PDA

View Full Version : Progressive shocks

Goldwingfd
07-11-2017, 08:22 AM
I have an F6B and recently purchased another for my wife. Because of the higher seat height, we had the rear end lowered with Progressive shocks. Front lowering progressive monotube shocks can also be purchased and would lower the front an inch.

Has anyone done this in front and rear and how does it affect cornering and handling? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jimmytee
07-11-2017, 08:38 AM
Stating the obvious, you will lose some cornering clearance.

Goldwingfd
07-11-2017, 10:57 AM
I just want to make sure it's a safe situation for my wife. She told me she has scraped a couple of times with the rear lowered. Not sure how much more lowering the front also would make. I appreciate your response.

opas ride
07-11-2017, 01:51 PM
I just want to make sure it's a safe situation for my wife. She told me she has scraped a couple of times with the rear lowered. Not sure how much more lowering the front also would make. I appreciate your response.
Personally I would not mess with the suspension front or rear..Perhaps a lower seat option i.e., Mustang or Mean City Cycles can alter the stocker to suit your needs...I went with a Mustang seat, and put taller 1/2" heels and soles on my riding boots and it works great for me...If the time comes to update the front forks/suspension etc, I will probably use Traxxion springs and necessary hardware as they come highly recommended from most others.....Good luck and ride safe