PDA

View Full Version : Seat shape

Ewreck
07-25-2017, 07:30 AM
I'm a little miffed on why Honda would design a seat that takes a PHD to remove. Joking but the fact I have to remove the backrest and passenger handles to get it off seems lame as other bikes can have a seat off in less than 60 seconds. I do have an aftermarket backrest from Showchrome and wondered if the OEM backrest needs to be removed also. I'm having my seat modified by Bitchin Stitchen in Colorado unfortunately "after" my 3k mile trip next week but I definitely would like the back edge of the seat shaped to avoid removing backrest and rack.

opas ride
07-25-2017, 09:39 AM
I'm a little miffed on why Honda would design a seat that takes a PHD to remove. Joking but the fact I have to remove the backrest and passenger handles to get it off seems lame as other bikes can have a seat off in less than 60 seconds. I do have an aftermarket backrest from Showchrome and wondered if the OEM backrest needs to be removed also. I'm having my seat modified by Bitchin Stitchen in Colorado unfortunately "after" my 3k mile trip next week but I definitely would like the back edge of the seat shaped to avoid removing backrest and rack.

I don't see the seat thing as any big deal..Maybe a little more difficult than others, but I overlook these minor issues as the F6B is otherwise, one of the best bikes out today in most all respects.....JMHO and ride safe..

2wheelsforme
07-25-2017, 10:42 AM
Almost 20K and have not had the seat off yet. I do have the longer pointed bolts from Value ready to go back on when needed.

taxfree4
07-25-2017, 01:05 PM

If you think that's bad wait till you change the air filter.

willtill
07-25-2017, 01:55 PM

:icon_lol: Yep. :shhh:

Ewreck
07-25-2017, 02:49 PM

Payback for WW2

willtill
07-25-2017, 03:00 PM
It is a very technical bike; regarding the assembly of it. I think it's the most technical bike that I ever had; regarding the component builds.

BIGLRY
07-25-2017, 06:15 PM
It is a very technical bike; regarding the assembly of it. I think it's the most technical bike that I ever had; regarding the component builds.Yep, a big jigsaw puzzle that likes to be taken apart and put back together in a real specific way. Fortunately them meticulous disassembly and reassembly procedures are infrequently needed and one may go many years before invading the internals and more than one riding season before breaking into the Tupperware peripherals to access serviceable components.
:icon_rolleyes:
Hell..... just put in gas, check the tires and ride it until you need more!

taxfree4
07-25-2017, 07:36 PM
Yep, a big jigsaw puzzle that likes to be taken apart and put back together in a real specific way. Fortunately them meticulous disassembly and reassembly procedures are infrequently needed and one may go many years before invading the internals and more than one riding season before breaking into the Tupperware peripherals to access serviceable components.
:icon_rolleyes:
Hell..... just put in gas, check the tires and ride it until you need more!

If that ain't the Occam's razor of it I don't know what is

2wheelsforme
07-25-2017, 07:40 PM
"Occam's razor" Never had I heard that term before so had to look it up. Me more smarter now! :icon_biggrin:

BIGLRY
07-26-2017, 10:49 AM
If that ain't the Occam's razor of it I don't know what isHehe I have not heard that term used in years...good one Mike:yes:
"Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected."

BIGLRY
07-26-2017, 10:54 AM
"Occam's razor" Never had I heard that term before so had to look it up. Me more smarter now! :icon_biggrin:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fd/e6/f7/fde6f7ac6cc5eb86bb3516232f3f6ba4.jpg

shortleg0521
07-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Payback for WW2

You think you so smart because you win the the second world war!

Ewreck
07-26-2017, 07:52 PM
Hehe I have not heard that term used in years...good one Mike:yes:
"Among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected."

We all know what happens when you ass u me to much.

Ewreck
07-26-2017, 08:16 PM
You think you so smart because you win the the second world war!

If you look at our major cities and theirs, who won the war is very debatable.

willtill
07-27-2017, 08:14 AM
If you look at our major cities and theirs, who won the war is very debatable.

Interesting. Yes, we are going the way of Rome. Sadly :shhh:

olegoat345
07-27-2017, 02:54 PM
Do you think they make them so tecky, hard to take apart & out back together so you'll have to go to the dealer?
Guess they didn't think us Yanks weren't smart enough to do it. We fooled 'em there.
I will admit, it's tough to take apart at times.

taxfree4
07-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Hehe I have not heard that term used in years...good one Mike:yes:

You seem like a realist, like me...what is a realist?

An optimist sees the glass half full

A pessimist sees the glass as half empty

A realist sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.