PDA

View Full Version : VT Cagers

wjduke
07-23-2017, 08:05 PM
You'd think people in VT are laid back and calm. Not quite! They're some of the most aggressive, impatient drivers I've seen. At least up there with the worst.
At least three times today, our group of 10 got cut in on by people who simply couldn't let the group stay together, either when we entered a roadway or changing lanes on the highway.
I wish they knew how dangerous they are.

opas ride
07-23-2017, 09:10 PM
You'd think people in VT are laid back and calm. Not quite! They're some of the most aggressive, impatient drivers I've seen. At least up there with the worst.
At least three times today, our group of 10 got cut in on by people who simply couldn't let the group stay together, either when we entered a roadway or changing lanes on the highway.

Pretty much the situation across the country!!!...People are so stressed out about our "shit government", world issues, and just plain rotten attitudes against their neighbors, etc....Civility seems to gone down the tubes...More of us should go to Church or find ways to be kind to one another.....Yea, Good Luck with that...A sorry and sad state of affairs in our world.....Ride safe, (if you can)...

willtill
07-24-2017, 04:40 AM
Aggressive cagers are everywhere. I used to think that only certain cities had the monopoly on them (Phoenix, L.A., Washington DC, etc)... but as time has gone on... they are now everywhere.

Bob Penn
07-24-2017, 07:55 AM
" most aggressive, impatient drivers" That could describe me. But as you've witnessed what really scares me is the tourista that cruises along at 10mph below the already conservative posted speed limit.
You know their minds are not thinking about the task at hand namely driving. They are usually day dreaming or counting the leaves in the trees or the animals in the woods! Or worst yet thinking about the itch in their shorts. Then all of a sudden without warning they brake and make a left hand turn. The traffic behind be damned.

taxfree4
07-24-2017, 09:24 AM

I have found that nobody would cut you off sooner, give you the finger or " mother f" you than someone with a THULE rack and a "Hillary for President" bumper sticker and everyone in a Subaru, but I repeat myself.

wjduke
07-24-2017, 09:34 AM
Bob, you're just a crazy guy on a bike. Big difference! These are mostly women, who are brain dead to what's going on around them. I wish they knew that we just want to stay together as a group. We're not out to beat them to the next light.

bob109
07-24-2017, 10:42 AM
While cruising along the Inter-State on my trusty Car Tire, I've encountered more than one "Blond Bimbo" scratching her crotch, applying lip gloss, checking her eye shadow, texting etc. while propelling her 4500 lb. mobil phone booth (Lincoln Navigator, Chevy Suburban, Ford Expedition) down the highway while drifting into my lane. So involved in conversation, they are completely oblivious to their surroundings. As we "Riders" well know, you have to have "eyes in your a$$", "great peripheral vision" and the ability to perform "quick evasive maneuvers" to keep the rubber side down. Since the introduction of "Cell Phones" the number of Cycle Riders "going down" due to "clueless gagers" is growing by leaps and bounds.

Be Cautious, Be Vigilant, Be Safe

P.S. Remember that every State in the Union has their share of "Cager Morons"!

wjduke
07-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Maine, NH, and VT always had that laid back reputation. Down here, I EXPECT it to happen. I expected more courtesy from them. Just surprised that it's no different at all.

willtill
07-24-2017, 12:30 PM
I have found that nobody would cut you off sooner, give you the finger or " mother f" you than someone with a THULE rack and a "Hillary for President" bumper sticker and everyone in a Subaru, but I repeat myself.

D.W.A is also one to watch out for. As well as Volvo's and minivans

VStarRider
07-24-2017, 01:49 PM
I hope I don't have to retract this statement, but other than isolated incidents a few times per riding season, cagers are generally respectful and cautious around me when I am riding.

I notice that many folks ready to pull out several hundred feet ahead wait for me when they safely have plenty of space to go. More often, drivers will tailgate but usually they back off after a few seconds.

wjduke
07-24-2017, 03:18 PM
I hope I don't have to retract this statement, but other than isolated incidents a few times per riding season, cagers are generally respectful and cautious around me when I am riding.

I notice that many folks ready to pull out several hundred feet ahead wait for me when they safely have plenty of space to go. More often, drivers will tailgate but usually they back off after a few seconds.
I should say that it's not 100%....there are the courteous ones out there. More than not, I might add. But, it only takes a chosen few to give you the pucker moment.

crossbowme
07-25-2017, 07:57 AM
Maine, NH, and VT always had that laid back reputation. Down here, I EXPECT it to happen. I expected more courtesy from them. Just surprised that it's no different at all.

Can't speak for the other States but Maine drivers are seldom Maine drivers. From Bar Harbor south along the coast, you have to work to find a Maine plate (when you do, they're often transplants from Mass). The quality of the driving has dropped dramatically as we have been invaded from out-of-staters who seek a better life and come to Maine to find it. When they get here they want their towns to operate like their old city/town. They drive like they did "back home".

If you want to see Maine drivers travel to Washington, Aroostook, Piscataquis, etc counties. Here you'll find courtesy (at least until the Mass drivers move here).

wjduke
07-25-2017, 08:25 AM
So it's us "Massholes" who are the problem? Us Masshole tourists support your states...year round, and without us, your situation would be much different. This wasn't about Maine, per se, I rarely go there. I'm not trying to start a war here, but that implication ticks me off. Don't group all of us, and I won't group all of you. I did mention that most drivers are courteous. I spent a couple hundred bucks up there this summer already, just between gas and food. Maybe we all should rethink our destinations.

vmaxed
07-25-2017, 09:01 AM
:popcorn:'popcorn and coke'

VStarRider
07-25-2017, 01:07 PM
:popcorn:'popcorn and coke'

LOL. Me too.

Bob Penn
07-26-2017, 07:21 AM
Truth be told, You're all nuts. But if food and drink are involved count me in! :popcorn: 'popcorn and coke'