PDA

View Full Version : RRR.......Russell Rump Relief

Walcrow
08-09-2017, 12:50 PM
Well now, what have we here?

http://i.imgur.com/tImv9Bx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oRSnMwO.jpg

Got the Russell yesterday and put her on last night. No miles yet. That should happen early Sunday am. But initial "impressions" are great with pressure points, if any, are out on the exterior bones, not in the middle tailbone area that comes with the stock seat. I did measure the Russell from the lower seat area to the top of the "wings". It was 1.25 inches. I'll have a measurement later on the height from the lower area to the ground tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/ldpfpkM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/R9ukZNM.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/1hMey4e.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/5vCHj3M.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ioMJnjI.jpg

Bighutch14
08-09-2017, 01:35 PM
Thats a nice looking seat. Congrats!

imported_NMRed
08-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Don't be surprised if Sunday night comes and your still not ready to head for the barn. RDL - best upgrade available."coffee"

taxfree4
08-10-2017, 05:58 AM
That is one sweet saddle, I can't believe you can actually wait till Sunday, I tip my hat to your self control.

Walcrow
08-10-2017, 07:46 AM
I concur but some of us haven't RETIRED!!! yet like some fortunate souls I know. I'll get out there soon and start breaking in that Russell when time allows. In the meantime, I have more "goodies" coming to add to the mix, and some of them are too large for the Amazon drones to drop off on the porch. You get 1 guess what's coming............

taxfree4
08-10-2017, 08:04 AM
I concur but some of us haven't RETIRED!!! yet like some fortunate souls I know. I'll get out there soon and start breaking in that Russell when time allows. In the meantime, I have more "goodies" coming to add to the mix, and some of them are too large for the Amazon drones to drop off on the porch. You get 1 guess what's coming............

I'm thinking Helibars

olegoat345
08-10-2017, 09:13 AM
Sunday evening, your butt will be smiling. After "break in" bigger smiles.

Walcrow
08-10-2017, 09:42 AM
It started to pucker up when I saw UPS drive up.........

Walcrow
08-10-2017, 09:43 AM
I'm thinking Helibars

OK, 2 guesses...............

soupbean
08-12-2017, 05:18 AM
WOW..! Thanks for posting pics, that is one very nice looking mount..!
I like the side bolstering & looks like the rear section of the drivers area is more upright and dished out in the tailbone area. I actually love the feel of the full Wing seat, this looks very similar. Definitely going to look into these!! Please follow up with after ride review, very interested in your thoughts & comparison from stock seat...

Walcrow
08-12-2017, 10:15 AM
Check out taxfree4's videos on YouTube. He has one on the Russell. He now has the happiest ass in Brooklyn.......just ask him. And let's not forget Drive Jehu on this forum. He has one also and took a small trip from Georgia to Alaska and back on his F6BX. I assume his is happy also. Mine is pleased and I haven't gone one mile on it yet until tomorrow morning.

seagravesg
09-06-2017, 08:37 AM
Great looking seat! In stalled one on a Victory Cross Country. Best upgrade EVER to any of my bikes. Question: did you have a driver backrest prior to the RDL? Or, did you have Russell build that in? If Russell, does it easily detach from seat? Any additional hardware needed for backrest?

New F6B 'lover'. Thanks, seagravesg

Walcrow
09-06-2017, 09:02 AM
I had Russell make the back rest for the seat. It comes complete with 2 knobs to control front to back and height of the rest. To remove it, you bring the rest forward as flat as possible and pull it out of the steel insert that is hidden in the back of the front seat and under the rear area. No screws or unlocking thingies to mess with. Might take one second to remove the rest and it will fit in the right saddlebag if you talk nice to it. It moved me back a bit over the stock seat so I'm now debating about which risers to install, if not the Helibars. At 5' 11" and 35" sleeve length, I was not sitting all the way back in the seat pocket. When I did, my arms were too straight. Might check out the MBL risers as their quality looks nicer than the Kuri risers. The seat MIGHT have moved me up one inch if that, but the comfort level over stock is night and day with pressure evenly spread out and no tailbone pressure AT ALL. The Russell....not cheap. Your butt.....deserves the best. Could not recommend it more.....11 out of 10 stars.

naga viper
09-06-2017, 10:32 AM
That is the best looking aftermarket seat I've seen.

Walcrow
09-06-2017, 10:41 AM
Analogy............this with custom foam made for your butt. It works great. Thousands sat on these 12-14 hours a day with nothing but steel under their butt. Worked for them.

https://i.imgur.com/azlJmLs.jpg

seagravesg
09-08-2017, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the good intel on the seat/backrest. I plan to get the exact same package as you have when I can do without seat for a while. Do you recall how long you waited for seat to return?

seagravesg

Walcrow
09-08-2017, 09:04 AM
Place the order first with your photos, options, etc. Don't send the seat. They will call or email you with the build date. Then box up the seat and get it there UPS so they have it for that build date. Figure 2 or 3 days to get your seat to Russell. When you place your order you will get the build date so you can ride up to a week before that date. My date was July 27th and the seat was delivered to me approximately 10 days later. They don't screw around with build dates and your seat better be there a few days ahead of time just to be safe. Call them now to get a build date which might be a month or more out from today. Once you place the order, your ass will know and start whining and screaming wanting to know when it's coming. If you have roids, they'll get worse.:yikes: If you have tailbone issues, they'll swell up on 'ya.:moon: The stock seat will begin to feel like a 2x6 you could frame your house with and you'll call Russell every hour to see if it's on the way. :banghead: ............finally it arrives UPS. You open the box and St. Russell has performed a miracle....all ailments have vanished as if they'd never happened. Your butt is now your best buddy and you're off into the sunset..........................Call 'em today!....your butt is a terrible thing to waste!!!!

P.S.....They will call you when it's ready to ship for your credit card info. Make sure it won't bounce or all bets are off.
P. P. S......The day of my build, I called and asked if I could have them put a seam in the front of the seat where the stock seat started having a wrinkle. They said "NO PROBLEM". Great customer service. See photos above for the wrinkle-free seam.

skippy1969
09-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Man,that is one beautiful seat!!

Verismo
09-09-2017, 06:15 AM
Looking forward to a full ride report!

Jason

CoCoKola
09-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Hopefully, after selling my home, I will have enough to order one and live for a while.

photodiver
09-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Looks just like mine. My seating area is leather, the sides are the fake stuff.
I told them to add 1" of foam to the passenger seat so if I threw a bag across there it wouldn't rub the rails. They added 2" and it works great.

Verismo
09-09-2017, 07:03 PM
Looks just like mine. My seating area is leather, the sides are the fake stuff.
I told them to add 1" of foam to the passenger seat so if I threw a bag across there it wouldn't rub the rails. They added 2" and it works great.

Do you have some pics? I'd love to see how the back seat looks raised!

Jason

Av8er
09-10-2017, 07:36 AM
That's a fine looking seat!! Always wanted one but I have a hard time justifying it every time I sit on my airhawk pad. Maybe one day!!!!

photodiver
09-10-2017, 04:36 PM
Do you have some pics? I'd love to see how the back seat looks raised!

Jason

I would if I could figure out how to do it.

P.Sutton
09-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Yeah, it sure would be nice to post pictures without a big runaround......

Just about lost all hope.