PDA

View Full Version : These LED badge ring lights....

willtill
09-24-2017, 01:08 PM
..how warm are they supposed to get?

Mine get pretty warm... almost hot.. but not to the point where you can't touch it.

Your experiences?

http://store.valueaccessories.net/WhiteLEDLightRingsGoldWing12andF6B.aspx

Steve 0080
09-24-2017, 03:49 PM
Good question...when I installed them I don't remember them being hot..... and have never checked them either...

How long are yours on before they become hot?

willtill
09-24-2017, 04:29 PM
Good question...when I installed them I don't remember them being hot..... and have never checked them either...

How long are yours on before they become hot?

Not long at all... maybe a couple of minutes. I just installed them this afternoon.

I know that LED's can get hot... but the ones that are very hot (such as a heallight application) come with heat sinks.

Next time you go outside; turn yours on and let it sit for a couple of minutes.. and let me know the temp you feel with your fingertips. Maybe it's normal... if enough people say so...

RickW
09-24-2017, 05:43 PM
Not long at all... maybe a couple of minutes. I just installed them this afternoon.

I know that LED's can get hot... but the ones that are very hot (such as a heallight application) come with heat sinks.

Next time you go outside; turn yours on and let it sit for a couple of minutes.. and let me know the temp you feel with your fingertips. Maybe it's normal... if enough people say so...

The new version which is 12 volt is a little hotter then the old version. There are a lot of led's compacted in a very small area and they are really bright.
A lot of people including myself have the old version installed which has the resistor boxes and runs at 5 volts.
The new version is better and much easier to install.

willtill
09-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Thanks Rick.

I will keep them under observation.

I would think that they will be sufficiently cooled while underway... not too concerned at this point. Just was wondering....

Damned things are certainly bright. Me likes. :yes: