PDA

View Full Version : LED head light Q

Sorcerer
07-16-2017, 06:47 PM
I installed the Rivco LED headlight bulbs in the low beams. I've adjusted the headlights down to to the point that the high beams are hitting the road just out in front of the bike making the high beams just about useless. I'm still getting every 4th or 5th on coming car flashing me on 2 lane roads. To me this is unexcepable. I don't think I've done anything wrong on the install. Any thoughts on this?

Steve 0080
07-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Sounds to me like they are not seated correctly... double check that the bulb is seated and go from there.

Sorcerer
07-17-2017, 08:11 PM
I pulled them out tonight and replaced with bright white bulbs similar to the Peia bulbs. I may save them for when I need to replace the highs. They would make really good high beams.

olegoat345
07-19-2017, 10:09 AM
Around here some folks use the super bright & white bulbs as DRL's & night driving. I've find them blinding to my old eyes. At a rally in Key West a sport bike was ask to move to the side due to being so bright. That was a bit of overkill in my opinion. I don't know of any rules or regs. for being too bright.

DMAGOLDRDR
07-20-2017, 06:10 AM
A riding friend installed those in his Wing and having him follow during the day is fine, but last night I had to have him ride in front. There were too bright to have him behind me.
During the day they seem to be a real eye catcher being such a bright white,,, but they did not cast a very useful light at night and were too bright for on coming traffic.