PDA

View Full Version : Gettysburg Rally week

Bob Penn
07-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Yesterday was a perfect day for a ride. So off I went down to the last day of the scheduled Gettysburg rally. I had originally planned on going earlier in the week but my sugar coating dictated that I wait for a perfect weather forecast. Over the years my coating has served me well. In fact this year was no different. The first 3 days of the show were indeed wet with showers and downpours.
The show itself is relatively small with less than a 150 vendors and it takes less than 2 hours to walk through, but the surrounding area of national parks and monuments to the civil war make for a nice days outing.
The only down point in the day was when I looked down to tie my shoes and I couldn't see my laces. Seems the last 3 days of waiting had led to anxiety eating and a 4 pound weight gain. So I can't report on the fair food but the smelling was great but painful!

wjduke
07-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Yesterday was a perfect day for a ride. So off I went down to the last day of the scheduled Gettysburg rally. I had originally planned on going earlier in the week but my sugar coating dictated that I wait for a perfect weather forecast. Over the years my coating has served me well. In fact this year was no different. The first 3 days of the show were indeed wet with showers and downpours.
The show itself is relatively small with less than a 150 vendors and it takes less than 2 hours to walk through, but the surrounding area of national parks and monuments to the civil war make for a nice days outing.
The only down point in the day was when I looked down to tie my shoes and I couldn't see my laces. Seems the last 3 days of waiting had led to anxiety eating and a 4 pound weight gain. So I can't report on the fair food but the smelling was great but painful!

What do you care about 4lbs for! I can't believe you didn't eat.