PDA

View Full Version : New Bike

cody13
08-11-2017, 07:51 AM
Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL

broncsrule21
08-11-2017, 08:49 AM
I prefer to ride alone or with my wife on the back. My family and friends that ride Harleys tend to slow me down. Not that I am speed racer, but I do keep a higher pace and stop less. We will be friends regardless, I just don't do their bar hopping rides very often.

opas ride
08-11-2017, 09:22 AM
Who else has jumped from the Harley world to the F6B......and how many friends did you lose? LOL

If one loses a friend because he rides a different bike than he, the friend is worth losing!!!..Most HD riders have their heads "stuck so far up their posterior" they would not know a good bike in the first place....Ride safe

wjduke
08-11-2017, 09:32 AM
I haven't owned an HD ever, and I laugh at each one that rides past me, even the ones that don't wave back....they're such badazzes with their scowl, noses in the air, snide remarks, etc....

speeddrive1
08-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Most of them are to cool to wave back so I have started flipping them the half peace sign.

53driver
08-11-2017, 10:20 AM

I did lose a few Harley "buddies", but that was mostly somewhere between second & third gear......

Seriously, I've got one of each....my true friends are still my true friends.
If someone is only friends with you because of what you ride to me that means that you are only there to reinforce their neglected self worth by virtue of owning a similar toy.
#notinthirdgradeanymore

Cheers,
Steve

53driver
08-11-2017, 10:22 AM
Most of them are to cool to wave back so I have started flipping them the half peace sign.

I wave at all of them. Regardless. If they are "too cool" then let 'em go hypothermic!

And, not for nothing, Florida, and many other states, are ticketing "half-peace signs" under "inciting road rage."
$500 fine in Florida.

Ride safe,
Steve

willtill
08-11-2017, 10:29 AM
I wave at all of them. Regardless. If they are "too cool" then let 'em go hypothermic!

And, not for nothing, Florida, and many other states, are ticketing "half-peace signs" under "inciting road rage."
$500 fine in Florida.

Ride safe,
Steve

But that's free speech! :shock:

:icon_lol:

Redlinez
08-11-2017, 12:52 PM
I ended up leaving my sportbike friends. We were riding at quite high speeds down back roads and I was really growing uncomfortable with it. I now really only ride with my wife and moved from the B to a full wing and love it! We did one group ride and the guy to my right front was so sketchy and constantly changing speed, so we won't be doing another. My wife was going nuts. Can't say it was fun for me either. We love doing weekend rides up in the NC mountains. Can't wait for cooler weather!

cody13
08-11-2017, 01:18 PM
Thanks for the input! Great! I did make the dive and will be picking up my new F6B in the morning. I started on a Honda at the ripe old age of 6, I'm now 59. Let's call it " back to my roots". I have always loved Honda but have been on HD for better than 13 years. I have always been the one that thought everyone's bike was cool. If it's a motorcycle, I'm good with it. I don't care who rides what but that's not the way a lot of people seem to see it. I am like a kid on Christmas Eve, can't wait for tomorrow when I pick her up. It really feels great to be back in the Honda family! Thanks again!

willtill
08-11-2017, 02:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy2WrI5rTYQ

:icon_mrgreen:

Greg O
08-11-2017, 05:01 PM
Ya, I did. It was fun acting like a pirate for 20 years. But the comfort of this bike was well worth it.

Blk6bgg6
08-11-2017, 06:48 PM
Got a friend rides harley with me brags on the batbike and don't care what anyone rides,even Pisces off the harley boys cause he appreciates all motorcycles..They for the most part only bike to them is harley.That clip Will till showed cracks me up,damn if they had helmets on though.

Sconrad07
08-11-2017, 07:07 PM
Sold my Electra-glide Classic Ultra Limited this April for the F6B and have never been happier. I think the only thing I miss are the floorboards / forward controls / foot position. Feet never hit the pavement while taking turns on the HD. Cant say the same for the F6B. (getting used to tucking them in when entering round-abouts) I definitely don't miss that feeling as if sitting on a gas grill during the summer months (and hoping not to get stuck in traffic on a hot summer day). Now I can enjoy the ride without the feeling of cooking from the nether region, on up. As for my Harley friends, friends are friends, and the respect level hasn't changed. I cant say the same for others. Seems that the ignorance runs rampant when I say I went from HD to Honda. Its strange the mad respect you get from strangers when you say that you own a HD. Without even know what kind or condition, they say WOW. I can only attribute that to the beauty of most Harleys and their fantastic marketing. that said, bye bye HD, Love Love Love my F6B.

chipmaker
08-12-2017, 06:15 AM
I left. but went back. Have 2 Harleys now...

sharkey
08-12-2017, 05:15 PM

Not so much jump shipped cuz I still have never owned a HD but I was seriously considering a RK before buying my 13 F6B. Cheaper price, better quality, more comfortable, were all reasons that led me to the F6B. I wanted a bagger having never owned one before and thought I could better fit in with a bagger at HD bike nights.

Most of my friends don't ride HD anyway and the last time I rolled up on the F6B to a bike night, a guy literally walked over and we had a 10min conversation about the F6B and I let him hop on my bike. Other than a hefty insurance bill, the F6B has been a wise choice. My other ride is a 14 VFR800 also with bags.

To be fair, I don't think I have met one stuck up HD rider at a bike night. Everyone has been very nice.

Mudflap
08-12-2017, 05:46 PM

Have owned 9 Harleys over the years, put about 200k on them. I do not like to ride in large groups, usually with a friend that i have known for 30 years, but i do not mind riding solo at all. To be blunt he was aghast after i bought my B a little over a year ago. We are still friends but there is a feeling that was not there before if you know what I mean. I researched the B for a year before I bought mine and the only gripe I have is the seat- it sucks. If I were younger it would be no big deal, but it is hard to put up big $ when you are retired. I still may but the way I look at it that $ will keep me on the road for a few days and at my age that is huge for me anyway. Want to thank Roy foe letting me get astride on his, still may go that route with Hartco. But that is the only gripe I have is the seat, just have to put up with it or lay out the $ for something more comfortable. I have never been one to care what someone is riding, to me if you are in the wind thats what matters. Now some HD wave at me and I wave back, some do not but I do not care, life is too short for that crap.

Xrider57
08-14-2017, 12:32 AM

I belong to SCRC Duck River 360 chapter. Half or more are on HD and the rest on Honda, Kawasaki and one Indian. Just a bunch of good people that appreciate all rides.

taxfree4
08-14-2017, 05:34 AM
I traded my 2013 Road Glide Custom in for my 2013 F6B although I still have the Sportster. As far as my weekend pirate acquaintances I have pity on them, can't we all just get along...eventually...when I ease off the throttle and let them catch up to me.

Ewreck
08-14-2017, 11:28 AM

I rode HD for over 25 years and just gave my Street Glide to my kid after I bought the Honda. If your losing friends over what kind of bike your ass is under its time to get new friends. Most riders can appreciate anything with a motor n two wheels. A majority of people who check it out like it, excluding my wife. She says it looks like a spaceship.

Jimmytee
08-14-2017, 12:30 PM
Heck ,most of the people I do ride the most often with are on HDs. Never been an issue. I'm in the CVMA and the predominant choice seems to be HD. I probably give them more sh×! than I get.:duck:

My most common riding buddy rides a 16 Ultra. He's a good rider, but sometimes he'll tell me to go on and not let him slow me down. I just wait for him before the next road change.

Xrider57
08-14-2017, 01:05 PM
I think some are that way because of low self esteem and they have to have everyone believe they have the best. They are always right as well. We ride because we like to and ride with others for the comradeship. I'm excited to show off my bike and excited for others when they get a new one . Brand doesn't matter, most of us just like motorcycles and we ride what we like and can afford. I happen to love my F6B and at my age it may be the last I own. It will probably outlast me. Just remember if they have a problem with you not riding an HD then it's their problem not yours.

Brewdog
08-14-2017, 06:19 PM
I jumped off the Harley train a couple years ago. I kept my Ultra Classic until last fall, then decided to sell it and recover some cash and bought a side by side.

Just wasn't impressed with the "baby steps" Harley was taking with engine performance and ride etc. Once I rode the F6B, I knew it was the bike for me.

I test drove the Milwaukee 8 in the RoadGlide model at a bike rally earlier this summer and it certainly was better than the HD bikes from a couple years ago, but still 35 HP behind the F6B. I never was a Full blown Goldwing guy, but I do like my "B."

As far as friends go, Harley riders put on a big front, they give the hand wave "V" pointed toward the ground (very cool), but once you pull in the parking lot, most won't even look at you, let alone have a conversation. It's like the "Screaming Eagle" thing, just a facade. Shallow and meaningless.

Old Ryder
08-17-2017, 07:27 AM
Actually I lost my Harley buddies when I went to Victory---not Honda. BTW, they owned Hondas before Harley and still respect them.

I also have a Springer sitting next to the Valkyrie.

Texas F6B
08-17-2017, 08:10 AM
Former Harley owner, I wear my black HD shirts and Willy Skull jackets as I ride my Honda F6B Goldwing. I enjoy my smooth ride.

Fingerz
08-17-2017, 08:23 PM
Congrats on the new ride. Enjoy it!

pap52
08-17-2017, 10:56 PM
Traded my Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 for a brand new leftover 2015 F6B Deluxe in May. Wanted one more new bike before I get too old. Thought about a Road Glide until I test drove the f6b. I rented a Harley Street Glide in Florida last winter for a week. Not even close to the comfort and performance of the f6b, not to mention being roasted. My Harley buddies were always kind of embarrassed to be with me on the Kawasaki. They don't know what to think about the f6b, one of them called it a crotch rocket. I could care less, I love this bike and kinda enjoy their discomfort.😁 Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

wantone
08-18-2017, 12:06 AM
With me it was other way around. I totaled my F6b and wanted touring bike with reverse. Street glide had after market reverse, took it for a test ride and liked the way it fit me. I bought 13 bikes in 4 yrs, trying to find the one that fit me. I'm short :banghead:

Bought my street glide in May 2016. As of now it has 19,000 miles on it. Have been cross country two times on it. Will be ridding to Death Valley in October, that will be 2500 mile trip. And next year I'll be going to Alaska and across Canada.

If anyone asks my recommendation for a bike , I always tell them to look at F6b first. The new Beamer is good too, with no top luggage and reverse. For now I'm having fun riding my two wheels.

Zteve
08-20-2017, 11:07 AM
I thought the new 107 motor and other improvements might be the ticket to a Harley this year so I test drove a RK and a SG. Couldn't tell much difference from previous years. I would love to buy an American bike but there are so few choices (even less now that Victory went under). Unlike cars. All of my other vehicles are American which makes me feel mostly patriotic.:icon_smflag: It's kind of ironic whenever I see a foreign vehicle pulling a Harley. Can't wait to see what Honda has in store for the 2018 Goldwing!