PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast w/a member and tires

choptop
07-14-2017, 10:55 AM
John/jm21ddd15 gave me a call and said he was going to be in my area and wanted to know if I wanted to ride, said sure, scheduled to meet him half way from where he was overnighting , have breakfast and ride. Woke up[ to a flat tire, hadn't ridin in a week... I have had more trouble w/tires on this bike in the last 3 years than I have had driving a car in 50. Both stock valve stems left me stranded, car tire w/leak on way to rally last year and flat car tire this morning. Drove the car up and had breakfast. Love the bike, had the tire problems.:icon_frown:

speedjunkie
07-14-2017, 11:45 PM
That's just her way of telling you you weren't supposed to ride today. Had a fjr years ago that wouldn't start right before a trip. When my buddy came by with the trailer. I commented I was tempted to trade her off on a HD. Tried one more time, tired right up. Never caused me a lick of trouble in another 12k miles. Was it the sight of the trailer or being threatened with a trip to the HD dealer? I think it was her way of telling me to stay home.

Mike

willtill
07-15-2017, 04:18 AM
A flat tire can be viewed as an Achilles heel on a motorcycle... unless you have/carry a spare (which we can't/don't).

JackB
07-15-2017, 06:20 AM
John/jm21ddd15 gave me a call and said he was going to be in my area and wanted to know if I wanted to ride, said sure, scheduled to meet him half way from where he was overnighting , have breakfast and ride. Woke up[ to a flat tire, hadn't ridin in a week... I have had more trouble w/tires on this bike in the last 3 years than I have had driving a car in 50. Both stock valve stems left me stranded, car tire w/leak on way to rally last year and flat car tire this morning. Drove the car up and had breakfast. Love the bike, had the tire problems.:icon_frown:

Where in southern Wis do you live? I was driving around southeastern Wis on Friday I should have contacted you.

choptop
07-15-2017, 06:46 AM
Where in southern Wis do you live? I was driving around southeastern Wis on Friday I should have contacted you.

20 minutes from Menomonie wi.

JackB
07-16-2017, 05:55 PM
20 minutes from Menomonie wi.

So you are western Wis not southern so I wasn't close to you at all.

Bighutch14
07-16-2017, 06:48 PM
So you are western Wis not southern so I wasn't close to you at all.

Myself and jm21ddd15 are both in SE WI. I'm near lake Geneva and he is in fort Atkinson. We get together at least once a month or so.

JackB
07-16-2017, 10:07 PM
Let me know next time you meet up, maybe I could drive south.

choptop
07-17-2017, 04:50 PM
Concerning the flat tire, nobody wants to repair it because of liability issue but gladly will sell you one at full retail. Thought about plugging it but w/the 3,000 + miles trip coming up I decided to order a new one and find someone to mount it. This tire was the replacement I had installed in Russellville last year when my darkside tire developed a leak on the way down.

jm21ddd15
07-17-2017, 09:29 PM
Concerning the flat tire, nobody wants to repair it because of liability issue but gladly will sell you one at full retail. Thought about plugging it but w/the 3,000 + miles trip coming up I decided to order a new one and find someone to mount it. This tire was the replacement I had installed in Russellville last year when my darkside tire developed a leak on the way down.

Hey Chop, was a great place you recommended for the breakfast. That meal lasted me till supper time. To bad about your tire. I found some new, good roads, so I was happy. Ended with another 1200 mile weekend. I am going to have to change my rear tire before Sturgis. Luckily, I already have rubber mounted on my extra wheel. Seems as we have several F6 riders in Wisconsin. We should figure out a meet and greet, like the group down in Florida does. The Wi Gold Winger group meets in Wi Dells on August 11th thru 13th, I will be there, probably gonna lead another ride thru the hills. Come and join the fun!

choptop
07-17-2017, 09:33 PM
May be a possibility John, I will be getting back from being gone a couple of weeks, on the 5th or 6th, so we will have to see how receptive mama is to me taking off for a night again. :yikes:

jm21ddd15
07-17-2017, 09:48 PM
Sweet talk her. I get home from Sturgis on the 8th or 9th, then will head to the Dells on Friday morning 11th. It's tuff being retired. Just makes my new Yamaha Fz-07 sad, when it watches me hop on the 6, for another long ride! :lolup:

choptop
07-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Sweet talk usually involves money and temporarily giving up my man card, we will see.:jerkit: