PDA

View Full Version : Rally Members Check In When Home, Please!

shortleg0521
09-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Well Will and I made it home to Maryland. Not a bad ride at all.
I do know that all the VA state troopers were on Interstate 81 today.
Thank God for cruise control. Just set it to about 2 or three over the liit and roll.
I think the funnyest part of this ride was watch Will and myself trying to
operate our Sena 20s for intercom. Now this is two guys that are supposed to know what the hell
is going on with stuff. I have to admit it, we went to the instructions to operate them.
How embarassing for a guy, of all things the instructions.
They do work great and the range is supriseing.
I want to thank all the people that took time out to provide idems and BEER for the rally.
We do have some of the greatest people!

willtill
09-03-2017, 05:47 PM
Echo Dave's comments above. :icon_cool:

And we had a nice jaunt back up to Marylandistan... left early so wasn't able to say goodbye to you good folk.

Look forward to the next Rally. Jimmytee bring your bike, I never had an opportunity to hear your sound system. Last night I tried to barter my raffle ticket for a chance to hear it but was it was Not received well. :icon_frown:

Hope there's some more of that Pecan pie at the next one too! :icon_wink:

stepbill
09-03-2017, 07:58 PM
Got home around 3:00PM and was able to pick up the dogs. Had a great time seeing everyone again and meeting new people. A special thanks to Rick (Value Accessories) for leading the rides and to Steve for coordinating a great event! It was also great talking to GATeach. She is one special woman who truly does some amazing things. Chunky Love kept us in stitches and has a fantastic wife. She has to be to put up with him! For me, the one person who really stands out is Slow Poke who rode from Canada. If you give him plenty of warning, he is a fantastic rider. Even though the weather was so so, the fellowship was fantastic. Looking forward to next year!

Jimmytee
09-03-2017, 08:16 PM
Been home since a little past 3 this afternoon. Had a great time seeing everyone.

GaTeach
09-03-2017, 08:58 PM
Sweet Georgia and I are home. The GSMNP was INSANE. But it was worth the insanity to get to hang out with the cool F6Bers. I sure hope everyone had a great trip home.

So many fun and interesting people in this crew. I look forward to seeing y'all again.

Big thanks to 53 for putting this together. I hope you got paid BIG BUCKS.

F6Pilot
09-03-2017, 09:07 PM
Been home since around....sorry.....10:30 this morning. A great rally as usual. Well done 53.

CoCoKola
09-03-2017, 09:36 PM
We arrived home about an hour ago. I heard JimmyT system, it pumps. The hertz speakers are the best. I had my sound gear to measure sound pressure level and phase. Using SMAAART (used by professional audio) but with the rain, and Kara's Struggle with severe pains I want able to be around as much. Maybe next year we can take measurements and compare our setups.

Cheers
Run

F6B1911
09-04-2017, 06:26 AM
Left the Vacation Lodge at 6:00am, made it to Detroit at 10:05pm, took the scenic route.

http://c4.c4isit.net/f6b/Return.jpg

glide one
09-04-2017, 12:24 PM
Thanks to everyone for a great rally.
Made it home by 5:00pm to a cool 90 degrees.
You've got to love the south.

FF-Ed
09-04-2017, 02:41 PM
made it home around 15:30

A nice ride up I75 at 80-90mph

Got home and ditched the helmet...

Thanks Steve for a great rally!'gw-smiley'

masonmike
09-04-2017, 04:21 PM
Rode 1317 kilometers in a single day. That's over 800 miles in American. A personal record.
Had a great time and met a lot of great people, whom I look forward to meeting again next year.
Colorado??? Isn't that near Hawaii? (If it must be.) Special thanks to 53 Driver Steve for making it all
possible and his special concern for the novice riders among us.
I'm not sure if this is the proper thread to share this with you all, but I find it most inspiring every
time I read it. It was originally played as a PBS ad segment with the Dances With Wolves Theme
song playing in the back ground. Circa 1995. You can sometimes find it on utube. No title, no author.
I wish I knew whom to give credit for this masterpiece. You'd have to have a heart
of stone not to be moved by these words.
I think an appropriate title could be, Ode to America.

Welcome to a place, that is always just beginning,
that rouses itself from day to day and year to year,
to admire what it's made, starting with nothing,
then rushes to invent itself, all over again.
Ordinary people, doing extraordinary things.
Knowing what goes on, goes on to shape tomorrow.
Welcome to land, that is never what you think it is
and will never stay that way for long.
There are a million stories; in the streets of the cities
we never finish building and in the rows of the fields
we never finish cultivating.
We intend to tell them all.

I love to give credit where where credit is due. If anyone could educate me as to the author of these
words I would greatly appreciate it. For all we know, it could be a staff writer at some PBS station.

Yea, yea, that's right, I'm Canadian! What's your point!
Thanks to us, this rally is truly an international event.
What do you think of that,... EH!

Everyone, please ride safe.
Cheers to all!

zzh54
09-04-2017, 04:40 PM
Home safe. What to say that hasn't been said, Steve and Rick thanks for what you guys do, to the members, nice seeing old friends and nice meeting new ones. I for one looks forward to this trip each year, see who did what to their ride, and to swap stories and jokes. If we had a trophy for the best story CHUNKY LOVE would have had more to pack.
Thanks to all

masonmike
09-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Sweet Georgia and I are home. The GSMNP was INSANE. But it was worth the insanity to get to hang out with the cool F6Bers. I sure hope everyone had a great trip home.

So many fun and interesting people in this crew. I look forward to seeing y'all again.

Big thanks to 53 for putting this together. I hope you got paid BIG BUCKS.

Thanks for the American flag bandana! It came in very handy while breaking in my new helmet on the long ride home.
No hair to act as a cushion, I don't expect you to understand. Anyways I didn't get a chance to thank you,
I didn't know who you were. I can't put my finger on it, but you some how look different in your avatar.
Thanks again Ms. GaTeach.

6gun
09-04-2017, 09:12 PM
We got home around 7:30. We enjoyed everyone's company and the rides. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks for everything 53. Thanks for leading us on some great rides Rick.

Ixol Phaane
09-05-2017, 01:53 AM
Yep... I got home about 10:30 AZ time. If you're keepin track, that's 735 miles yesterday...
1155 miles today... 1890 total.

I hope everyone else got/gets home safe n sound... I'd like to see you all again next year!
Jimmytee, Miss Patty, Teach, Wycked, Chunky, WillieF6B, Slowpoke, Willtil, Steve0080... it was really nice to see you all again, and everyone I haven't named, also. Y'all are a great group to ride and hang out with. The best! :icon_biggrin:

Thank you, Steve, for facilitating again this year. Well done!
Rick and Jason, thanks for bringing the store w you. Nice!

Be safe, everyone! :039:

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 06:43 AM
made it home around 15:30

A nice ride up I75 at 80-90mph

Got home and ditched the helmet...

Thanks Steve for a great rally!'gw-smiley'

I just want to know if you talk to *yourself* when you're riding your bike?????? :)

Glad y'all made it home safely. It was great hanging out with you and Jake. Stay away from nuts.

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the American flag bandana! It came in very handy while breaking in my new helmet on the long ride home.
No hair to act as a cushion, I don't expect you to understand. Anyways I didn't get a chance to thank you,
I didn't know who you were. I can't put my finger on it, but you some how look different in your avatar.
Thanks again Ms. GaTeach.

I look mean in that picture. I'm much nicer in person. :)

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 06:48 AM
Home safe. What to say that hasn't been said, Steve and Rick thanks for what you guys do, to the members, nice seeing old friends and nice meeting new ones. I for one looks forward to this trip each year, see who did what to their ride, and to swap stories and jokes. If we had a trophy for the best story CHUNKY LOVE would have had more to pack.
Thanks to all

It was so cool to get to see you and Jim and hang out with y'all again. I look forward to getting up there to the Great White North and riding with y'all again.

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 06:50 AM
Yep... I got home about 10:30 AZ time. If you're keepin track, that's 735 miles yesterday...
1155 miles today... 1890 total.

I hope you can get a nap in before you got to get to work! So good to see you, Dave. Thanks for making the trip. That's no small feat.

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 06:51 AM
Thanks to everyone for a great rally.
Made it home by 5:00pm to a cool 90 degrees.
You've got to love the south.

Roll Tide :)

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 06:51 AM
We got home around 7:30. We enjoyed everyone's company and the rides. Looking forward to the next one. Thanks for everything 53. Thanks for leading us on some great rides Rick.

I so enjoyed meeting you and Tonya. Next time y'all are in the Smokies, holler. I'd love to ride with y'all.

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 06:54 AM
Well Will and I made it home to Maryland. Not a bad ride at all.
We do have some of the greatest people!

Y'all left early! It was great to meet you!

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 06:56 AM
Echo Dave's comments above. :icon_cool:

And we had a nice jaunt back up to Marylandistan... left early so wasn't able to say goodbye to you good folk.

Look forward to the next Rally. Jimmytee bring your bike, I never had an opportunity to hear your sound system. Last night I tried to barter my raffle ticket for a chance to hear it but was it was Not received well. :icon_frown:

Hope there's some more of that Pecan pie at the next one too! :icon_wink:

I was thinking yesterday that I shoulda kept one of those pies back at the house. They didn't last long. My mama tutors in the afterschool program here at my school, so I'll see her this afternoon. I can't wait to tell her how much the biker gang loved her pecan pies. It was great to see you, Will.

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Got home around 3:00PM and was able to pick up the dogs. Had a great time seeing everyone again and meeting new people. A special thanks to Rick (Value Accessories) for leading the rides and to Steve for coordinating a great event! It was also great talking to GATeach. She is one special woman who truly does some amazing things. Chunky Love kept us in stitches and has a fantastic wife. She has to be to put up with him! For me, the one person who really stands out is Slow Poke who rode from Canada. If you give him plenty of warning, he is a fantastic rider. Even though the weather was so so, the fellowship was fantastic. Looking forward to next year!

Thanks Bill. Just ridin' my ride. :) I very much enjoyed hanging out with you. Let me know if you decide to ride up Mount Washington. I'll head out and ride with you. Lol

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 07:00 AM
Been home since a little past 3 this afternoon. Had a great time seeing everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiu1wfHSU1w

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Been home since around....sorry.....10:30 this morning. A great rally as usual. Well done 53.

You're just a hop, skip, and a jump from PF!

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 07:03 AM
We arrived home about an hour ago. I heard JimmyT system, it pumps. The hertz speakers are the best. I had my sound gear to measure sound pressure level and phase. Using SMAAART (used by professional audio) but with the rain, and Kara's Struggle with severe pains I want able to be around as much. Maybe next year we can take measurements and compare our setups.

Cheers
Run

Did all of your luggage make it home with you???? :)

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 07:04 AM
Left the Vacation Lodge at 6:00am

If Chunky Love gets the trophy for best story, you get the trophy for best badges.

willtill
09-05-2017, 08:06 AM

I remember Jimmytee doing that. What a riot! :icon_lol:

Jimmytee
09-05-2017, 08:52 AM

:icon_lol:

moe113097
09-05-2017, 10:41 AM
go home last night back in sunny, hot, muggy south florida .

great meeting everyone and riding out in the twisties, hope I did not slow you down too much

firetech
09-05-2017, 12:38 PM
Got home yesterday about 5:30.
First would like to thank Steve for stepping up and keeping this rally going...great job. Then a big thanks to Rick and his son for bringing their work with them and for all the donations. Very much appreciated.
Then it was so great to see and meet everyone again, i had a great time. Thank you everyone, you all are a great bunch of people. Already looking forward to next years rally, wherever it may be...

hocrod
09-05-2017, 08:16 PM
Got home safe and sound with my better half, Jody, last night around 5:30 p.m. Thank you to everyone for making our first rally quite a memorable time. Met some great people and of course it's a plus to put faces to names. Hope to make it again next year with no rain this time, although, the rain made for very interesting rides in the mountains and more spirited hang out time under the tent. - Cheers to new friends! George & Jody

53driver
09-06-2017, 08:05 AM
I made it home Tuesday - spent Sunday & Monday riding in southern Appalachia.

I want to thank everyone for being the great group you are as we look forward to next year's rally.
But now, I'm focusing on this little bitch called Irma....

Cheers,
Steve

beppok
09-06-2017, 09:21 AM
Home on Monday around 5. Would have made it 15 minutes sooner but I forgot Missouri had a helmet law. Took it off in Hannibal, 90 degrees and got caught 6 miles from Iowa. Shoot!

stepbill
09-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Home on Monday around 5. Would have made it 15 minutes sooner but I forgot Missouri had a helmet law. Took it off in Hannibal, 90 degrees and got caught 6 miles from Iowa. Shoot!

Did they give you a ticket?

Python
09-06-2017, 08:35 PM
No tickets- all of OSP was working - thanks to all the good people at the rally , I had fun and lots of good adventures

Slowpoke
09-06-2017, 09:14 PM
Took the scenic route home - same roads, but they all look different in the reverse direction.

2 lovely days ride, and a 3rd with a couple of nasty storms.

Maybe shoulda, woulda, coulda taken the 2-day slab run - yuk!

Had a great time at the rally. Nice to put faces to the forum handles.

Now to install the new farkles.

'Till next time.

Outcast
09-10-2017, 02:56 PM
I made it home on your Monday. I had a great time with all! See you guys and ladies next year!

Jimmytee
09-10-2017, 03:28 PM
I made it home on your Monday. I had a great time with all! See you guys and ladies next year!

It was great seeing you again.:039:

blackmetoc
09-10-2017, 04:14 PM
I got in the same day, around 8. I stopped about half way in AL, got some chow, then continued on. Labor day was a do my chores day. Grass needed cutting, puppy needed playing and washing, house needed cleaning and laundry needed laundering. I got the bugs off the bike and did a little ride around the area for an hour too.