PDA

View Full Version : Attaching Airhawk seat cushion?

zeus661
07-11-2017, 02:52 PM
Just ordered an Airhawk Cruiser R seat cushion for my B. What is the best way to fasten it to the seat? I don't want to just lay it on the seat and I want to be able to remove it for washing and when traveling overnight. Looking for ideas. Thanks

six2go
07-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Did you get some elastic straps with it? It's been awhile, but I think I did. I took the small flat strap and forced it under the nose of the seat then hooked the ends to the loops at the front of the Airhawk. I had a bunch of elastic and plastic hooks from other applications that I used to anchor the rear by running the elastic through the rear loops then attaching plastic hooks to the ends and hooking them under the side/bottom of the seat. Really, I think just fastening the front should keep it from getting away.

bgd8rd
07-12-2017, 08:11 AM
I just bought a Air Hawk 2 from a fellow F6B rider on our FB page. New and never used for $65 including shipping! Anyway, yes, there should be elastic straps that come with it to secure it to the bike. Mine did.

taxfree4
07-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Had one since they first came out, did a comparison YouTube video with the Beadrider, https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VnPvjvv4G0c. Dont worry about the straps the bottom of the Airhawk is a rubbery surface so it stays on the seat with your body weight alone with no problem, it does come with straps though.