PDA

View Full Version : Another new owner

Hoff
08-13-2017, 11:11 AM
I've been riding Honda's close to half my life. Just upgraded yesterday from a 2007 VTX 1300R to a 2016 F6B in Matte White. The deal was WAY too good to pass up. Was on the showroom floor, used, with 242 miles on it and priced at 15,999. How could I not?

So I'm the proud owner of this beautiful bike and looking for tips, tricks, upgrades, and of course the camaraderie of the Honda folks I've known and loved for over 20 years.

Glad to be hear and I look forward to learning from you more experienced with these bikes.

crossbowme
08-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Welcome aboard! I had a choice between a '16 gray one or white one. Chose the gray one because sometimes I'm to lazy to wash the bike.

cody13
08-13-2017, 02:38 PM
I got mine saturday! Traded my Harley in on it. Love it!

Walcrow
08-13-2017, 02:46 PM
I've been riding Honda's close to half my life. Just upgraded yesterday from a 2007 VTX 1300R to a 2016 F6B in Matte White. The deal was WAY too good to pass up. Was on the showroom floor, used, with 242 miles on it and priced at 15,999. How could I not?

So I'm the proud owner of this beautiful bike and looking for tips, tricks, upgrades, and of course the camaraderie of the Honda folks I've known and loved for over 20 years.

Glad to be hear and I look forward to learning from you more experienced with these bikes.

Since you got such a good deal, now you can spend thousands on juicy accessories :yes:

53driver
08-13-2017, 07:49 PM

Hoff,
Get with member Ixol Phaane from Glendale. He's coming to the Rally.
Y'all can ride together!

Cheers,
Steve

Fingerz
08-13-2017, 08:36 PM
Congrats on the new bike. Awesome deal too! I have a matte pearl white and love the color and the bike.

Brasco
08-13-2017, 10:05 PM
Welcome aboard, Hoff. I came from an '05 VTX 1300R -- you are gonna love the B! Have tons of fun and enjoy the great advice and tips this forum provides!

Hoff
08-14-2017, 10:32 PM
Thanks all. As for the rally, probably unlikely. Just spent all my cash! lol

So far it's been a fantastic bike. The previous owner (I hate to call him that, he only had it for 242 miles, sheesh) put an aftermarket windshield on it. I like the windshield, but am curious if they can be adjusted at all. If so, just stick a link in here to a how to section.

I did 90% of the wrenching on my VTX, so I'm not afraid to work on the bike.

jmdaniel
08-15-2017, 07:43 AM
Thanks all. As for the rally, probably unlikely. Just spent all my cash! lol

So far it's been a fantastic bike. The previous owner (I hate to call him that, he only had it for 242 miles, sheesh) put an aftermarket windshield on it. I like the windshield, but am curious if they can be adjusted at all. If so, just stick a link in here to a how to section.

I did 90% of the wrenching on my VTX, so I'm not afraid to work on the bike.

I have a white '16 myself, and also had a VTX 1300, the first model year of '03. Big difference between a V-Twin and the 6, which you are finding out. I use Dr. Beasley's to keep the matte finish looking good.

GaTeach
08-15-2017, 07:50 AM
best bike ever

Welcome!!!

terryboyle
08-15-2017, 03:57 PM
And seriously you saved a ton of money on the buy. Good for you!

PS. There is no up/down adjustment on the screens.

Ixol Phaane
08-15-2017, 06:11 PM
Hoff,
Get with member Ixol Phaane from Glendale. He's coming to the Rally.
Y'all can ride together!

Cheers,
Steve

Hell yeah!

Hoff, I came off an '03 VTX1300S. It was a nice bike... loved it. But the F6B destroys that machine, and most others. GaTeach calls it the best bike ever... I agree.

So, I'm leaving Phoenix for the F6B rally in Pigeon Forge, TN on 8/27 or 28. I'm planning to make a run at an Iron Butt certificate along the way. If you're interested in being my wingman let me know. It's always nice to have company.

Steve, I look forward to riding w you and Isleen again. Will see you in a couple weeks. 😃

Ride safe!

53driver
08-15-2017, 06:27 PM
....Steve, I look forward to riding w you and Isleen again. Will see you in a couple weeks. 😃

Ride safe!

Looking forward to it, my friend! 2 weeks & a day!
Cheers,
Steve

Hoff
08-15-2017, 08:30 PM
Hell yeah!

Hoff, I came off an '03 VTX1300S. It was a nice bike... loved it. But the F6B destroys that machine, and most others. GaTeach calls it the best bike ever... I agree.

So, I'm leaving Phoenix for the F6B rally in Pigeon Forge, TN on 8/27 or 28. I'm planning to make a run at an Iron Butt certificate along the way. If you're interested in being my wingman let me know. It's always nice to have company.

Steve, I look forward to riding w you and Isleen again. Will see you in a couple weeks. 😃

Ride safe!

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not going to make a ride like that this year. Not after just buying it. MAYBE next year, who knows.

And yeah, I remember when I picked up my new 07 VTX 1300R. Was great. This thing just blows it away. I can't believe the handling difference. Absolutely no effort. No over lean, no under, it just want to take the corners like it should. Always owned Honda's, and I LOVE the V-Twin, but this bike is phenomenal.