PDA

View Full Version : Haven't heard anything on led headlights

Lonny
07-18-2017, 09:22 PM
Getting ready to purchase and was wondering what everybody is thinking of there leds

Jimmytee
07-18-2017, 09:25 PM
So far so good with my SoCal Pathfinder LED lights in both the low and the high beam locations.

willtill
07-19-2017, 05:32 AM
Do a search of the forum. Lot's of F6B pilots are running them...

Lonny
07-19-2017, 06:30 AM
There's alot on here when people first got them.just wondering now after people had them for a while

06Blackpearl
07-19-2017, 12:21 PM
Depends what your looking to get out of them..

I keep my HIDS cause they have distance that an LED can't match yet..
once they match the light distance I'll switch over ..

I was thinking of running the leds in my low and HIDS in the high and still might, but it won't be this year unless a bulb blows..

Lonny
07-19-2017, 05:02 PM
Some say better some say there no good.guess I will have to buy and take a chance.still a toss up between ec and pathfinders

miramiramira
07-19-2017, 09:09 PM
Getting ready to purchase and was wondering what everybody is thinking of there leds

I got mine in December from EC. high and low beam. I love them. Replaced socal HID's in low beam and OEM in high beam. They throw light just fine.

I've ridden CO 69 in the dark 3 times: once on a road king with stock lights and stock driving lights. Once on my f6b with led driving lights, HID low beams and stock high beams. This last time on the f6b with full LED. The RK was terrifying. The first time on f6b was pretty good. This last time with all LED was excellent. I probably made this last run twice as fast as I did on the RK, just because I could see so much better and further.

CO 69 is 1 dark, empty road.

Steve 0080
07-21-2017, 08:13 AM
So far so good with my SoCal Pathfinder LED lights in both the low and the high beam locations.

+1 !!!!!

empirelloyd
08-26-2017, 09:25 AM
pathfinders all the way,,,, great upgrade,,,, socalmotogear

photodiver
08-27-2017, 08:26 AM

I installed those on my bike yesterday, high beams are tough to get too.

Hoff
09-04-2017, 03:07 PM
I installed the pathfinder on Saturday. Both high and low. Previous bike had HID.

The amount of light, and the color are both fantastic. Did a night ride out to a lake on a long dark twisty road with several long straights. I would purchase these over many HID lights again with no hesitation.

LED has come a long way in the last few years.

The highs are a pain to get to, but they are worth the effort. The left is easy, remove the cubby and you're good. The right...remove the cover, inbuilt the component in there (cruise?) and you can get to it alright. I've got big hands so it was frustrating and I got a few cuts, but I. the end it was worth every bit of effort.

ReserveBum
09-07-2017, 04:50 PM
I had the Socal Pathfinders but one failed on the way to Pigeon Forge. I tried to contact Socal but they dont list a phone number so I used their messaging in the "Contact Us" section of the website. They responded that they received my request but never heard another word. Luckily Rick (Value Accessories) had both the Socal and the Big Bike LED's. I went with the Big Bike version....who needs poor customer service.

CoCoKola
09-09-2017, 01:16 PM
I have the Pathfinder LED Headlight Kits, GL1800/F6B - for those who asked at the rally.

ReserveBum
09-14-2017, 07:23 AM
I had the Socal Pathfinders but one failed on the way to Pigeon Forge. I tried to contact Socal but they dont list a phone number so I used their messaging in the "Contact Us" section of the website. They responded that they received my request but never heard another word. Luckily Rick (Value Accessories) had both the Socal and the Big Bike LED's. I went with the Big Bike version....who needs poor customer service.

SoCal sent me a replacement....later than I would like but they made it good