PDA

View Full Version : New Mustang seat

bigdawg
10-23-2013, 12:04 AM
The new seats are now pictured on their website.

Darkknight
10-23-2013, 03:46 AM
I contacted Mustang and their new seat is will sit you lower and about an inch farther back . They don't offer a rider's backrest because of the extra depth in the bucket and rise behind it will, offer support.
My delema is I just set my handlebars back to allow a more comfortable "bend" at my elbows. I don't want to lose that by sitting farther back.
Also, leg length is not a problem so I think the lower seat would only increase the knee bend when riding. Going from cruiser position to a more upright position took some time to get used to.
Last, is my passenger is very special to me. She my not want to snuggle next to me forever, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.:icon_wink: The "hump" right behind the drive looks uncomfortable for an all day ride sitting ontop of that part of the seat. If she decided to sit back next to the backrest, this seat would probably be fine.

I love the look of this seat but I think that it is not for my situation. Still waiting for Ultimate's entry in the competition.

chipmaker
10-23-2013, 06:02 AM
Yep... http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1112-Mustang-Seat

Scotrod
10-23-2013, 10:12 AM
[QUOTE=Darkknight;The "hump" right behind the drive looks uncomfortable for an all day ride sitting ontop of that part of the seat. [/QUOTE]

Sounds like this might fix that problem: http://www.viberider.com/

Have fun while you can!

fl1madmax
10-23-2013, 12:20 PM
I contacted Mustang and their new seat is will sit you lower and about an inch farther back . They don't offer a rider's backrest because of the extra depth in the bucket and rise behind it will, offer support.
My delema is I just set my handlebars back to allow a more comfortable "bend" at my elbows. I don't want to lose that by sitting farther back.
Also, leg length is not a problem so I think the lower seat would only increase the knee bend when riding. Going from cruiser position to a more upright position took some time to get used to.
Last, is my passenger is very special to me. She my not want to snuggle next to me forever, but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.:icon_wink: The "hump" right behind the drive looks uncomfortable for an all day ride sitting ontop of that part of the seat. If she decided to sit back next to the backrest, this seat would probably be fine.

I love the look of this seat but I think that it is not for my situation. Still waiting for Ultimate's entry in the competition.

he says seats ready in 3 weeks, both Standard and King, I have the first King Reserved, I will not but any other seat, after 4 scooters with Ultimate seats and thousands of miles , I believe there the best. will let my BUTT be the Judge !!!!!!! Ride Safe JB

Scotrod
10-23-2013, 12:48 PM
The Ultimate has been reported as '2-3 weeks out' for several months now.

It will eventually ~arrive~, but I wouldn't bet the farm on any specific date just yet.

Actually, we 'heard' Ultimate was going to do a F6B seat long before we knew anything about the Mustang. Sounds like folks are purchasing the Mustang as we speak. Still waiting on Ultimate,,,

Good seats are worth a little wait. I'm waiting on mine to return from modifications in California.