PDA

View Full Version : BrakeAway Cruise Control

brickards
10-19-2013, 09:26 PM
http://youtu.be/NEUZTGzlXrgJust got the new Brake Away Cruise installed on my bike.

My local Honda dealer did the install. It took them about 45 minutes.

They were leary at first because they had some poor experience with this brand in the past, however as soon as they saw it they said it was much different then what they have seen in the past. Not sure if Brake Away redesigned but it works great and the dealer was impressed.

Push button engagement.
Push Lever Release OR hit the brake and it releases automatically.
You can adjust the throttle up or down when engaged.
It is 6061-T6 Aluminum and made in the USA.

The design looks clean and it is made specifically for the F6B.

Here are some pics. I will try to post a video to show how it works also.

4DI2D
10-19-2013, 10:23 PM
Is there any indication of how it works with aftermarket grips?

Mustangjake
10-20-2013, 06:55 AM
I like that will it work with heated grips ?

Scotrod
10-20-2013, 07:15 AM
I like that will it work with heated grips ?

Breakaway does not recommend you use their product with any heated grip.

Scotrod
10-20-2013, 07:19 AM

http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/faq.php

Green Hornet
10-20-2013, 06:59 PM
Got mine put on in Russellville, AR. Road back to So. Fl. Absolutely great

Steve 0080
10-20-2013, 07:08 PM
Nothing wrong with the Brakeaway !!!! Very nice unit...... not sure why it would not work on heated grips.... how would it know the grips are heated ??? Reminds me of my friend, Tom Tipton...

Scotrod
10-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Nothing wrong with the Brakeaway !!!! Very nice unit...... not sure why it would not work on heated grips.... how would it know the grips are heated ??? Reminds me of my friend, Tom Tipton...

Read all of my post and you will see what they are 'worried' about regarding heated grips. Sounds like a very slim probability, but 'legal' probably made 'em say it.

hiflyer
10-20-2013, 09:17 PM
I'm just enough of a "renegade" to try it with heated grips.:moon:

Scotrod
10-20-2013, 09:55 PM
I'm just enough of a "renegade" to try it with heated grips.:moon:

It does kind of sound like a 'one in a million' ~problem~. I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it!! LOL!

I installed one on a friends VTX. Took a while (days) to get his dialed in just right. It's a rather intricate device. If a person has never installed/adjusted one, don't accidently lose your instructions!! :icon_biggrin:

Steve 0080
10-20-2013, 11:30 PM
I will be the first to say the Brakeaway is a PITA, as far as adjustment...it is still the best made unit on the market. Scottrod, I hear ya on the wire...just don't see it as probable... anything is possible...

brickards
10-21-2013, 07:29 AM
I have heated grips and there are no interference issues. Not sure on the aftermarket grips.....as long as you can get it to slide over I would think it would work.

I saw a comment on it being a PITA to adjust. The Honda dealer had the same comment when I told him I wanted a brake away but when he got this version he said the install went well. The jury is out on if it needs adjustments to stay working correctly.

Scotrod
10-21-2013, 08:22 AM
. Scottrod, I hear ya on the wire...just don't see it as probable... anything is possible...

Ya have to remember, they are lumping all heated grips into the mix, incuding the retro-fit do-it-yourself kits where either the installer or heating element design may have left some extra cabling floppin in the breeze.

So, the rider blames Breakaway iso his grips/wiring,,, :banghead:

Steve 0080
10-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Brickyards...once the unit is set there is not need to re adjust unless you remove it for some reason... it is a very nice unit...

Hornblower
11-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Has anyone actually installed one of these on an F6B Deluxe with heated grips? I'm concerned about how this accessory will fit with the grip heater cable looking like it's in the way.

kjelders
11-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Has anyone actually installed one of these on an F6B Deluxe with heated grips? I'm concerned about how this accessory will fit with the grip heater cable looking like it's in the way.

hondabikepro (Dale), installed one on his bike with heated grips. I bought one as well, but I'm having Dale install mine.

rocket247
01-15-2014, 05:46 PM

Have fitted both and the brake away works fine with the Iso grips. It is easier to fit the brake away on the grip before fitting to the bike, you can fit with iso grips already fitted but really tight. Check Kuryakyn web site for you tube video on how to install.

Cheers Rocket :icon_lol::biggthumpup:

cpt_go
01-21-2016, 08:41 PM
Has anyone installed the BrakeAway CC with the Kuryakyn Wide levers PN # 7435 ? Just wondering if they work together.
I have both the Kuryakyn ISO Grips and Wide Levers.
Appreciate any input