PDA

View Full Version : I'm at an impasse.......

wishey1
10-21-2013, 08:37 PM
I'm new to the board, but I wanted you guys input (anything, at all, no really, anything). To buy
the F6B or not to buy, that is the question and, it's become an excruciatingly painful decision.

Two weeks ago it was a definite yes! Monday a week ago I made the deal, but I wasn't able to
get the money until today. The past few days I have gone from red hot to very warm. Some of
the thoughts I've been having lately- am I crazy to give up my Bergman 650, to- its too heavy
to its too much money etc etc.

I wonder about the riding position. I really like the aggressive position of the Bergman (this
is my third) and other bikes, like the BMW GS and the RT you sit tall, mainly I wonder if folks
are going to be able to SEE ME on the F6. I loved my mean streak but traded it because of
the laid back position, I didn't feel as on top of any trouble like I do with the sit upright
slightly forward position. I had more people pull out in front of me with that bike than any others.
The F6 doesn't seem as visible to me, is this a valid assumption? Do you feel highly visible,
or somewhat visible? These are things I just don't know.

Then I think back to the Gold Wings I've had and that smooth power and good handling. This
F6 is a bike that corrected some weight issues. Here in Hot Springs we have a lot of old streets
on these hills and if you come up to an intersection you better turn into it before you stop,
because one foot might be 6-8 inches higher than the other. But the F6 is still really heavy.......

I do know from experience that a bike can feel totally different 6 mths. after you get it depending
on what you just came off of before you bought. I trading in an '07 Wing for a new st1300.
When I first got on it, it felt like a toy. Six or eight mths later I said while moving it "Gawd
this pig is heavy"....last week the F6 felt great, fri. I sat on one at another shop and it felt
HUGE........

I must trade the scooter to make the money work out but I love it, clear view tinted and vented
Corbin seat with white cord to match the bike. Only 6k.

Many pros and doubts going on is making my head feel like a Ping pong ball in a Chinese tourney!

Anyway, thank you for reading and thanks for this great board....

...thoughts on any of this or other thoughts?

w

Mrf13
10-21-2013, 08:56 PM
I will be in Hot Springs Wednesday nite on my F6B. Your welcome to come eat supper and discuss it.

wishey1
10-21-2013, 09:30 PM
...haha, sounds great, going to Branson tomorrow but should be back.....do you know
where you will be, what restaurant...?

Mrf13
10-21-2013, 09:33 PM
Probably staying at the Baymont.
Not sure what's for supper. Thinking the Wharf and some Scoops as a closer.
Headed to Mountain Home Thursday morning.

wishey1
10-21-2013, 09:37 PM
...that's 7 so. I believe, I'm in the Village. Wharfs great, I like it. If I'm back
I'll defiantly be there.....I'll pm you my cell when I figure out how.

Mrf13
10-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Sounds good

1951vbs
10-21-2013, 09:51 PM
I'm new to the board, but I wanted you guys input (anything, at all, no really, anything). To buy
the F6B or not to buy, that is the question and, it's become an excruciatingly painful decision.

Two weeks ago it was a definite yes! Monday a week ago I made the deal, but I wasn't able to
get the money until today. The past few days I have gone from red hot to very warm. Some of
the thoughts I've been having lately- am I crazy to give up my Bergman 650, to- its too heavy
to its too much money etc etc.

I wonder about the riding position. I really like the aggressive position of the Bergman (this
is my third) and other bikes, like the BMW GS and the RT you sit tall, mainly I wonder if folks
are going to be able to SEE ME on the F6. I loved my mean streak but traded it because of
the laid back position, I didn't feel as on top of any trouble like I do with the sit upright
slightly forward position. I had more people pull out in front of me with that bike than any others.
The F6 doesn't seem as visible to me, is this a valid assumption? Do you feel highly visible,
or somewhat visible? These are things I just don't know.

Then I think back to the Gold Wings I've had and that smooth power and good handling. This
F6 is a bike that corrected some weight issues. Here in Hot Springs we have a lot of old streets
on these hills and if you come up to an intersection you better turn into it before you stop,
because one foot might be 6-8 inches higher than the other. But the F6 is still really heavy.......

I do know from experience that a bike can feel totally different 6 mths. after you get it depending
on what you just came off of before you bought. I trading in an '07 Wing for a new st1300.
When I first got on it, it felt like a toy. Six or eight mths later I said while moving it "Gawd
this pig is heavy"....last week the F6 felt great, fri. I sat on one at another shop and it felt
HUGE........

I must trade the scooter to make the money work out but I love it, clear view tinted and vented
Corbin seat with white cord to match the bike. Only 6k.

Many pros and doubts going on is making my head feel like a Ping pong ball in a Chinese tourney!

Anyway, thank you for reading and thanks for this great board....

...thoughts on any of this or other thoughts?

w

The F6B is the lightest, best balanced big bike I have ever owned. Even moving it around it feels lighter than its size because of the low center of gravity. Very much like my ST1300 or K1200GT. Not even close to Electra-Glide or Victory Vision bulk. I commute every day and visability has not been a problem. Also it is not how much but how much per month! Hope this helps.

fsixb_AZ
10-21-2013, 10:08 PM
I just returned from a prolonged gas run:icon_mrgreen: This time of year in Phoenix is awesome, back to the post...This is the BEST street bike I've ever owned. Period. My last big cruiser was a 2009 Yamaha Venture, that was big, that was heavy and running two up on that thing was darn right scary in slow traffic, mind you I have not yet ran with a passenger on board the F6B but I'm sure it'll be just fine......erase any "doubts" and lay down the benjamins.

gray rider
10-21-2013, 10:18 PM
This is a tough one. I was heavily into Suzuki for years with Busa's, DRZ400SM, B-King and 650 Executive. I currently still own the B-King which is on my all time favorites list. My reason for divesting myself of most things Suzuki came when my trusted local dealer went out of business in late 2011. This is, of course, very different from your decision making pathway. A few of my observations are:

B'Man Executive has ABS. F6B, not available.
B'Man is automatic. F6B, shift, shift, shift---
B'Man, short seating position. F6B more legroom with potential for extended peg position.
B'Man, adequate power. F6B, enough power for all but the most jaded, like me.
B'Man, short rear tire life. F6B, at least 2-3 times the rear tire mileage before replacement.
B'Man, limited luggage space. F6B, much more real and potential luggage capacity. Trailer?
B'Man, 55-60+ MPG. F6B, I get 42 MPG which seems to be the magic number.
B'Man, quick handling. F6B, heavier handling but will do whatever your nerve allows.
B'Man, heavy to roll around. F6B, I find it easier than the Burgman to move around my shop.

Miles, if you read this, please add your nickels worth input on this as I know you also have extensive knowledge and experience with the big Burgman.

bobbyf6b
10-21-2013, 10:46 PM
No offense, I've owned scooters too, but the Burg is a scooter and the F6B is not. Apples and oranges to me.

Talking about visibility, I have never felt more visible than I do on the F6B! Everyday I notice people about to pull out but stopping when they see me coming. The dual headlights and bright full time signal lights up high in the mirrors are great for being seen. This is the only reason I haven't changed out the signal lights to tinted or clear, I want to be seen! Also, I can't tell you how many times cars see me coming up behind them on the freeway and they actually get out of my way, probably thinking I could be a cop. The Wing looks similar to the ST that alot of cops ride in Phoenix. Cars actually move over as I'm coming up behind them and move back over behind me after I pass. I never got that while riding my HDs. I just smile as I go by.

Not having ABS doesn't bother me, the brakes are linked and it stops extremely well. The smooth power of the engine has no rival. I already have mine so if I was you, I would get the F6B asap. :biggthumpup:

MichaelG
10-21-2013, 11:18 PM
Miles, if you read this, please add your nickels worth input on this as I know you also have extensive knowledge and experience with the big Burgman.

First, I have to agree with almost everything that Bobby said. He hit a lot of the key notes in that tune. The F6B is a very visible bike, and if you have any doubts, add the lower cowling lights like most of us have done. Some of us have added the EC Single Shooter lights, with Yellow Lens, as the purpose of that light is to force car drivers to SEE you, rather than using the light to light up the road...which is what the 960 Dual LEDs are for.

Yes, I too had a Burgman 650, and loved it. Mine was actually converted to a ST-650...half the engine but twice the heart of an ST-1300. And while technically the Burgman 650 is a scooter, it is more of a motorcycle than 93.14159 % of the scooters out there. A Burgman 650 can run at speed with an F6B all day long. But, alas...I did sell my Burgman 650, because...and very specifically because...the F6B satisfied all the needs that the Burgman 650 was bought for.

After 43 years of riding, and...unmentionable miles...(see...I din't mention them)...I can say that the F6B is the best bike I have ever owned, and one that I plan to keep for a long time...and many unmentionable miles :icon_rolleyes:

And, the word is...it is going to be a one year bike, meaning...there will not be a 2014 model year of the 2014 :shhh:(rumor):moon:, so you better buy one now before they are all gone.

Seriously, I know how good a Burgman 650 can be...but the F6B is so WAY much better.

kjelders
10-22-2013, 10:44 AM
Others have already mention some key points regarding the F6B. I'll only add that of all the Wings, Harley's, and other Honda's I have owned in my 35+ years of riding, the F6B is by far the best bike I have ever ridden. I have no plans at all to ever sell this one.

opas ride
10-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Although I have only had my F6B for a very short while, It is without a doubt the one I like the best of my past 14 bikes...Hondas, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Victory and HD...I love everything about it so far and am looking forward to installing the lower Mustang seat next spring and riding into the future......I think you are comparing Apples with Oranges...The F6B is NO scooter.....Good Luck on your decision, but it would be a no-brainer for me......

Westernbiker
10-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Now I have not owned many street bikes and there is a reason for that. I found what was the best bike for me many many years ago and I stuck with it. It was the Honda Valkyrie and three Valkyries later, I still have one, BUT! When I saw the F6B at bike week here in Phoenix earlier this year I thought, now there is the bike that could stand beside, but NOT replace, my Valkyrie. I bought it and I was right. I will tell you that the Valkyrie does everything very well, it was cruiser for the decade for a darn good reason, BUT! The F6B will run circles around a Valk and I would guess by everyones reaction to this bike, it will runs circles around alott of bikes that are out there. The F6B is in my garage for a very long time and shares it with my beloved Valk! :icon_mrgreen:

unsub
10-22-2013, 12:20 PM
No offense, I've owned scooters too, but the Burg is a scooter and the F6B is not. Apples and oranges to me.

None taken Bobbyf6b, but the Burgman is a motorcycle, as it states on the VIN plate. :icon_wink: Just a lot of body panels. But you are right to compare the two is apples to oranges.

For the OP I'm trying to visualize what to compare the F6 to, but I can't come up with anything that I've ever owned! I could only describe it as a sport Goldwing. GL1800ST :icon_biggrin:

CoCoKola
10-22-2013, 01:30 PM
Talking about visibility, I have never felt more visible than I do on the F6B! Everyday I notice people about to pull out but stopping when they see me coming. The dual headlights and bright full time signal lights up high in the mirrors are great for being seen. This is the only reason I haven't changed out the signal lights to tinted or clear, I want to be seen! Also, I can't tell you how many times cars see me coming up behind them on the freeway and they actually get out of my way, probably thinking I could be a cop. The Wing looks similar to the ST that alot of cops ride in Phoenix. Cars actually move over as I'm coming up behind them and move back over behind me after I pass. I never got that while riding my HDs. I just smile as I go by. :biggthumpup:

This is my first bike, but I have to agree. I bought the F6B thinking I needed to add lights to be seen, but frankly, have found it to not be an issue. I constantly see people start to do a lane change and they stop, so apparently they are seeing my headlights on the highway. I also have people moving out of the lane for me as well - something that doesn't happen much in Missouri. I also suspect they think I am an officer.. Either way, contrary to what I thought, I can be seen pretty well. The stock hi beams on the stock are very bright; whenever I get into a situation where there is a lot of traffic / impatience / a lot going on, I flip on my brights as an added precaution.

I don't have other experience to compare it to, but I can also say I can see things just fine and I am blown away how nimble the F6B is.

timjoebob
10-23-2013, 11:04 AM
I may be in the minority here, but I'm not gonna be a salesman.

It sounds like you REALLY love your Burgman. You've got her just the way you want her. If you trade her, you'll have to resign yourself to getting the F6B just the way you want her, too. She probably won't be perfect for you right out of the crate. You'll have to tweak her for comfort.

As far as riding position, compared to the Wing, she sits a hair lower and a hair further back in the seat. But I think the Wing's and F6B's riding position is neutral - neither aggressive nor laid back. And as far as visibility, the bike is big... you'll be seen, although some of that depends on you (lighting, hi-viz, etc).

My question for you is: What made you want the F6B in the first place? Or maybe more to the point: What is making you want to trade the Burgman?

If you really examine your answer to those questions, I think you'll find your answer to your impasse.

wishey1
10-23-2013, 07:00 PM
THANKS TJB AND ALL...!!!

Youse guys must remember that I went to high school in Arkansas. I've read
every response about 10 times! Really good comments all of them, different each
and all with a true unique point of view....OK I'm in awe here, I'll admit it!!

I wish you had "where you live" by your names like I do, so I would know where you were.
My best vacations ever were riding to Alaska on the back roads ona GS, with my best bud with
our tents.....
...taking my wife on a car tour from Glacier NP to Baniff to Jasper BC and back to Glacier.....
It's the first time ever for 100 miles she never said a word......
and our 30 day trip to Italy and 10 days in Berlin visiting our exchange "son" from 25 years ago......

I really got bummed on Gold Wings when I bought my last one a used one, a 2006 or 08 I think.
Everything was great until I came off the freeway and at about 35 mph it started to shake and
I really thought it was coming apart.....if only I'd been carrying a Martini...!!

My Berg is beyond perfect for everything I want to do but the longer trip calls to me again and
even though the Big Berg can ride me to Callie and back, the feel of the SIX again is becoming
too much to resist. If only I could keep both. Is begging the wifey beneath us..?

Ok, let me ax...do you like the orange one at RH on e-bay, do you like the dark windshield,
better or the high Honda clear one better?......how important is heated grps, or the backrest.....

This are the things that make one go stark raving mad.......

Best,

w

Btw, did you like the way I started with "youse guys"......just wondering?

timjoebob
10-23-2013, 08:32 PM
Ok, let me ax...do you like the orange one at RH on e-bay, do you like the dark windshield,
better or the high Honda clear one better?......how important is heated grps, or the backrest.....

This are the things that make one go stark raving mad.

One of the reasons I bought mine from Honda of Russellville was the fact that there seems to be a problem with the stock paint having little or no clearcoat and the paint coming off in rags during a wax job. You can do some reading here on that (you probably already have). Their prices are competitive, too. I flew into Little Rock, they picked me up, and I rode it home to VA.

I came from a Goldwing and liked the regular sized windshield with the vent (which they will do for you, but the Baggershield convertible shield I like A LOT. It provides options: lower when you need more air, or flip the clear inner shield over to give a height of 19" for more wind protection. Check out their website: Baggershield.com.

If you've got more questions, keep asking... we'll try to give impartial (and not so impartial) answers.

wishey1
10-23-2013, 09:06 PM
Ok, so you flew in to LR, and they drove you to meet your bike, man that is so cool.......

TJB, so, how was the ride home, I need more.....

timjoebob
10-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Ok, so you flew in to LR, and they drove you to meet your bike, man that is so cool.......

TJB, so, how was the ride home, I need more.....

I packed light. I had everything I needed, including gps and raingear packed into my Saddleman rolling bag that's perfect for trips like this. It rolls but also straps onto the passenger pillion. I carried my helmet and mesh jacket on my flight.

I had a Corbin seat installed by HofR because I wanted to be moved slightly forward and absolutely needed a rider backrest. That was installed, along with the luggage rack, MBL Risers, and Kury Iso Grips (which I was used to [don't like the skinny stock grips]. When I got there, I strapped my Saddleman luggage on the pillion and installed a Throttlerocker and a ThrottleLock.

The first day sucked. I got to HofR at 12:30 and it took me about 2.5 hours to get out of there... they took their sweet time with the paperwork, and they incorrectly installed the luggage rack, wedging a spacer in between the paint and the rack, scratching the paint. Since then, they have shipped me a small amount of paint for touch-up.

Anyway, it was 95 degrees, I was aggravated by getting out of there so late and having the paint chipped, and I couldn't get the ThrottleLock set quite right. I was pretty uncomfortable that first day riding to Memphis, where I stayed the night.

The second day, I got the backrest properly positioned and the ThrottleLock set properly and rode north up to The Land Between the Lakes (TN-KY). That's a pretty area and there was very little traffic. From there, I rode to Bowling Green, trying to dodge rain showers. For the most part, I was able to. The entire day, it was overcast, so the temperature was lower and I really was finally comfortable... a good day for sure.

Day 3: I headed to Mammouth Cave and it was a truly beautiful short ride into the park from Bowling Green. I spent about 3 hours at this national park and then headed southeast and spent the night at Barbourville, KY.

The next day I rode home, going through the Cumberland Gap on a foggy morning, and working my way north, trying to avoid I-81 as long as possible. It was great weather and the bike ran great and was comfortable, although the Corbin seat showed itself: because it's leather, it doesn't allow your rear end to breathe, and your rear gets hot. It takes awhile to break in a Corbin and it's more comfortable now than in was during the first 1014 miles of my bike's life.

Photos: https://www.facebook.com/tim.harrison.988/media_set?set=a.10201084258821453.1073741830.16180 34237&type=3

I had this route pre-planned, hotels reserved (that's the way I like to travel), and my gps ready for it all. It was a great adventure and my only long trip of 2013. I take one per year and this was the only way I was gonna get one this year: sell my Wing and fly to Russellville. 2014: Glacier and Yellowstone, Lord willin.

Speaking of the Corbin: I was so dissatisfied with it, that I bought a stock seat and shipped it to Russell Day Long for them to build me a seat. It's supposed to arrive at my house on Monday.

Stay tuned.

wishey1
10-23-2013, 11:19 PM
I just LMAO, great story for sure.....we need a 'great story' thread...

Dude, that ride to Glacier, keep me informed, I've been there but on a bike
would be epic......

From Glacier, to Baniff to Jasper, I would be all in...I'm in love with Jasper BC....

timjoebob
10-24-2013, 08:37 AM
Wishey, I haven't been to BC. I'd love to go to Banff, but it would add another 3-4 days to the trip, which is already 18 days. 18 days is about the max for my wife to stay at home by herself. I can't blame her. She doesn't ride on long trips with me because of hip/back issues and I hate to be without her that long.

Also, to be fair to Corbin, the seat is a great-looking seat and really adds to the bike. Seat comfort is such a subjective thing... to each their own. Corbin is a good company and I'm grateful they sponsor this site. :icon_wink:

bobbyf6b
10-24-2013, 03:46 PM
None taken Bobbyf6b, but the Burgman is a motorcycle, as it states on the VIN plate. Just a lot of body panels. But you are right to compare the two is apples to oranges.

That's because it's a scooter.

You can call a dog a cat, but it's still a dog. :)

Scotrod
10-24-2013, 04:59 PM
Regardless of what its called, IMHO, there can be very little 'common ground' between a step-through and a Wing.

But, who am I to say,,,

I've never owned any bikes less than 1800 cc / 800+ lbs, unless you count that 125 'Zuki enduro back in high school,,,
:iduno:

The Wifes 900 Vulcan was fun to ride in town, and maybe for a relaxed country putt, but high cross winds and super-slab speeds accentuated the differences between it and my bikes.

wishey1
10-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Please post here or start a thread when you take your first long ride on the Russell...!!

I predict, this is really a guess, your hair will stand on end and go out your helmet and the
thrilll! registered in yur butt and going down your legs and up thru yur helmet will cause the bike
to momentarily buck like an unbroken mustang, at least for a second or two...so hold on when
it hits you....you will of course need a new helmet when the Russell takes effect......

God I wish I could go back to the first time feeling of a Russell "realization"......

On your trip to Glacier, this sounds really weird but I've done something similar on my Alaskan trip:::

Ride out to Great Falls, park bike at airport, get round trip from GF, fly back, get wife a
round trip from your nearest airport, both of you fly back to GF, Mt. ride to Glacier Park
do the red bus tour etc. for a couple days there, then drive to Banff, stay there a day or two.
Ride thru Banff NP right into Jasper NP, spend a day or two in Jasper, ride back to GF.
Let her fly back and you ride......Glacier Park and the Canadian Rockies are not to be
Missed......

wishey1
10-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Met up with MrF13.....suffice to say, a nicer young man there could not be. It restored my
faith in the youth of today!!

Talked a while in the parking lot with him and his two friends, one on an FJR and the other
a VFR I think, not sure really, don't know a bike until it says it in big letters...ahaha.

Rode for a short while with them, as they were on an epic ride, and man all I can say is the
F6B is the best looking ride I've seen on the road. It beautiful in the way the old Cadillac
convertible looked in its heyday, solid, smooth, beastly and unaffected by curves or bumps in
the road......the F6B makes every road look like it was just paved, wow!! He told me about
some great riding roads here in Arkansas I didn't know about...

Anyway thanks again MrF13, I assume you are getting home today. Hope y'all had a great time.

wishey1
10-27-2013, 02:10 PM
I want the F6B (of course), the Can-am rt, and the Husqvarna 650.......

In reality I can only have one. I've tried owning two bikes on two occasions and I just can't
keep up with all the maintenance, and will inevitably start riding only one.......

There can be only one!

Do any of you guys know the skinny on the Can-am RTs?? I'm somewhat fascinated by not
having to put your feet down and the wife liked the big back seat of my two Gold Wings...
And I'm 60 now, shouldn't I start thinking about these three-wheeled vehicles...

Was looking at the Can-am and the F6B as my Super Bowl final comparison.....Can-Am rt-
limited (demo for $21K) and the F6B (new deluxe for $18) Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Please, can you help a brother out...?

unsub
10-27-2013, 02:43 PM
Do any of you guys know the skinny on the Can-am RTs??

I've seen one up close and talked to the owner. It was his wife's bike, er trike. He told me that the bike motor was the same motor that CanAm uses in their other machines [generic 1000cc, his words] and in his opinion underpowered. You'll need to verify the specs. Looking it over I thought it might have a few more service points than a conventional bike because of the extra hardware.

Lastly this will tickle some here, it had a car tire mounted on the rear. Since it's a three wheeler I'd call that going over to the grey side.:kap:

That's all I know.

MichaelG
10-27-2013, 07:38 PM
Do any of you guys know the skinny on the Can-am RTs?? I'm somewhat fascinated by not
having to put your feet down and the wife liked the big back seat of my two Gold Wings...
And I'm 60 now, shouldn't I start thinking about these three-wheeled vehicles...

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

I have no doubt that several people here will disagree with my opinion on Can Ams, but...this is MY opinion, and I feel strongly about it. If you want to voice your own opinion, go for it.

My wife and I seriously looked at getting one or possibly two Can Ams, this past Summer. After taking the WA. State 3 - wheeler riding class, because in this state we are forced to take that class in order to get the endorsement for sidecars or trikes, and I spent 73.14159 % of my time in the riding portion of the class on a 2011 Can Am...I discussed the matter of buying a new Can Am with my wife. While she rides her own bikes, and has a few of them, she is quite short, and all of her bikes have to be FIT to her, so she can be comfortable. Solution...enter the Can Am.

My experiences riding this 2011 Can Am RT-S around a giant parking lot, through cones, etc, was a lot of fun. It piqued my interest to look further into them. We set up a riding appt. with a local Can Am dealer, went there, waited forever for them to allow us to take a new Can Am RT-S out for a ride. My wife rode it first, and I led her out on a ride, with me on the F6B. I was cautiously slow, and careful, as she was not used to the Can Am. After about 5 miles of riding in the country, away from traffic, I was tiring of waiting for her to catch up, even though I was only going 55 to 60 mph.
Finally, after another few miles, I stopped on the side of the road, and waited for her. When she stopped, and we talked about it, she explained that the Can Am was all over the road, and difficult to ride. This was different than my "parking lot" experiences, but this was now on the open road. So, I took the Can Am RT-S Spyder for a ride, while she stood next to my F6B. In my normal riding style, I took it up the road and discovered what she was talking about. This Can Am was terrible. There is no other word for it..terrible. I even thought that maybe if I took it to a higher speed, maybe...90 mph, it might settle down. That was not to be. The Spyder was all over the road, difficult to handle, did not want to track a straight line, and felt like I was fighting it all the time, every inch of every foot, of every mile.

