PDA

View Full Version : Sena 20S adhesive helmet mount

willtill
08-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Anyone using that adhesive mount plate for the Sena 20S? My F/F Bell brain bucket is giving me great challenges with using the normal compression plate mount.

The Sena 20S adhesive plate uses 3M double sided tape.. though it looks thinner than what I normally use for other accessories.

Anyone lost a Sena 20S due to the adhesive plate failing? Or will it stand the test of time and wind velocity?

Winston
08-23-2017, 02:04 PM
After the second plate came off my schuberth c3 pro, I finally fixed it with 2 component glue

willtill
08-23-2017, 03:18 PM
After the second plate came off my schuberth c3 pro, I finally fixed it with 2 component glue

So you used an epoxy? :icon_lol: I may do they very same thing. Contemplating...

I do have some extra 3M double sided tape pads that came with my Ion camera's mounts. They adhere phenomenally well... haven't lost a camera yet :shhh:

I think I will remove what Sena applied on the plate and try use the Ion 3M adhesive pads instead.

I would guess that the headphone and mike leads would act as some sort of temporary tether... in case the plate adhesion did fail on the side of the helmet... hopefully giving me enough time to grab the Sena before it blows off for good.

Jimmytee
08-23-2017, 03:57 PM
I didn't have great luck with the double sided tape for the Senas. I did use some black RTV sealant as an adhesive . Just have to let it cure over night. Worked well. Nice thing about the RTV sealant or silicone, it is removable.

willtill
08-23-2017, 05:00 PM
I didn't have great luck with the double sided tape for the Senas. I did use some black RTV sealant as an adhesive . Just have to let it cure over night. Worked well. Nice thing about the RTV sealant or silicone, it is removable.

Thanks JimmyTee... that's a good idea as well!

Jimmytee
08-23-2017, 05:36 PM
Thanks JimmyTee... that's a good idea as well!

I've used it in a few situations where I wasn't sure I wanted to commit to an epoxy. I said overnight, but I would make it a full 24 hours.

willtill
08-23-2017, 06:10 PM
10-4

Switchmonkey
08-30-2017, 04:34 PM
I went with a 3m two-sided tape. Not the stuff suppled by Sena. Works like a charm for a couple years now. Also depends on the amount of wind you take in the face while riding. A have a Madstad shield and get nothing.