previously stated a center stand is really handy for a lot of DIY projects on the bike. Add one asap

unsub
07-10-2017, 08:27 PM

It may just line up slightly below or in your line of vision.

Broken Hand
07-10-2017, 08:28 PM
Check eBay. I got a new one and hardware for $100 shipped.

gfnk106
07-10-2017, 08:38 PM
It may just line up slightly below or in your line of vision.
Yep. We'll see how it is and if I need to send it back for one that's a little shorter, that's fine too. Just want to get the air flow dialed in right. They really need a power windshield on these high end Hondas.

gfnk106
07-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Check eBay. I got a new one and hardware for $100 shipped.
Thanks for the tip! I plan on buying a center stand in about a month or two. Going on vacation this week and I am taking the bike, so I will wait a little bit before I make that purchase, but I will be keeping an eye on Ebay.

rudymsmith
07-11-2017, 05:55 AM

NO

billsim
07-11-2017, 12:32 PM
NO
Bought my 2013 bike new in fall of 2015 (non deluxe model). One week later I had the dealer add the centerstand, passenger backrest and the heated grips. It is now an almost deluxe model without the self cancelling turn signals, which I don't really miss anyways.
The centerstand is nice for cleaning the bike and for checking rear tire air.
There are a lot of great ideas on here for more "can't live without" items.
Best bike on the road.
Safe travels!
Bill