After a 10 mile ride, I brought it back to her, confirmed to her that it was NOT her riding...but it was the POS Can Am Spyder, and we would take it back immediately. Upon return to the dealership, I asked the salesman if this new 2013 Spyder had gone through the warranty recall of the front ball joints, as there were problems with them that required the dealers to replace all of them. He assured me that this Spyder had been taken care of. I then told him...there is no way in the world that I could ever recomend to anyone to buy one of these machines, based on the test ride that we had just experienced.

Most sales-personnel know me, or know of me, well enough to know that I am not some rookie rider that is just learning how to ride. This salesman was smart enough to not question me on that. My wife jumped back on her own bike, a 2002 Magna 750 V-4, and we rode back home. The end result was that we were both so dissatisfied with how the Can Am rode, that we could easily erase that vehicle off our lists of ones we would ever want to own.

The opposite side of the coin is...after all the bikes I have owned and all the miles I have ridden, the Honda F6B is either THEE best bike I have ever owned, or...I forget what other bike might have been better. It is so good, it causes you to forget all previous bikes, except...maybe that '74 Norton 850 Commando, or that '54 Vincent Black Shadow:icon_mrgreen:

bobbyf6b
10-27-2013, 07:56 PM
I have to agree with the handling of the Can-am (snowmobile with wheels). I rode one back in April at Arizona Bike Week. It was fun on the test ride but my experience was the same, hard to keep a straight line/wandering all over the lane. I compare it to riding a quad on the street. If I were in the market for a three wheeled bike I would definitely get a regular trike. The F6B in trike form looks awesome!

Scotrod
10-27-2013, 08:31 PM
Hmm,,, Wandering,,, Curious as to the reasoning,,,

Just thinking out loud,,,,

Bikes respond to body motions as well as control inputs. Subtle movements, combined with subtle inputs, may occur subconsciously... (I sometimes swear the F6B corners by itself! LOL!)

Contact patch on MC tires are very narrow,,, Only uses a tiny fraction of the overall lane.

Spyder:

I've never ridden a Spyder so I can only 'guess'.

Assuming more physical input required at the Spyder controls to achieve similar results. Combined with (2) wider tires tracking partially in/out of the passenger car 'grooves' due to a narrower steer axle width (as compared to a car)

Kinda like a narrow Jeep trying to stay in the ruts left by a Full Sized 4 X 4,,,, Can trail one side or the other but not both at the same time,,, 'back and forth',,,

:iduno:

Steve 0080
10-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Wishey 1 ...." And I'm 60 now, shouldn't I start thinking " Are you asking a question here ??? Do you have a physical issue not disclosed? What has age got to do with riding anything, except maybe a tricycle??? Not to brag but I am 55 YOA, work out 4 days per week, try not to bench press more that 300# can leg press in a machine 1150# and run most people half my age into the ground before 11:00 am ..... Now if you have a physical issue, by all means get a trike... we have a couple of members who wheel around in a " chair " when not on their trike...by any means necessary keep your knees in the wind...but don't let a number make that decision for you !!! We have several members over 70 who still ride... I ride locally with a gentleman who is 76. I see no signs of him stopping any time soon.... to answer your question the Can Am is a POS ! Period !!!

Bruce B
10-27-2013, 11:22 PM
I want the F6B (of course), the Can-am rt, and the Husqvarna 650.......

In reality I can only have one. I've tried owning two bikes on two occasions and I just can't
keep up with all the maintenance, and will inevitably start riding only one.......

There can be only one!

Was looking at the Can-am and the F6B as my Super Bowl final comparison.....Can-Am rt-
limited (demo for $21K) and the F6B (new deluxe for $18) Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

If a trike is what you want or feel the most confident on, fine, but don't let age, just a number, be the determining factor. I was 70 when I moved from my Valkyrie to the F6B and I'm loving every minute I spend on it. Went for a lunch run ride of 250 miles round trip on Saturday. All except about 30 miles of it was in the twisting Sierra foothills. One of the other guys on a Beemer 1200 GS is 82 years old and he slows down for nothing. Age is just a number so ride what you like and enjoy the most.

1951vbs
10-28-2013, 08:20 AM
The opposite side of the coin is...after all the bikes I have owned and all the miles I have ridden, the Honda F6B is either THEE best bike I have ever owned, or...I forget what other bike might have been better. It is so good, it causes you to forget all previous bikes, except...maybe that '74 Norton 850 Commando, or that '54 Vincent Black Shadow:icon_mrgreen:

YES! I second this oppinion (except it should reference a 70 Commando and a 51 Shadow as well).

"Four wheels move the body... Two wheels move the soul!

MichaelG
10-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Not to brag but I am 55 YOA, work out 4 days per week, try not to bench press more that 300# can leg press in a machine 1150# and run most people half my age into the ground before 11:00 am

This is Steve :workout:

Scotrod
10-28-2013, 10:09 AM

This is Scott:

:eat1: :th_sunbathe:

unsub
10-28-2013, 06:54 PM
That's because it's a scooter.

You can call a dog a cat, but it's still a dog. :)

Nice find. :icon_biggrin:

I've owned one for many years and in my experience the VIN plate, Insurance companies and Suzuki maintenance materials all refer to it as a motorcycle. But by definition [step through design and a platform for the rider's feet] it is both a motorcycle and a scooter! :shock:

wishey1
10-28-2013, 08:08 PM
This is Scott:

:eat1: :th_sunbathe:

Ok, that's funny, and, I'm with you Scott.......

w

wishey1
10-28-2013, 08:10 PM

I lmao.......

wishey1
10-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Wishey 1 ...." And I'm 60 now, shouldn't I start thinking " n.... to answer your question the Can Am is a POS ! Period !!!

I'm just asking things like WHY do you know or think or believe that.....??

Steve 0080
10-28-2013, 08:26 PM
I have ridden a Can Am.... I felt like my life was in danger...reminded me of the Honda Three Wheelers that the Government took off the market because so many people where getting hurt...... If you are trying to chose between that and a F6B...... you are comparing rotten oranges and apples.....just sayin.....

as far as your physical ability...only you can answer that...

wishey1
10-28-2013, 08:49 PM
It's a different beast, you must take a feather lite grip.....a hard grip will sway it from side to
side, then most grip harder, the power steering makes every hard control worse, its tech babe.

Anyway I really really appreciate your input but, you didn't really bond with the Can-Am
did you...?

MichaelG
10-28-2013, 09:05 PM
It's a different beast, you must take a feather lite grip.....a hard grip will sway it from side to
side, then most grip harder, the power steering makes every hard control worse, its tech babe.

Anyway I really really appreciate your input but, you didn't really bond with the Can-Am
did you...?

I always love it when someone that does not know what they are talking about...sticks their foot in their mouth. :withstupid:
And I am not talking about Steve. I know Steve well enough to know that he knows what he is talking about.

wishey1
10-28-2013, 09:06 PM
First, I have to agree with almost everything that Bobby said. He hit a lot of the key notes in that tune. The F6B is a very visible bike, and if you have any doubts, add the lower cowling lights like most of us have done. Some of us have added the EC Single Shooter lights, with Yellow Lens, as the purpose of that light is to force car drivers to SEE you, rather than using the light to light up the road...which is what the 960 Dual LEDs are for.

Yes, I too had a Burgman 650, and loved it. Mine was actually converted to a ST-650...half the engine but twice the heart of an ST-1300. And while technically the Burgman 650 is a scooter, it is more of a motorcycle than 93.14159 % of the scooters out there. A Burgman 650 can run at speed with an F6B all day long. But, alas...I did sell my Burgman 650, because...and very specifically because...the F6B satisfied all the needs that the Burgman 650 was bought for.

After 43 years of riding, and...unmentionable miles...(see...I din't mention them)...I can say that the F6B is the best bike I have ever owned, and one that I plan to keep for a long time...and many unmentionable miles :icon_rolleyes:

And, the word is...it is going to be a one year bike, meaning...there will not be a 2014 model year of the 2014 :shhh:(rumor):moon:, so you better buy one now before they are all gone.

Seriously, I know how good a Burgman 650 can be...but the F6B is so WAY much better.

How many miles (approx.) have you ridden...?

wishey1
10-28-2013, 09:10 PM
I always love it when someone that does not know what they are talking about...sticks their foot in their mouth. :withstupid:
And I am not talking about Steve. I know Steve well enough to know that he knows what he is talking about.

I do it all the time, it's just the way I roll....

Let me ask this if I may.....how many happy miles have been put on Can-Am's compared to
your wife's and yours......

Comparably speaking, who ate their foot....?

wishey1
10-28-2013, 09:12 PM
I ride them both tomorrow...

Wish me luck....?

w

MichaelG
10-28-2013, 09:23 PM
How many miles (approx.) have you ridden...?

If you have to ask THAT question...you are showing that you have NOT read back posts on this forum, as that subject has been covered too much...according to some people. Additionally, should know, but apparently you do not, that IBA members do not post their mileage anymore than needed, because...it bugs the heck out of some less riding members...and...by not knowing how many MILES I have ridden...it shows you do not know WHO you are dealing with.

I can assure you of this...and it is a fact...I am the one person on this forum that you do not want to attempt to compare life's riding experience with.
You can saddle up to the bar and talk about your little ride here, and your little ride there with 93.14159 % of the guys and gals here, but dont' even think of doing that with me, especially when you dis me or my wife like that.

I would...politely...suggest that you make your own decision about whether to buy whatever bike you want to buy, and then move on to another subject/thread, as this one has been exhausted. :nono:

wishey1
10-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Gotcha!!!.......just funnin' ya brah.....

yeah, I read all about the 43 trips to the moon, was only playing...

Don't fret, I'm a fan, just punked ya...

Mustangjake
10-28-2013, 09:41 PM
I read what Sparky said so I went to look at 1 today . Never been on a 3 wheeler .
They where closed on a Monday.

wishey1
10-28-2013, 09:42 PM
MILES...

I was just playing......

wishey1
10-28-2013, 09:48 PM
I read what Sparky said so I went to look at 1 today . Never been on a 3 wheeler .
They where closed on a Monday.

...not sure what you are saying, who was closed?

JimBob1
10-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Wow, what great read!!! went from really good , and thoughtful options to ....... I don't know what! In any event, I spent a couple of weeks doing my research on what I wanted to purchase. Had an Electra glide that was starting to be unreliable so started my search. First question I asked myself, what kind of riding do I normally do and what kind of riding do I like to do? I wanted a reliable touring bike, with a good dealer network, that I could go long distances on in all kinds of weather, highway conditions, and be comfortable. My wife does not ride with me much, she is into horses, so screw her input. So, how much do I want to spend? Who has the best financing available and what is the best trade in deal I could negotiate. After much reading, test riding the options, it was time to s**t or get off the pot. Hell, I am 64 years old, time to make a decision here or life is going to make it for me!!!!! Bang, pulled the trigger on the F6B back in April and have never looked back. That is my story and I hope it helps anybody out there struggling to decide to make or not make a purchase of the F6B.

Scotrod
10-29-2013, 12:45 PM
I had briefly 'thought' about the Can am, but only as the Wife has this '3 wheel's are better than 2' phobia.

Not a desire, a phobia. (She's STILL pretty timid on her F6B)

I can see where it would be cool for folks who want/need 3 wheels, but its not really calling my name at this time. I like how bikes lean into the curves,,, a lot. :icon_biggrin:

wishey1
10-29-2013, 07:42 PM
.........ok had my demo ride on the F6B...........

It was like----

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:: shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
OOOH MYYY GOOOODD !!!!!!!

Unbelievable ride, balance, when I stopped at the edge of the parking lot I just hung there
for at least two or three second before it dawned on me I looked down and said---

THIS ISNT A THREE-WHEELER!! Then I put my feet down but the feel of it was-
"you don't really need too......."

Needless to say it was by far the best experience I've ever had riding anything.....I know
I'm still in a euphoria or shock but DANG that's a nice bike......

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::icon_biggrin::icon_big grin::icon_biggrin::kap::kap::kap::headbang::headb ang::headbang:

I been F6'ed...:agree::rock: F6B !!!

Scotrod
10-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Not gonna slam the Spyder, but it, and most other bikes,,,,,,,, are simply NOT like the F6B. :icon_biggrin:

bobbyf6b
10-29-2013, 10:14 PM
Found this online, couldn't help but share. :icon_lol: NO OFFENSE- IT'S A JOKE. Why do I even have to say that. :icon_doh:

ghostrider
10-30-2013, 06:53 AM
Haha, I want a t-shirt that say's..... I've been F6'ed!!

wishey1
10-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Found this online, couldn't help but share. :icon_lol: NO OFFENSE- IT'S A JOKE. Why do I even have to say that. :icon_doh:

Great find Bobby, and you know it's really no joke, the Can-Am's ARE basically a snowmobile
missing the track and two skies up front.....

I hate to say it but I never did ride one. Had a ride set up yesterday after the morning ride
with the F6 but after riding the F6 I'm like "who, Cam what??"

Guess I shoulda rode the Can-Am first.......

wishey1
10-30-2013, 08:27 AM
Haha, I want a t-shirt that say's..... I've been F6'ed!!

Yes, great idea!!

Phantom
10-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Waaaaaay too many issues with this machine.

Do a GOOGLE search ...... " can-am spider problems " some reading that might open your eyes.

It's not a Honda, in my opinion more like a YUGO.

"Limp" mode seems to be very popular with Spyders :no::shock:

NOT all Spyders have problems, there are many just like Harleys that keep on rolling without issues.

wishey1
10-30-2013, 09:16 AM
.....thanks Phantom!! And, you are exactly right......In retrospect I wish I hadn't even
brought up the subject because those darn things caused me a lot problems just by
mentioning them!!

:icon_biggrin:

F6B-RICH
10-30-2013, 10:01 AM
WOW must have fallen asleep on this thread.I owned a Can Am 2010 RS-S Spyder for 3 years until I got the F6B in June 2013.I had the usual Harleys and wanted to try something different.Now YES there is a limp mode never happened with mine but its true will not let the machine go faster then a certain speed like 30 mph or some speed yes its a slow speed.YES they do catch on fire as some reported and I saw pics with them burned to the ground with only a frame left.One caught on fire at a Can Am demo day this past summer right in front of possible Spyder buyers.Can Am claimed a plastic bag went under the machine and caught the machine on fire.With all the covers that machine has (called tupperware)by theSpyder owners I could believe it can happen.Now the plus points that are mine and only mine sick/awesome handling in high speed turns and the twisty roads.You feel like you are on tracks like a roller coaster very fun to ride.You can not beat the semi auto tranny just hammer the throttle down and just hit the button to sift gears and you are at over 100mph in no time and I mean in no time I don't care how fast you think you can shift gears with your foot this semi trans will beat you every time.I had no problems with mine just wanted to get back on 2 wheels which is a no brainer when I saw the F6B at the motorcycle show and YES its the best machine I have owned in my life so far.YES the Spyders have problems and have been out for about 9 years or more but I have a F6B that has been out for 1 year and I have a paint problem :icon_lol:

wishey1
10-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Thanks Rich...! Yes I was all set to test a Can-Am but messed that up by riding the F6B first!!

Yes, the paint on the F6 has issues but from what I hear that is the coming thing---waterborne
Paint. Japan, I have read, is going green. I'm an avid golfer and a few years ago I read where
Japan has absolutely gone ape for golf. But they are getting into a problem with all the golf
courses and the chemicals used causing two headed ducks and even getting into their drinking water!!

They have apparently gone green and are taking a lot of chemicals out of their environment.

I also read where US is moving in that direction as well.......

Phantom
10-30-2013, 11:06 AM
The F6B paint problem is a serious problem in my opinion, however, it will never leave you stranded.

After 9 years, you would think that Can-Am would have removed all of the Mechanical Gremlins out.

As I said earlier, there are many that have had no issues, but there are a large number of Can-Am Spyders that have had all sorts of mechanical and electrical problems.

I have 2 friends that would never buy another one, they both unloaded their Spyders in less than a year of ownership. They both now own Goldwing Trikes and have had zero issues with the Goldwings.

If you really want a stable and fast trike that is a lot of fun, buy one of these ....

:headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zrhKM0XODk

F6B-RICH
10-30-2013, 11:33 AM
The F6B paint problem is a serious problem in my opinion, however, it will never leave you stranded.

After 9 years, you would think that Can-Am would have removed all of the Mechanical Gremlins out.

As I said earlier, there are many that have had no issues, but there are a large number of Can-Am Spyders that have had all sorts of mechanical and electrical problems.

I have 2 friends that would never buy another one, they both unloaded their Spyders in less than a year of ownership. They both now own Goldwing Trikes and have had zero issues with the Goldwings.

Agree.The paint problem was more of a joke because I really have no issue with my paint.There is a machine/toy/motorcycle out there for everyone.Thats why there are so many choices.BRP the company that makes the Spyder also makes the Sea Doo watercraft and Evinrude outboards which to me with many years on the water plus a very proud owner of a Sea Doo are the best machines/outboards made to date.

bobbyf6b
10-30-2013, 02:40 PM
I want this one. Morgan Three Wheeler.

wishey1
10-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Agree.The paint problem was more of a joke because I really have no issue with my paint.There is a machine/toy/motorcycle out there for everyone.Thats why there are so many choices.BRP the company that makes the Spyder also makes the Sea Doo watercraft and Evinrude outboards which to me with many years on the water plus a very proud owner of a Sea Doo are the best machines/outboards made to date.

RICH, another great post.....I rode a CANAm today, a 2011 RT, luv'ed luv'ed it.......the ride is
somewhat hectic compared to the F6, and I'm not really a high rev guy. The CAN Ams need to be
In the 4500-6000 range for peak power AND gas mileage.....the ride is so much fun, it's safer
if you want to take the kids or grand kids, you can't beat the three wheels for stability in all
areas and for sheer looks they are flat out gorgeous...(did I say flat? Freudian slip?). I love
the CAN, it has technology off the chart, you cannot flip it no matter how fast or how fooled
you get in a corner and brother they will fly, I just got off one.......but they are
just a bit loud for me...

Ok comparing the two, I'm going to go with the F6B.....driving the F6B it felt more like me, quiet
reserved, smooth and built to last without any maintenance......the only problem we will have
is it says "are we going to Cali. Or Florida". No I says, we are just going into town!!

Yes, I loved some things about the CANAm and I WILL have it one day but not today.......

Tomorrow I say goodbye to my best bike friend the 650 Burgameister and say:::

"Hello beautiful" to a flat six that musta been made by aliens because there is nothing
on this planet to compare it with or to...... Unless we have a rainstorm here of course
I leave in the a.m. Happy and Safe Biking Everyone!!!

