PDA

View Full Version : Honda Gold Wing or other MC Touring Associations-- Do you Belong?

db24
10-24-2013, 08:43 PM
This website is as close to a F6B "association" as could be accomplished with so few of us owners-- and this is a great website! And maybe I'll make it to the second annual meeting next summer. However, in the meantime I wonder if any of you also belong to other Gold Wing associations? Is there anything there for us? GWRRA or? I'm not generally much of a joiner and I don't really consider motorcycling a team sport, but like any hobby its always nice to keep up with trends, accessories, mods, maintenance issues, etc. Looks like some offer discounts, monthly magazines. What are your thoughts?

Steve 0080
10-24-2013, 09:41 PM
Been there and done that ..... I for two am not a joiner as well...I do like to be with like minded people but " clubs" just seem to get in the way of riding...JMHO

bobbyf6b
10-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Been there and done that ..... I for two am not a joiner as well...I do like to be with like minded people but " clubs" just seem to get in the way of riding...JMHO

AMEN!

How do you spell club?

D-R-A-M-A

Hornblower
10-25-2013, 07:29 AM
I joined GWRRA but I'm not really sure why:iduno: The stereo-typical member seems to be into vests, patches, pins, and riding two-up. Not that there's anything at all wrong with that but that is definitely NOT my thing. That said, I have gotten to know a local group of Wing riders that I meet just about every Wednesday morning for breakfast (including my good friend DeerSlayer) and they are an absolute hoot. Sometimes, we even go riding:shock:

Yeahoo Whoyah
10-25-2013, 07:54 AM
always nice to keep up with trends, accessories, mods, maintenance issues, etc.

Once upon a time clubs were good for that, not anymore. Now we have the internet and Forums like this one to share information. No GWRRA for me.

kjelders
10-25-2013, 08:52 AM
I use to belong to a local H.O.G Chapter. It was more about who you know. A good ride for the chapter would be less than 50 miles. I checked out a local GWRRA group as well. Good people, but they spend more time in meetings than riding.

Deer Slayer
10-25-2013, 09:06 AM
I am in GWRRA for the mag. I am a one up rider as my wife of 51 years has vertigo and has never ridden. You should read Fred Rau's piece back page of Motorcycle Consumer News, Nov 2013 edition. By the way my wife gave me my first Goldwing for Christmas 2003! Yes she has a sister.. lol..

Deer Slayer
10-25-2013, 09:16 AM
What Hornblower refered to is ROMEO. Retired old motorcyclist eating out. I started this a couple of years ago and the number goes up and down. Retirement is such a busy time. HA. If you are in the Triad area of North Carolina drop in. We meet on Wed at 09:00, the place is Tucker's in the uptown epée center of Advance, NC. See Ya...

Big Dawg
10-25-2013, 09:53 AM
I joined GWRRA but I'm not really sure why:iduno: The stereo-typical member seems to be into vests, patches, pins, and riding two-up. Not that there's anything at all wrong with that but that is definitely NOT my thing. That said, I have gotten to know a local group of Wing riders that I meet just about every Wednesday morning for breakfast (including my good friend DeerSlayer) and they are an absolute hoot. Sometimes, we even go riding:shock:

I to was a member of my local HOG chapter, in fact I was the founding president and served for two years. I equate it to trying to herd cats. After that I joined the GWRRA and soon figured out that it stood for Gold Wing Restaurant Raiders Association

opas ride
10-25-2013, 10:04 AM
When I was riding my Victory Vision I was a member of the VMC and the Wolverine State MC..Both good clubs and I did attend some gatherings, but at almost 74 now,. those things are less important to me and I just enjoy riding by myself mostly and stopping when and where I want. Badges, pins, etc. are okay for those that want or like them, but I am no longer trying to impress anyone or anything with a bunch of stuff on my bike or riding gear....JMHO

bobbyf6b
10-25-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm still a member of my HOG chapter. I still ride with them too. I get some ribbing but it's no big deal, I know at the end of the day I'm not a slave to HD anymore. :icon_mrgreen:

Westernbiker
10-25-2013, 10:57 AM
I still belong to the VRCC (Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club) This is a world wide club with a chapter in every state and country around the globe. There is a National Board (Forum) That is very well populated with all kinds of info and rides and people and so on and so fourth. Basically the way this board is but much much bigger. There also is a board for every state and every country. They have some pretty big events every year and they don't care if you do not ride a Valkyrie. I have been on some rides with the Arizona chapter, a very good group of guys and gals. I am just not much into group riding any more but I still like to keep up with things. Any way, check out the VRCC on line there could be an event near you in the future. Maybe combine a Valkyrie event with an F6B event? Ya never know!

kjelders
10-25-2013, 11:05 AM
I'm still a member of my HOG chapter. I still ride with them too. I get some ribbing but it's no big deal, I know at the end of the day I'm not a slave to HD anymore. :icon_mrgreen:

I'm still a national H.O.G member. I save 17% on my AT&T cell bill each month for being a member. That's worth more than the $54 yearly membership dues.

Scotrod
10-25-2013, 01:12 PM
We all have different reasons for riding. I ride to get away from it all,,, people included!

No real inclination to be a member of any club, group, gathering, etc. (The Boy Scouts were my last 'club')

Actually kind of nice to be a 'nobody',, I might be surrounded by 50,000 people and it's just fine by me if I don't know or speak to any of 'em,,,

So why am I here? To learn about 'all things F6B'. If the forum was based on 'something else', I wouldn't be here. Simple enuff, eh? :icon_wink:

fsixb_AZ
10-25-2013, 07:20 PM
We all have different reasons for riding. I ride to get away from it all,,, people included!

No real inclination to be a member of any club, group, gathering, etc. (The Boy Scouts were my last 'club')

Actually kind of nice to be a 'nobody',, I might be surrounded by 50,000 people and it's just fine by me if I don't know or speak to any of 'em,,,

So why am I here? To learn about 'all things F6B'. If the forum was based on 'something else', I wouldn't be here. Simple enuff, eh? :icon_wink:

Couldn't of said it better Scotrod. :cheers:

Scotrod
10-25-2013, 09:53 PM
I need to add there is nothing wrong with folks who want to be in an organization / group / whatever. Just isn't something I want. Never really has been.
(The 'Boy Scout' thing was my Parents idea!!! LOL!!!)

Deer Slayer
10-26-2013, 06:29 AM
The 4H Club was a tough one too. lol...