PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Goldwing

Zteve
10-02-2017, 09:17 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_6JNFupWAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3RMkqE7lM (shows a rear view but it looks like it may be the current bike)

druggr
10-02-2017, 02:01 PM
Oh my ... more fake news.

xgringo
10-02-2017, 03:12 PM
Hey Zteve!!
Thanks for the post!! I've been having a tun of fun following all this. However, I'm hoping it's all untrue because then my B will start looking obsolete.

F6B1911
10-02-2017, 09:43 PM
Oh my ... more fake news.

Maybe, Maybe not... Visor Down is claiming the PICs are leaked press kit photos.

unsub
10-02-2017, 11:11 PM
Maybe, Maybe not... Visor Down is claiming the PICs are leaked press kit photos.

I would add that the voice over presenter seems to be very knowledgeable and has an eye for the details. At the very least I rate this as the most legitimate source for who-knows-what so far.

Jimmytee
10-03-2017, 06:05 AM
I would add that the voice over presenter seems to be very knowledgeable and has an eye for the details. At the very least I rate this as the most legitimate source for who-knows-what so far.

I watched that video several days ago when it was posted on Facebook. My reaction was that the narrator was a little off or behind on some of what he said. Actuators for lane safety control? More like steering dampeners . DCT is not an automatic and all the rumors are that it will be a 7 spd DCT as an option with 6 spd manual.

53driver
10-03-2017, 07:39 AM
I watched that video several days ago when it was posted on Facebook. My reaction was that the narrator was a little off or behind on some of what he said. Actuators for lane safety control? More like steering dampeners . DCT is not an automatic and all the rumors are that it will be a 7 spd DCT as an option with 6 spd manual.

+1. I noticed what we might call a bit of "interpretive license" in the narrative as well.

unsub
10-03-2017, 12:25 PM

OK then, thanks for pointing that out. I'm not an engineer, nor am I on facebook. Now that you've pointed out that it was posted on fb it makes sense. It's up to the fb information standard - :bsII:

BUT, I'm gonna re watch it just to get my hopes up .....again.

Walcrow
10-03-2017, 12:38 PM
I called my dealer here in town. Told him to give me right of first refusal on the first "NEW" F6B he gets, IF that ever happens. ............Nice guy, no deposit required :popcorn:

WingStuff
10-03-2017, 12:57 PM
We wrote about this on our blog (http://wingstuff.com/blog_detail/65999_spoilers_ahead_images_of_the_new_2018_goldwi ng) a couple weeks ago when the photos were first leaked. Is it real? Is it fake? I guess we'll find out near the end of the month but it sure is fun to speculate!

It seems like, overall, if these are the new F6B & GL? the general reaction is pretty positive.