PDA

View Full Version : This is the essence of motorcycling...

willtill
09-29-2017, 06:23 AM
...regarding how any particular one may embrace it. :icon_wink:

This guy is a member of the VFW I belong to. He a Marine, and wanted to get back into motorcycles... he picked up this Honda 750 for $800.00 a whiles back and has been slowly restoring it's soul. It had some mechanical issues but he has been able to fix them; he really has met the challenges with this Honda.

You really have to see it in person to appreciate it. Here's a still from my helmet camera:

http://i66.tinypic.com/funfk1.jpg

He's applied all kinds of personal touches with a military flair. He's slowly blacking it out; heat taping the pipes, looks like a "mad Max" sort of rat bike... but it's very interesting and he likes it; which is very important. You can sense his enormous pride in it and that makes me feel good as well. :yes:

A motorcycle is, and can be a reflection of who you are. They do have souls... developed and nurtured by their owners.

Navvet
09-29-2017, 08:08 AM
:icon_smflag:'riding'

GaTeach
09-29-2017, 08:08 AM
I love this

53driver
09-29-2017, 12:09 PM
That. Is. Awesome.

Semper Fi, Marine!!!!

Brewdog
09-29-2017, 05:22 PM
Awesome story !! Thanks !

shortleg0521
09-29-2017, 07:43 PM
...regarding how any particular one may embrace it. :icon_wink:

This guy is a member of the VFW I belong to. He a Marine, and wanted to get back into motorcycles... he picked up this Honda 750 for $800.00 a whiles back and has been slowly restoring it's soul. It had some mechanical issues but he has been able to fix them; he really has met the challenges with this Honda.

You really have to see it in person to appreciate it. Here's a still from my helmet camera:

http://i66.tinypic.com/funfk1.jpg

He's applied all kinds of personal touches with a military flair. He's slowly blacking it out; heat taping the pipes, looks like a "mad Max" sort of rat bike... but it's very interesting and he likes it; which is very important. You can sense his enormous pride in it and that makes me feel good as well. :yes:

A motorcycle is, and can be a reflection of who you are. They do have souls... developed and nurtured by their owners.

Don't have to tell you this, but keep him in to it.

It will do so much for him.

speedjunkie
09-29-2017, 08:16 PM
I like it! Well done!

Mike

Bill_C
09-30-2017, 07:36 PM
Awesome bike, especially the section with the flags.