PDA

View Full Version : RPM One warranty

valkmc
09-16-2017, 09:36 AM
Anyone had any dealings with this company. I'm currently looking for an extended warranty and ventured into my local Honda dealer. They tried to sell me this as the Honda extended warranty. I spoke with some HD friends who bought it over the HD extended warranty and have had to use it. Both said they like it. Florida makes it a nightmare due mostly to price to purchase an extended warranty. I'm am currently researching RPM. They are national and cover all brands!

druggr
09-16-2017, 11:30 AM
There are 3 reasons I know of not to use them. First, many shops will not be the one collecting from the aftermarket insurance company. The reason ... if all the "i" and "t's" aren't crossed perfectly the claim will be denied leaving them with no payment. So they'll leave it up to the customer to make those mistakes, that way the shop gets their money for the repair. Basically, you pay and try and collect. Second, they won't pay for "known" problems. For example, a Honda dealer in Florida sold a guy one. 6 months later his transmission failed. He returned to the dealer he bought the Wing and insurance policy from, and was told by the service manager "that of coarse the insurance company is not gonna pay for a known issues." Lastly, the biggest winner in the transaction is the sales person selling it, and the dealer. The commissions are huge .... probably more then 1/2 of what you pay for the policy.

wjduke
09-16-2017, 02:32 PM
There are 3 reasons I know of not to use them. First, many shops will not be the one collecting from the aftermarket insurance company. The reason ... if all the "i" and "t's" aren't crossed perfectly the claim will be denied leaving them with no payment. So they'll leave it up to the customer to make those mistakes, that way the shop gets their money for the repair. Basically, you pay and try and collect. Second, they won't pay for "known" problems. For example, a Honda dealer in Florida sold a guy one. 6 months later his transmission failed. He returned to the dealer he bought the Wing and insurance policy from, and was told by the service manager "that of coarse the insurance company is not gonna pay for a known issues." Lastly, the biggest winner in the transaction is the sales person selling it, and the dealer. The commissions are huge .... probably more then 1/2 of what you pay for the policy.

I can agree with this in a different form but it sounds the same. In our company, tire sales, we won't get involved with third party coverage. The customer must pay up front, then make the claim themselves. We've been burned in the past with denials and won't allow it anymore. I say we in the past tense as I'm not employed there anymore.

valkmc
09-16-2017, 04:54 PM
I can agree with this in a different form but it sounds the same. In our company, tire sales, we won't get involved with third party coverage. The customer must pay up front, then make the claim themselves. We've been burned in the past with denials and won't allow it anymore. I say we in the past tense as I'm not employed there anymore.

Thanks I bought the Honda plan. $800 for 3 years! Sucks bc of Fl insurance laws that's best I could do. Called several out of state dealerships including one in NY I have a relationship with and they cannot sell the Honda warranty to Bikes registered in FL.

I have never bought an extended warranty on a bike but after my tangle with a pallet on the interstate and wanting to keep this bike I decided to buy it. I will see if it is worth it.