PDA

View Full Version : No miles on the odometer

MichaelG
10-25-2013, 04:04 PM
I just got off the phone with forum member...HondaBikePro...and after discussing his ride from Washington State to Florida, and back, and all the weather related trials he went through, we then discuss my bike, and that it is very near completion in his shop.:icon_lol:

Then...THEN...the dirty dog tells me that he got back at me in our personal war (for the fun of it) of a mileage contest, because he repalced my entire intrument cluster on the bike...everything...and now my bike shows ZERO miles on the new odometer. What a low-down-dirty-trick.:icon_frown:

When I brought my bike to his shop, 38 days ago, he and I compared miles on our two F6Bs, and we discovered that we were within about 100 miles of each other. Both close to or at 18,500 miles. Then, he tears my bike all apart so I can't ride it, and he takes off and rides 7400 miles to Florida and back, and laughs the entire way. Right now I think he has a total of about 26,500 miles on his bike (my estimation), and...my bike will be showing ZERO miles on it.:icon_rolleyes:

So, I told him, well...I might as well trade it in on thast brand new F6B he has sitting on the showroom floor, VIN # 001917, as I should get good trade-in value on mine, since it has ZERO miles on it. He laughs and reminds me that I would need to fill out the Odometer Report at time of sale.
So I guess that trick won't work :icon_doh:

Anybody want to buy a 2013 Honda F6B with Zero miles on the odometer ? :icon_wink:

I love my bike...so I will keep it. But I know...it really should be showing 18,555 more miles on it than it is going to show.:shhh:

kjelders
10-25-2013, 04:10 PM
You can advertise it as Never Laid Down, Garage kept, no scratches or dents, lightening proof..........

Scotrod
10-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Any idea how long till it's done?
I'm about to have 2 out of 3 weekends go by with PRISTINE riding weather,,, and no seat,,, Seems like a long time, but not near as long as others who have had to wait.
Are you AOK to ride now, or still working with the DR?

MichaelG
10-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Any idea how long till it's done?
I'm about to have 2 out of 3 weekends go by with PRISTINE riding weather,,, and no seat,,, Seems like a long time, but not near as long as others who have had to wait.
Are you AOK to ride now, or still working with the DR?

Now see...if you had asked me...I would have sent you my RDL seat to put on your bike, while you waited for your new seat to be made. All you had to do was ask. My bike "may" be ready late today or tomorrow. I just got off the phone with Dale, and during the QA test ride, they found a couple problems. This does not surprise me. I expected it. When you have electrical damages that are in excess of $ 8,000.00, plus the additional accessories damage of over $ 2,000.00, there is bound to be hidden items that take a few test rides to iron out. I have the utmost confidence in Dale, and I am allowing him to do what he needs to, with no rush on my part.

I believe I can ride. Time will tell...time and miles. I am still working with the docs, and have 2 doc appts. scheduled for 2 weeks from today. Ultimately, they will have to do surgery on both ears to rebuild the ear drums.

Cool Hand Luke
10-25-2013, 07:03 PM
'...and now my bike shows ZERO miles on the new odometer.'

That suddenly makes me about ten thousand miles ahead of you Miles! I wonder how long before you catch up... hm, probably a week once bike is ready :icon_wink:

Hornblower
10-26-2013, 07:41 AM
I believe I can ride. Time will tell...time and miles. I am still working with the docs, and have 2 doc appts. scheduled for 2 weeks from today. Ultimately, they will have to do surgery on both ears to rebuild the ear drums.

Even if balance-impaired, I believe you can ride too! :clap2: I say that considering you were able to ride in shock and barely conscious immediately after the lightning strike. In addition to that, several of us witnessed you riding my brother's twisted bike after he crashed. I don't think I would have wanted to try that with handlebars pointing 53.14159 degrees from the intended direction. You do have limits however...like when that nice farmer directed you to ride that seriously damaged bike up a really steep and rutted-out dirt path. Just goes to show...you have to ride your own ride! :icon_wink: Hope your recovery goes well!

MichaelG
10-26-2013, 07:53 AM
Even if balance-impaired, I believe you can ride too! :clap2: I say that considering you were able to ride in shock and barely conscious immediately after the lightning strike. In addition to that, several of us witnessed you riding my brother's twisted bike after he crashed. I don't think I would have wanted to try that with handlebars pointing 53.14159 degrees from the intended direction. You do have limits however...like when that nice farmer directed you to ride that seriously damaged bike up a really steep and rutted-out dirt path. Just goes to show...you have to ride your own ride! :icon_wink: Hope your recovery goes well!

Thank you Ken. :wheelchair wheelie:

Scotrod
10-26-2013, 09:57 AM
All you had to do was ask. My bike "may" be ready late today or tomorrow. I just got off the phone with Dale, and during the QA test ride, they found a couple problems. This does not surprise me. I expected it. When you have electrical damages that are in excess of $ 8,000.00, plus the additional accessories damage of over $ 2,000.00, there is bound to be hidden items that take a few test rides to iron out. I have the utmost confidence in Dale, and I am allowing him to do what he needs to, with no rush on my part.

Considering the extent and type of damage, I doubt anyone could have gotten it right the first time. Talk about a nest full of Gremilins!!! Nice to have a dealer you can have 110% faith in as well!

You'll be able to tell in short order what new/different limitations you may have. I can only try to attempt to see myself in the same situation. I know I would be trying to define / push my boundaries. I also know I'd need to keep reminding myself to work up to that point slowly.

Really hard to say what precautions might be required. Your experience level will work in your favor, but as you say, time will tell.

One can only assume it will be 'an improving situation', so that alone gives both hope and the knowledge that there's no real rush to ~figure it all out/conquer it all~ today.

Be safe, HAVE FUN! :yes:

1951vbs
10-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Miles,

All sounds like good news (except for the ear drum repair) although I think you knew there was a good chance of that. I have faith that you will ride again like the wind!

Best wishes-Mike
:cheers: