PDA

View Full Version : New F6B Owner in Augusta GA,

Johnny-B
10-20-2013, 06:52 AM
I just recently traded my 09 Concours and 12 Vaquero for a standard black F6B and love it, thought I was stuck waiting to hit 50+ for another wing as I had a 03 Candy Red Gl1800 in my late 30's and didn't fit with wing crowd, Glad this came about at right time, now 46 with 15 screws in spine and very pleased to have this bike, already took advantage of Baggershield deal, now I must find a backrest for the wife real soon, Was nice talking to Mod and glad he called to verify that wasn't some spam/hacker to get into forum, I have not seen any other ones in area just yet, looking forward to learning all I can from this site!

MichaelG
10-20-2013, 07:16 AM
Johnny B, let me be the first to welcome you to the F6B forum and family. There is a lot of great information on this forum.
Given the issues with your back, if you decide to change your stock seat into something from the selection of aftermarket seats available, I would politely suggest a Russell Day-Long saddle. While there are a couple seat makers that are officially sponsors of our forum, and Russell is not a sponsor yet...Russell is the only one that makes a seat that has an internal suspension system, and that works very good for riders that have bad backs, compressed discs, fuzed discs, degenerative discs, or surgical implants. I will be happy to provide more info via a PM if you are interested.

Welcome...enjoy...and have fun with your new bike :icon_cool:

F6B-RICH
10-20-2013, 08:03 AM
:create.php: and :congrats: on your new toy

HogSlayer
10-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum and congrats on buying one hell of a bike! Some people have put Rush exhaust on their F6's including myself, I was out on the Rush site recently and saw this seat
http://rushracingproducts.com/cyclepedic.htm
Might be worth checkinout, it didn't say what bikes they make them for. I noticed in your avatar pic that your bike has the Kuryakyn front wheel led lights installed but it looks like they were on but the mirror lights were not, maybe its just the angle of the pic. If the wheel lights are connected correctly the mirror lights should be on as well.

bigdew
10-20-2013, 09:27 AM
Welcome and congrats on your new F6B you will love every minute of it.

bobbyf6b
10-20-2013, 09:53 AM
Welcome, from Arizona.

Paul B Blues
10-20-2013, 09:53 AM
:create.php::congrats:

MichaelG
10-20-2013, 12:24 PM
I noticed in your avatar pic that your bike has the Kuryakyn front wheel led lights installed but it looks like they were on but the mirror lights were not, maybe its just the angle of the pic. If the wheel lights are connected correctly the mirror lights should be on as well.

HogSlayer, I believe that what occured was the flash from the camera reflected off the front fender reflector, causing it to look like it was one of the lighted Kuryakyn markers. I have those lighted markers...sitting on my bench...and when I get my bike back from the dealer I will install them.:shhh:

Cool Hand Luke
10-20-2013, 04:12 PM
Hi and Welcome!

If you'd like to get together and ride sometime, I am in Aiken! Just returned from Biketoberfest an hour ago. Here are my pictures:

contek
10-20-2013, 04:31 PM
You should have gotten a red one. Everyone knows they are faster.
Oh well, you'll love the black one anyway!:icon_razz:

Steve 0080
10-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Welcome to the board !!!!! For now you will be regulated to buying a Honda Backrest, or at least I do not know of a after market backrest for the pillion....

Darkknight
10-21-2013, 04:14 AM
Welcome to the family... get ready to answer lots of questions at gas stations and restaurants, even stop light. It's all part of the fun.
If you venture into the North East let me know.

Big Dawg
10-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Welcome from Savannah!

Mustangjake
10-21-2013, 03:19 PM
welcome to the forum.
I have extra passenger backrest.

Johnny-B
10-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Thanks Alot! I really appreciate the welcomes and links, and sent pm about backrest, I bought this bike from Marsha in Aiken, will get with you soon to get a ride at least up to Lexington flea market and cycle gear, can call/text anytime 706 833-7five7eight if in the area, if tools or garage needed just let me know anytime!

Cool Hand Luke
10-21-2013, 06:47 PM
Awesome! I know Marsha well! I was at Aiken Motocycles about a week ago, they had a ride and a bike show. I rode my HD VRSCF and won third place for it! I also had them install Cobra pipes and center stand. Maybe we can ride to Cyclegear in Columbia this Saturday? I will PM you my info.

Bama Bagger
10-22-2013, 01:24 AM
Welcome from another new F6B Rider...just got mine last Friday and already have over 350 miles on the speedo! Loving every mile I ride on this wonderful machine!!! :clap2:

BLACKBETTY12
10-23-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks Alot! I really appreciate the welcomes and links, and sent pm about backrest, I bought this bike from Marsha in Aiken, will get with you soon to get a ride at least up to Lexington flea market and cycle gear, can call/text anytime 706 833-7five7eight if in the area, if tools or garage needed just let me know anytime!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike! I'm in Lexington, SC and would love to see/ride with other F6B's.
Jerry 803-513-7157

jkelley
10-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Welcome, looks like we are loading up in the South East.

And just to be VERY clear, everyone knows the black ones are way faster, handle better, and look the best!