PDA

View Full Version : Kuryakan ergo lll or Mick o pegs

Av8er
09-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Does anyone here have the spring loaded ergo lll highway pegs? I am trying to decide between these and the Mick o pegs. If you have them, how far do they actually rotate down when to put your feet on them?

Thanks in advance.

Bighutch14
09-11-2017, 07:53 PM
I have the ergo III highway pegs. I really like them. The only spring a couple inches. I'm 6'2". I can rest my boots on them and I have a bend in my knee or I can put my heels on them and my legs are straight out. No experience with mick o pegs.

Jimmytee
09-11-2017, 07:55 PM
I like my Ergo IIIs. Have never rode with the Mic-O-Pegs. Don't really care for their looks and want more than the cylindrical pegs that I've always seen them with.

Av8er
09-11-2017, 08:11 PM
I like my Ergo IIIs. Have never rode with the Mic-O-Pegs. Don't really care for their looks and want more than the cylindrical pegs that I've always seen them with.

I have to agree that they are ugly as sin but I am one who goes for function over style. That being said , it sounds as if the ergo lll may suit me fine. I had ergo ll on my wing and wanted them down one notch from horizontal but couldn't because the would drag too much. I might just bite the bullet and order them.
Thanks

Steve 0080
09-11-2017, 08:23 PM
I have had both and prefer the Mic-o-pegs... feels like you're sitting in your lazy boy !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IELcQCrr5I&t=149s

Xrider57
09-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Does anyone here have the spring loaded ergo lll highway pegs? I am trying to decide between these and the Mick o pegs. If you have them, how far do they actually rotate down when to put your feet on them?

Thanks in advance.

I have the ergolll and really like them. For someone with longer legs the spring loaded drop is great. Since I have short legs I installed the shims and ride with them in the horizontal position. The drop was a little stretch for me. They also have adjustment on length as well.

3Chief
09-12-2017, 01:14 AM
I installed the Ergo III's earlier this summer. I only played with them a few times but I like them so far. I have a short inseam and with the pegs adjusted all the way up the work well.

crossbowme
09-12-2017, 01:39 PM
I have the Rivco Switchblade type and really like them. I had a set of Mick O'Pegs on my Goldwing. They worked fine but were really clunky in operation and looks.

Av8er
09-12-2017, 04:58 PM
Well I was all set to order the mick o pegs but I want to talk to a person prior to giving them $325 of my money. With their website being down all I have been able to do is exchange emails and have them send me a very vague invoice from PayPal. And when I say vague I mean vague. I have asked for a phone number to call and discuss a couple things with them but each time they have responded to my email and totally ignores the fact I was asking for a contact number.
I like to talk to a person!!! For all I know, they have went out of business and still collecting money. I have had that happen before and will not have it happen again. I don't think I am being unrealistic when asking this.

Guess I will have to go with the ergo lll!!! They do look a lot better anyway.

willtill
09-13-2017, 05:32 AM
Well I was all set to order the mick o pegs but I want to talk to a person prior to giving them $325 of my money. With their website being down all I have been able to do is exchange emails and have them send me a very vague invoice from PayPal. And when I say vague I mean vague. I have asked for a phone number to call and discuss a couple things with them but each time they have responded to my email and totally ignores the fact I was asking for a contact number.
I like to talk to a person!!! For all I know, they have went out of business and still collecting money. I have had that happen before and will not have it happen again. I don't think I am being unrealistic when asking this.

Guess I will have to go with the ergo lll!!! They do look a lot better anyway.

Gotta go with your gut instinct.

You won't be disappointed with the Ergo III's. Small tip though... if you ever take them apart later to re=grease the Helix... do not torque back to 30ft pounds. I had a defective set and one of them snapped and became unusable. I'd use 10 ft pounds and thread locker on the main bolt if doing it again... :shhh:

smiley
09-17-2017, 02:18 PM
Had the Ergo II's but switched to the Mick-O-Pegs. I'm 6'2" and would never go back to the Ergo's. The weird look of them is something to get used to but now it looks like normal.

Jimmytee
09-17-2017, 02:37 PM
Had the Ergo II's but switched to the Mick-O-Pegs. I'm 6'2" and would never go back to the Ergo's. The weird look of them is something to get used to but now it looks like normal.

But the Ergo IIs are not the Ergo IIIs which have much the same kind of function that the Mic-O-Pegs.

smiley
09-25-2017, 08:41 PM
But the Ergo IIs are not the Ergo IIIs which have much the same kind of function that the Mic-O-Pegs.

No they are not the same. Just adding my 2 cents. But the Ergo IIIs have no where near the range movement of the Mic-O's.