PDA

View Full Version : Is there a 2018 Goldwing that will be introduced this fall?

Miks
09-18-2017, 08:06 PM
So I was sent this message regarding Honda's marketing approach - a teaser perhaps? Wouldn't it be interesting to see a commercial of 30 seconds during a NASCAR race or an NFL game?

Nonetheless, I have heard November is when Honda will introduce the 2018 models, the view is that Honda will unveil a new and different GL1800.

First link is the article, second link is the video not imbeded.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/hondas-new-video-series-to-tease-upcoming-model-release

I sort of like the approach, the video is here: https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/hondas-new-video-series-to-tease-upcoming-model-release

opas ride
09-18-2017, 09:21 PM
So I was sent this message regarding Honda's marketing approach - a teaser perhaps? Wouldn't it be interesting to see a commercial of 30 seconds during a NASCAR race or an NFL game?

Nonetheless, I have heard November is when Honda will introduce the 2018 models, the view is that Honda will unveil a new and different GL1800.

First link is the article, second link is the video not imbeded.

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/hondas-new-video-series-to-tease-upcoming-model-release

I sort of like the approach, the video is here: https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/hondas-new-video-series-to-tease-upcoming-model-release

Honda will not release any info until they are ready...Ma Honda is very secretive about introduction on new models and most of us have learned not to speculate on anything until the bikes are introduced in the "flesh" so to speak......Ride safe

53driver
09-18-2017, 10:33 PM
As of earlier today, I have new reason to believe that there shall be a new introduction this fall.
Cheers,
Steve

broncsrule21
09-19-2017, 09:13 AM
As of earlier today, I have new reason to believe that there shall be a new introduction this fall.
Cheers,
Steve
Can you share?

53driver
09-19-2017, 09:17 AM
Can you share?

Nothing else to share, really. Phonecon with a buddy of mine on the inside of the industry.

druggr
09-19-2017, 09:37 AM
Your answer is probably here.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?11400-No-new-Wing&p=156455#post156455

broncsrule21
09-20-2017, 08:43 AM
Your answer is probably here.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?11400-No-new-Wing&p=156455#post156455

or here...http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?11403-More-new-Goldwing-and-F6B-pics

Broken Hand
09-23-2017, 03:24 PM
https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/gold-wing-leak?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=9/22/2017%20-%20CT&utm_term=Common%20Tread%20%7C%20Combined

stevenolts
09-23-2017, 05:10 PM
This just came in my email from RevZilla

https://www.revzilla.com/common-tread/gold-wing-leak?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=9/22/2017%20-%20CT&utm_term=Common%20Tread%20%7C%20Combined

I don't know if this is different than what has been on yet or not.

Stevenolts

druggr
09-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Is there a 2018 Goldwing that will be introduced this fall?

No ... all fake news. Honda doesn't have the funds to come out with a new GoldWings as well as make all their other models Euro 5 compatible.

Jimmytee
09-23-2017, 06:09 PM

No ... all fake news. Honda doesn't have the funds to come out with a new GoldWings as well as make all their other models Euro 5 compatible.

:icon_doh::popcorn:

Blk6bgg6
09-23-2017, 07:07 PM
I do believe those pics are ligit,who knows.I believe honda is ready to make a move with the wing.They certainly have the funds to do this.I know it's got stale but they really really keep things tight lipped.As associate their I see this with new models,if you are not directly involved with new model car or engine it's on the low down..Have faith ,yeah I like what I see ,o boy the wife know I be getting the itch

RoadSurfer
09-24-2017, 07:59 AM

But you've gotta admit there is something way wrong about this particular image. It's not a photo but an "artist's rendering" and it has the rider possessing gargantuan proportions in comparison to any bike of the current Wing's size.

53driver
09-24-2017, 08:10 AM

Not according to their shareholder reports.....they've lots of resources they could levy.
Cheers,
Steve

Miks
09-24-2017, 10:21 AM
Reading some of the commments left on RevZilla, with the argument that the current version still gets it done. TRUE, but the market is what dictates that definition.

The GL1800 continues to lose market share, once considered THE only touring bike to consider, this is no longer the case. One element that is sorely missing in the F6B and GL1800 happens to be the tech package. While most of us would agree we don't buy a motorcycle to have all these complicated electronic gadgets in the dash, the fact remains Indian, Harley Davidson, and now Yamaha have identified the touch screen BlueTooth enabled system IS a deal breaker for many.

The market dictates the development and need for upgrades. Harley has continued to refine it's "Boom Audio" with touchscreen, while Indian has the ride command system that if it wasn't a big deal, why did they split the tach/speedo unit with this gaudy square screen???? Yamaha, yeah it's a touch screen that makes connecting to your helmet for listening, and connecting to your phone easy.

I have noted MANY Honda dealers frustrated with the GL1800. They have to discount the crap out of them to sell them, and they don't order as many as they once did. Time for Honda to upgrade the flagship for certain sure! I hope they do the electronic suspension that is adjustable on the fly. If you have used BMW's system, you will LOVE IT should Honda make it available!

VStarRider
09-25-2017, 07:12 PM
Reading some of the commments left on RevZilla, with the argument that the current version still gets it done. TRUE, but the market is what dictates that definition.

The GL1800 continues to lose market share, once considered THE only touring bike to consider, this is no longer the case. One element that is sorely missing in the F6B and GL1800 happens to be the tech package. While most of us would agree we don't buy a motorcycle to have all these complicated electronic gadgets in the dash, the fact remains Indian, Harley Davidson, and now Yamaha have identified the touch screen BlueTooth enabled system IS a deal breaker for many.

The market dictates the development and need for upgrades. Harley has continued to refine it's "Boom Audio" with touchscreen, while Indian has the ride command system that if it wasn't a big deal, why did they split the tach/speedo unit with this gaudy square screen???? Yamaha, yeah it's a touch screen that makes connecting to your helmet for listening, and connecting to your phone easy.

I have noted MANY Honda dealers frustrated with the GL1800. They have to discount the crap out of them to sell them, and they don't order as many as they once did. Time for Honda to upgrade the flagship for certain sure! I hope they do the electronic suspension that is adjustable on the fly. If you have used BMW's system, you will LOVE IT should Honda make it available!

You are referring to me. I do like all that wizardry and gadgetry. I live with the audio system on the F6B, it gets the job done with a bunch of cords, but the Indian I rented in Texas last year was light years ahead in terms of tech.

Put a good audio system on it, cruise, ABS, and keep everything else the same, as far as I am concerned. Well...I would take the DCT, also...:icon_cool:

Jimmytee
09-25-2017, 07:21 PM
You are referring to me. I do like all that wizardry and gadgetry. I live with the audio system on the F6B, it gets the job done with a bunch of cords, but the Indian I rented in Texas last year was light years ahead in terms of tech.

Put a good audio system on it, cruise, ABS, and keep everything else the same, as far as I am concerned. Well...I would take the DCT, also...:icon_cool:

"coffee" Well there is a fix for the audio. :icon_biggrin: Jus' sayn'

motozeke
10-01-2017, 02:07 PM
Not according to their shareholder reports.....they've lots of resources they could levy.
Cheers,
Steve

Seriously, no major updates to the platform for 15 years. They are way overdue and they know it, I'd wager. I'm betting this is real.

VStarRider
10-01-2017, 03:21 PM
Seriously, no major updates to the platform for 15 years. They are way overdue and they know it, I'd wager. I'm betting this is real.

Well, those pics and the story are making into legitimate news sources in the motor industry, just saw another one yesterday....therefore, I believe it is true.

The Gold Wing has an incredibly long life cycle...last update prior to 2001 (current version) was 1987, I believe.

So, whatever you see this fall, get used to seeing it until about 2033.

VStarRider
10-01-2017, 06:47 PM
Add Bike Bandit to the list of motorcycle news sources reporting these pics and info on the 2018 Wing.

Phantom
11-04-2017, 10:08 PM

:duck: