PDA

View Full Version : Lovin' the F6B

TandemGeek
09-04-2017, 07:26 PM
I'm a motorcycle junkie... or more accurately, I love riding things with two wheels. Motorcycles and bicycles.

Current livery of big bikes:

https://ridingtwoup.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/20170904_190204.jpg?w=500

The F6B was a bucket list item and I've got no regrets after just a few days and 100 miles.. As a blogger, here's the latest update:

https://ridingtwoup.wordpress.com/2017/09/04/making-the-f6b-ours-little-changes-and-a-lot-of-cleaning/

I've got a lot of "hope" built up in thinking the Mustang saddle will be the right saddle for us. I've got a stock rear shock link coming so I can get the ride height back to stock, as the lowered link thing ain't working at all. Might have to visit Traxxion Dynamics for the rear shock NOW and will decide if I'm all in for the front end rework after 6 months. Our Road King is still the default for touring, but my wife is definitely loving the big Honda.

Thought about the BMW 1600B, but having ridden BMWs for a few years, not sure it's in the sweet spot for us.

However, in the mean time, the F6B is definitely meeting all of my expectations.

I should note, my last Honda was a CBR1100XX and the F6B is 15-year old version of the same bike!

Just loving it.

F6Pilot
09-04-2017, 09:05 PM
The Mustang is a nice saddle, ran one of a couple of years before moving to an Ultimate. It will drop you a little deeper in the saddle and set you back somewhat as well. The stock link will bring your ride height back up. Past that check the shock adjustment under the right side panel and ensure it is in the middle of the range. Most come from the factory in the softest setting.

As many have suggested in other posts, get your seat right before moving on to the windshield. I started by replacing the stock with a Baggershield. After purchasing the Mustang seat I moved to the 14" Klockwerks Flare which was perfect. Now that I have the Ultimate, I will likely move to the 16" Flare since the new seat set me up a little higher.

Glad you are enjoying your new ride. It only gets better as you spend additional time in the saddle and continue to learn every nuance.

TandemGeek
09-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Glad you are enjoying your new ride. It only gets better as you spend additional time in the saddle and continue to learn every nuance.

Appreciate the feedback. Definitely looking forward to (a) the Mustang saddle, and (b) getting the OEM rear shock link back on the bike. More fine tuning to follow, as you note. It's like racing, you can only adjust one thing at a time, otherwise you'll have no idea what worked and what didn't!

GaTeach
09-05-2017, 07:27 AM
Appreciate the feedback. Definitely looking forward to (a) the Mustang saddle, and (b) getting the OEM rear shock link back on the bike. More fine tuning to follow, as you note. It's like racing, you can only adjust one thing at a time, otherwise you'll have no idea what worked and what didn't!

Best bike ever :)

druggr
09-05-2017, 07:54 AM
I too like the feel, or hardness, of a Mustang seat.

As for Traxxion, if you get their MegaMonte, it will make it handle like a toy.