PDA

View Full Version : Interesting read about Honda video. Hint of new Gold Wing?

Jimmytee
09-15-2017, 11:36 AM
So have learned that Honda is revealing a new model of motorcycle on October 24th. They have a video which is the first in a series of videos leading up to this unveiling. This article has the video and some interesting commentary. The video does feature an original 75 Gold Wing which can only be assumed to bear some pertinent hint at what is to come.
https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/hondas-new-video-series-to-tease-upcoming-model-release?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=boosted-posts%7Ctpfn&utm_content=common-tread-news&utm_term=hondas-new-video-series-to-tease-upcoming-model-release-post-091317-%7Ctpfn

BIGLRY
09-15-2017, 12:14 PM
Nice tease.
https://media.giphy.com/media/oDLDbBgf0dkis/giphy.gif

unsub
09-15-2017, 01:42 PM
I like what I see @ 1:16 into the video...

This video has the same cadence, and schmoozey muszak in the background as any commercial produced by any of [insert product here] these days.

Don't be lulled in by the marketing and manage your expectations for something you might not like....at the big reveal in October.

Expect the worst, hope for the best!

BTW the big reveal will be at the gates of winter for 50-75% of the riding population...myself, I may be too busy cruising down the driveway in my snowblower..:yikes:

BIGLRY
09-15-2017, 02:06 PM
I like what I see @ 1:16 into the video...

This video has the same cadence, and schmoozey muszak in the background as any commercial produced by any of [insert product here] these days.

Don't be lulled in by the marketing and manage your expectations for something you might not like....at the big reveal in October.

Expect the worst, hope for the best!

BTW the big reveal will be at the gates of winter for 50-75% of the riding population...myself, I may be too busy cruising down the driveway in my snowblower..:yikes:
And why living here on the left coast I'm able to ride my steel steeds all year long.......bring on the new models mother Honda. :icon_mrgreen:

Jimmytee
09-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Keep in mind, just because they reveal a new bike, doesn't mean it will be readily available at your local dealer at that time. :icon_wink:

This is the same time frame Honda usually announces new bikes.

unsub
09-15-2017, 04:50 PM
And why living here on the left coast I'm able to ride my steel steeds all year long.......bring on the new models mother Honda. :icon_mrgreen:

:yes:

And yet a few measly miles north and it's wet and cold....:icon_doh:

unsub
09-15-2017, 04:50 PM
Keep in mind, just because they reveal a new bike, doesn't mean it will be readily available at your local dealer at that time. :icon_wink:

This is the same time frame Honda usually announces new bikes.

Yes, very true.....notworthy.

3Chief
09-15-2017, 06:23 PM

:yes:

And yet a few measly miles north and it's wet and cold....:icon_doh:

And? Wet and cold just means better M/C parking when all the fair weather folk cower in their cages for a few drops of liquid sunshine on the road. :icon_mrgreen:

Big Larry has it right though, one of the few things I enjoyed about my last TDY in SoCal was being able to ride in my draggin shirt nearly everyday for 14 months. :icon_wink:

druggr
09-15-2017, 08:10 PM
Great video, however I see nothing that suggests a new Wing is coming.

Jimmytee
09-15-2017, 10:17 PM
Great video, however I see nothing that suggests a new Wing is coming.

Uh, did you even read the article? It has been announced that Honda is unveiling a new motorcycle October 24th. These videos are a series of videos leading up to this event. No, there was no specific mention of a new Gold Wing, but in context of everything known then throw in the 1975 Gold Wing in the video it becomes pretty onvious what the inference is.

TandemGeek
09-16-2017, 04:57 AM
...but in context of everything known then throw in the 1975 Gold Wing in the video it becomes pretty onvious what the inference is.

I'm not quite sure how to connect the dots, but I'm intrigued and will anxiously await the reveal in October.

What's curious is that they start you out with a couple out riding their NC700X Adventure bike on lovely back roads. They throw in the F6B... quite a few times and the nostalgic GL1000 also being ridden on the roads less travelled not freeways.

They also throw in this snippet and that's what's really intriguing since I don't recognize that tank / frame / headlight from any Honda I've ever seen before:
https://ridingtwoup.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/screen-shot-2017-09-16-at-5-54-56-am.png?w=600

Again, it will be interesting to follow the teaser videos and while the Gold Wing is way overdue for a make-over Honda never fails to do the unexpected.

druggr
09-16-2017, 05:49 AM
Uh, did you even read the article? It has been announced that Honda is unveiling a new motorcycle October 24th. These videos are a series of videos leading up to this event. No, there was no specific mention of a new Gold Wing, but in context of everything known then throw in the 1975 Gold Wing in the video it becomes pretty onvious what the inference is.

Yes ... I read the entire article and think a new Wing is speculative at best. They not only show a GL1000 in the video but a GL1800 as well as other models they make.

To learn more about the slogan they are promoting in the video "what lies beyond" go here.

https://en.hondamotoglobal.com

98valk
09-16-2017, 11:19 AM
They show the first wing ('75) and the latest wing (F6B). They also show some bike that I don't recognize (you guys do, I'm sure). I'm afraid they are suggesting that the new wing is going to look like that other bike - yuk. We'll see pretty soon ....

Brasco
09-16-2017, 12:08 PM
What's curious is that they start you out with a couple out riding their NC700X Adventure bike on lovely back roads. They throw in the F6B... quite a few times and the nostalgic GL1000 also being ridden on the roads less travelled not freeways.

Those are great back roads for sure -- an observation at 13 second mark on the road sign. The scenic shots throughout the commercial along the river (25 sec. and 60 sec. mark) with NC700X and white B were shot in B.C. (British Columbia) in the Nicola Valley region of the Thompson Okanagan. Guessing highway 5A, 8 or 97C. Beautiful country there and quiet roads so perfect for doing a commercial like this one. So despite the California license plate on the bike, the question ya gotta ask is is that dive in Reno where Rick hangs out really in Reno? :icon_wink: Looking forward to the big unveil in October no matter what's under the tarp!

Jimmytee
09-16-2017, 12:16 PM
I'm not quite sure how to connect the dots, but I'm intrigued and will anxiously await the reveal in October.

They also throw in this snippet and that's what's really intriguing since I don't recognize that tank / frame / headlight from any Honda I've ever seen before:
https://ridingtwoup.files.wordpress.com/2017/09/screen-shot-2017-09-16-at-5-54-56-am.png?w=600

Again, it will be interesting to follow the teaser videos and while the Gold Wing is way overdue for a make-over Honda never fails to do the unexpected.
That is the current Honda Rebel

TandemGeek
09-16-2017, 01:45 PM
That is the current Honda Rebel

Good lord that's hideous... Wish I could un-see that one. :shock:

unsub
09-16-2017, 03:26 PM
Those are great back roads for sure -- an observation at 13 second mark on the road sign. The scenic shots throughout the commercial along the river (25 sec. and 60 sec. mark) with NC700X and white B were shot in B.C. (British Columbia) in the Nicola Valley region of the Thompson Okanagan. Guessing highway 5A, 8 or 97C. Beautiful country there and quiet roads so perfect for doing a commercial like this one. So despite the California license plate on the bike, the question ya gotta ask is is that dive in Reno where Rick hangs out really in Reno? :icon_wink: Looking forward to the big unveil in October no matter what's under the tarp!

Between Princeton and Merritt....? Beautiful road for sure. I can't say exactly why but it reminds me of the stretch between Twisp to Oroville Wa minus the little lakes...

unsub
09-16-2017, 03:27 PM

Can't put toothpaste back in the tube..:lolup:

Broken Hand
09-16-2017, 06:33 PM
Those are great back roads for sure -- an observation at 13 second mark on the road sign. The scenic shots throughout the commercial along the river (25 sec. and 60 sec. mark) with NC700X and white B were shot in B.C. (British Columbia) in the Nicola Valley region of the Thompson Okanagan. Guessing highway 5A, 8 or 97C. Beautiful country there and quiet roads so perfect for doing a commercial like this one.

Explains the smoky haze.

Jimmytee
09-16-2017, 08:28 PM

Actually, I've seen them in person and I think it's a pretty cool looking bike.