(Especially Miles)

unsub
10-30-2013, 07:54 PM
"Hello beautiful" to a flat six that musta been made by aliens because there is nothing
on this planet to compare it with or to...... Unless we have a rainstorm here of course
(Especially Miles)

Let me be the 1st to say welcome new f6b rider, and congratulations on your choice. Have fun and be safe and stick around.

wishey1
10-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Let me be the 1st to say welcome new f6b rider, and congratulations on your choice. Have fun and be safe and stick around.

Hey thanks unsub...!!

gray rider
10-30-2013, 09:49 PM
A friend of mine has a Can-Am which chronically was going into limp mode. Trust me, you don't want to be out in the middle of nowhere and have to escort your friend who can only go about 25 mph.

The dealer was worthless, no help, no ideas. We finally figured out that if he used premium gas without alcohol it ran fine. Apparently the knock sensor was tripping the limp mode due to the crummy alcohol laced premium we have available here. Bottom line is that you better not go any further than that good tank of fuel will get you.

The weave, high center, vague steering was adjusted out by extensive tinkering with the suspension settings and tire pressures. No science was involved, just trial and error, recording everything so the settings could be reproduced/tweaked.

From what I have seen myself, even though the Can-Am appears very highly engineered and looks to have much going for it, I would would not want one. I have friends with Honda trikes and am unaware of any issues with any of them.

F6B-RICH
10-30-2013, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=wishey1;13723]RICH, another great post.....I rode a CANAm today, a 2011 RT, luv'ed luv'ed it.......the ride is
somewhat hectic compared to the F6, and I'm not really a high rev guy. The CAN Ams need to be
In the 4500-6000 range for peak power AND gas mileage.....the ride is so much fun, it's safer
if you want to take the kids or grand kids, you can't beat the three wheels for stability in all
areas and for sheer looks they are flat out gorgeous...(did I say flat? Freudian slip?). I love
the CAN, it has technology off the chart, you cannot flip it no matter how fast or how fooled
you get in a corner and brother they will fly, I just got off one.......but they are
just a bit loud for me...

Ok comparing the two, I'm going to go with the F6B.....driving the F6B it felt more like me, quiet
reserved, smooth and built to last without any maintenance......the only problem we will have
is it says "are we going to Cali. Or Florida". No I says, we are just going into town!!

Yes, I loved some things about the CANAm and I WILL have it one day but not today.......

:icon_biggrin: Glad you did test ride one.Like I said before the new models with the 3 cylinders and a 6 speed tranny will make that machine even faster (like it needs to go even faster LOL) and a 6 speed will help to lower the rpm's on the highway.

wishey1
10-31-2013, 05:54 PM
Now hear this---.....I am Officially a rootin tootin F6B Rider !!! she's in the garage....

Thank you all for the help and posts while I decided...

Mrf13
10-31-2013, 06:10 PM
What? No PICS??

wishey1
10-31-2013, 07:03 PM
Mr.f13.......let me say I'll always remember you and the guys. Watching you ride your bike
was the coolest thing since EZ rider.....thanks for your help in answering my dumb questions.

I'm going to learn how to post pics and I have a couple on my phone that the wifey did after
I pulled into the driveway..........she was all excited, partially I think because she was relieved
I actually made it home with the big Horse...!!

wishey1
10-31-2013, 07:29 PM
I, ok here it is...

Mrf13
10-31-2013, 07:59 PM
Sweeet
Next time I'm up in your neck of the woods I will give you a Hollar

F6B-RICH
10-31-2013, 08:00 PM
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: Congrats & good luck with your new toy :icon_cool:

unsub
10-31-2013, 08:10 PM
I, ok here it is...

Wait....what...:yikes:?????......Nice!

Trike lady
10-31-2013, 08:27 PM
Jay Leno has a lot of cool cars and bikes.

wishey1
10-31-2013, 08:37 PM
...dang, I need to trim my bushes...!!

thanks guys, you are appreciated...

wishey1
10-31-2013, 08:41 PM
Wait....what...:yikes:?????......Nice!

I know, well it IS Halloween, just wish I could turn it back red for Christmas...!!

wishey1
10-31-2013, 08:50 PM
Sweeet
Next time I'm up in your neck of the woods I will give you a Hollar

Hey that would be great...or anywhere north of the La. State line, same here...
with this bike here we could ride to NOLa for lunch...!

Hey man, what kind of hwy. foot pegs do you have, they looked great...?

w

fsixb_AZ
10-31-2013, 09:26 PM
I, ok here it is...

Awesome color. Welcome to the best bike in the world club.:cheers:

wishey1
10-31-2013, 09:27 PM
Awesome color. Welcome to the best bike in the world club.:cheers:

Thanks AZ...!! :icon_biggrin:

kjelders
11-01-2013, 10:16 AM
I guess now you are no longer at an impasse....Welcome to the best bike ever made!

F4 Customs
11-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi all, just wanted to chime in that as you discuss windshields, we can provide you with shields that measure 14-16-18 inches from the fairing. Heck, we can get you up to 23" tall if you like, with 2" additional width. These can be tinted or clear and vented or non-vented. The best part is that they are on sale for 10% until November 15th! Please give us a call if you have questions.

F6BPDX
11-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Very nice. :clap2: You Arkansas (and surrounding area) boys really have a plus in being able to get the custom colors. I like my red deluxe a whole bunch, but I'd like it even more in the Uranium Green they do.

timjoebob
11-01-2013, 07:56 PM
Wow, Wishey... I fell asleep at the wheel and missed your purchase.

We could be cousins!

Blessings!

wishey1
11-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Wow, Wishey... I fell asleep at the wheel and missed your purchase.

We could be cousins!

Blessings!

Haha, yeah when I saw your I'm like, is that mine?? right down to the throttlerocker...I finally
saw you had those metal type grips.....

I wanted to ask you, did you take your end bar weights off...?

Thanks, w

wishey1
11-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Very nice. :clap2: You Arkansas (and surrounding area) boys really have a plus in being able to get the custom colors. I like my red deluxe a whole bunch, but I'd like it even more in the Uranium Green they do.

Thanks F6BP, just wish we had an ocean view to go along with it...!!

...and, for me it just makes the color decision excruciating...!!

HR sells a lot of trikes and they have a guy who paints them and he is the one
who paints the F6Bs'......most shops can paint motorcycles but they want you to
take off bring them all the pieces.....

wishey1
11-02-2013, 12:30 PM
I guess now you are no longer at an impasse....Welcome to the best bike ever made!

Well, one would assume, now, it's all about what seat to get...:icon_razz: