PDA

View Full Version : Windbreaker windshields?

motornerd
08-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Anyone running the windbreaker shield? Manstad seems to be predominant but isn't it the same theory? Both are a two layer shield but I think the windbreaker looks more pleasing, in my opinion.

2wheelsforme
08-28-2017, 02:40 PM
Did you mean to type Wind Bender? I know of no windbreaker name. The Wind Bender looks a lot like the Mastad but looks to have more metal esp two strips on the outside of the outside shield where it is easily seen. The adjustments look larger also and do they only come in alum colored? I guess it is in the eye of the beholder but I like the looks of the Mastad better myself.

TouchOfGray
08-28-2017, 03:07 PM
I have a medium (14" x extra wide) size Clearview shield. Works pretty well when dry up to about 60 mph. Gets noisy over 60. I get hit in the face with rain-no matter the speed. It is supposed to have "re-curve" . Wish it were 4" taller. I could still see over it.

SierraKen
08-28-2017, 05:31 PM
I have the windbender on my 6 and ran one on my full wing prior. Love it! You are correct they use the same concept of two split shields. The windbender has been around for years and come in several tints and sizes. I can give you more info if you like. Just let me know

motornerd
08-28-2017, 05:40 PM
Yeah, I meant wind bender.

motornerd
08-28-2017, 05:51 PM
I have a medium (14" x extra wide) size Clearview shield. Works pretty well when dry up to about 60 mph. Gets noisy over 60. I get hit in the face with rain-no matter the speed. It is supposed to have "re-curve" . Wish it were 4" taller. I could still see over it.

I looked at the Clearview and did some measuring, I think I would need the 16 and I would still be looking over. I'm 5'11".

SierraKen
08-28-2017, 05:52 PM
I have the windbender on my 6 and ran one on my full wing prior. Love it! You are correct they use the same concept of two split shields. The windbender has been around for years and come in several tints and sizes. I can give you more info if you like. Just let me know

motornerd
08-28-2017, 05:55 PM

Going to Wing Ding Friday and have scheduled some time with the Wind Bender vendor to try different size shields. I like the idea, just hope it works for me.

98valk
08-29-2017, 10:14 AM
I looked at the Clearview and did some measuring, I think I would need the 16 and I would still be looking over. I'm 5'11".

The 16" should work for you. I'm 5' 10" and easily see over my 16" Clearview. I would have liked to try a 17". The protection is not excellent, it is good. The shield looks great (vs Madstad). :icon_biggrin:

Az Wingrider
08-29-2017, 07:55 PM
I also am running a Windbender windshield and I love it. I also had one on a full Goldwing before the F6B.

The Windbender has a laminar lip the kicks the wind up and is designed to be looked over as are several of the other windshields. The vertical adjustment strips are below my normal field of vision and are not a distraction. If you find a used one for a Goldwing it can be used on the F6B.

Good luck in your search but I do like the looks of the Windbender as well.

motornerd
08-29-2017, 08:31 PM
Thanks for all the responses. I'm hoping I can find a windshield I'm happy with.

Dfinkelsteinmd
08-31-2017, 12:28 AM
I traded my F6B for the K1600B so I have 2 aftermarket windscreens that worked well for me. In colder weather I used the Slip Streamer for protection and in the summer a Lee Bailey opaque screen to catch the breeze. Both are now for sale at $100 each plus postage or $175 for both. The Slip Streamer is 17" and the Lee Bailey is 14", both conventional mono-curve so they don't look dorky. Let me know if you need more details on either, and good luck finding the right option for you. It can make your ride a whole lot better.

Dfinkelsteinmd
08-31-2017, 07:28 PM
I traded my F6B for the K1600B so I have 2 aftermarket windscreens that worked well for me. In colder weather I used the Slip Streamer for protection and in the summer a Lee Bailey opaque screen to catch the breeze. Both are now for sale at $100 each plus postage or $175 for both. The Slip Streamer is 17" and the Lee Bailey is 14", both conventional mono-curve so they don't look dorky. Let me know if you need more details on either, and good luck finding the right option for you. It can make your ride a whole lot better.

Meant to say Cee Bailey, which is 13", not 14" and the opaque tint was $10 extra, so this is an aircraft quality plastic shield that looks new but is a bargain at $100 (or less if you want both). Shipping is about $45 to the lower 48.