PDA

View Full Version : EZ Pass Mounting

crossbowme
08-12-2017, 12:45 PM
On my Goldwing I had mounted it permanently under the trunk lid. Anybody have any sure-to-work mounting places?

ReserveBum
08-12-2017, 12:53 PM
if you have a Madstad....on the bottom side of the lower piece

shortleg0521
08-12-2017, 01:24 PM
On my Goldwing I had mounted it permanently under the trunk lid. Anybody have any sure-to-work mounting places?

If as you say it worked under the trunk lid, try putting it under the fairing some place.
I know the XM radio Antena works in that location.

wjduke
08-12-2017, 01:51 PM
I placed the Velcro like pieces on the center of my shield as low as I could. I keep it in the center storage pocket. I thought about and heard of others that keep it hidden, but, I have a drawback to that. The state of RI has a rule that it has to be placed properly in view, in areas they approve. They charge extra if not.

Delta
08-12-2017, 02:53 PM
I would think that if you have the pass where the state of Mass wants it, RI can pound sand.

wjduke
08-12-2017, 03:34 PM
I would think that if you have the pass where the state of Mass wants it, RI can pound sand.

Good point Delta, but I have the Velcro's in place, so might as well leave it. Of course, there's one toll in RI and it's the Newport Bridge 20 miles from me. I'll blame Maz. Now that we ride together, I use it a lot lol.

fast eddie
08-13-2017, 05:18 PM
I keep mine in my vest/jacket pocket. Originally from NY it works thru the toll booths don't have to worry about falling off or getting stolen. Works for me

Texas F6B
08-14-2017, 11:12 AM
I told to bag it or pocket it, so I just threw in the bag. The auto is a different type tag. Just sayin'.