PDA

View Full Version : What is the best heated jacket liner?

stevenolts
10-17-2017, 02:49 PM
I have had the Tourmaster Synergy heated jacket liner for seven years and it has been great. There were initial problems with the power cable and now I the power keeps turning off. I have heard about the Gerbing is it better.

Has anyone used both the Tourmaster Synergy heated jacket and the Gerbing?

Stevenolts

Steve 0080
10-17-2017, 03:24 PM
Cycle Gear.... Perfect.... go long sleeve !!!!! They have a sale now where the controller is FREE !!!

https://www.cyclegear.com/store-location/cycle-gear-bridgeton-missouri-store-89

Hornblower
10-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Only someone who has tried all makes of heater liners could actually answer your question. That being the case, I can't answer it either but I can say that my Gerbing liner and controller has been excellent. In fact, a wireless controller was recently introduced and I'm now using that. This has greatly improved the convenience of controlling the liners since it features a wireless battery-powered remote transmitter mounted where I can easily reach it. The receiver control module stays in my liner pocket. For me, this was a game-changer.

Steve 0080
10-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Alright Ken....... now I'm jealous !!!

JGF6B
10-17-2017, 05:40 PM
I don't really have anything to add but I do want to point out that Tourmaster also has a wireless remote controller. I wouldn't be surprised if the same company made the controllers for both companies.
I've been very happy with my Tourmaster jacket liner but it is the only one I've tried. I especially like the high heated neck.

Steve 0080
10-17-2017, 05:46 PM
Lets talk about MONEY and the real amount of use= $ per use. $179.00

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/hotwired-heated-jacket-liner-20

With free controller !!!!!

Hornblower
10-17-2017, 06:11 PM
Alright Ken....... now I'm jealous !!!

No need, Steve. You live in sunny Florida! Me, OTOH, I ride all winter in the Western NC mountains. It gets a bit "nippy" in the early mornings.

Jimmytee
10-17-2017, 08:06 PM
My wife got me covered from my feet , pants , jacket liner and glove liners with a dual controller a few years ago, Best Christmas present ever. It's all First Gear stuff. She shopped for deals on line. I think she got all of it for around the $400 mark. Been pretty happy with it all.

olegoat345
10-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Check out: webbike.com they test all kinds of bike stuff, they'll give you all the pros & cons ==============OR ============you could move to FL. & not need one.

3Chief
10-17-2017, 10:30 PM
I luv my Gerbing gloves, I'm fairly warm blooded and don't require the liner yet. I did however freeze my hands pretty bad quading several years ago and they don't like the cold at all now. The gerbings are a high quality item. The GF has a heated jacket from Cabelas that works pretty good too.

stevenolts
10-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Even in Florida I imagine at 5:00am in January / February it may be a little cold.

My thoughts are why be cold ever. I have always carried in my bag and use the heated liner whenever I need it. Keeping warm keeps your mind sharper and you happier overall. This leads to a better riding experience.

Thank you for your help.

Hopefully after I clean the connections and use a little dielectric grease my Tourmaster will work correctly again.

Stevenolts

willtill
10-18-2017, 09:59 AM
For the past two days I've been riding in 44 degree ambient temps @ 70-80mph for roughly one hour periods; with nothing more than a Olympia mesh jacket with liner :shhh:

The F6B provides some good wind protection, I can attest to that.

Netherless I shall be breaking out my Gerbing gear once I see the temps dip below 40 degree's. :yes:

stevenolts
10-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Get out there and surf son!!!

Stevenolts

3Chief
10-18-2017, 08:09 PM
For the past two days I've been riding in 44 degree ambient temps @ 70-80mph for roughly one hour periods; with nothing more than a Olympia mesh jacket with liner :shhh:

The F6B provides some good wind protection, I can attest to that.

Netherless I shall be breaking out my Gerbing gear once I see the temps dip below 40 degree's. :yes:

I generally work swings here in the NW. I finally had to put away my Draggin Shirt due to the cool rides home. Now its my leather with a sweatshirt underneath and soon enough my garbing gloves... or today wetsuit and snorkel...:rainyday:'windy'

willtill
10-18-2017, 08:39 PM
I generally work swings here in the NW. I finally had to put away my Draggin Shirt due to the cool rides home. Now its my leather with a sweatshirt underneath and soon enough my garbing gloves... or today wetsuit and snorkel...:rainyday:'windy'

yeah... noting your use of "swings"... I'd like to apply that to temps this time of year...

Could be 38 degree's when you ride out in the morning here... then later it's 70 degree's (perfect) when your riding back home. Crazy temp changes for motorcycling but I do it. :icon_wink:

Heatnbeat
10-18-2017, 09:07 PM
Yep; went to work with frost and a heated jacket, came home with sun and a t shirt good riding though:icon_lol:

3Chief
10-18-2017, 10:36 PM
yeah... noting your use of "swings"... I'd like to apply that to temps this time of year...

Could be 38 degree's when you ride out in the morning here... then later it's 70 degree's (perfect) when your riding back home. Crazy temp changes for motorcycling but I do it. :icon_wink:

Yep; went to work with frost and a heated jacket, came home with sun and a t shirt good riding though:icon_lol:

Either of those would be nice, I head to work and it 60+ and come home in the thirties some nights...Could be a cold winter...I got spoiled with that winter in San Diego :icon_doh:

K/W Motoman
10-20-2017, 06:32 PM
Milwaukee Jacket usually used by the trades when working outside.
Has a rechargeable battery that fits inside your jacket on your hip.
Two of us have them and think they are the best thing ever for a rider in cooler climates says the F6B owner in Canada. There is two levels of heat and can last up to five hours.
I didn’t want a cable attaching me to the bike. I give it two thumbs up!!

willtill
10-21-2017, 07:02 AM
Milwaukee Jacket usually used by the trades when working outside.
Has a rechargeable battery that fits inside your jacket on your hip.
Two of us have them and think they are the best thing ever for a rider in cooler climates says the F6B owner in Canada. There is two levels of heat and can last up to five hours.
I didn’t want a cable attaching me to the bike. I give it two thumbs up!!

It doesn't seem that the Milwaukee Jacket offers heat in the sleeves though...?

Gerbing jacket liners do provide for that.

Verismo
10-29-2017, 03:56 AM
I'm on my second season with the hotwired gear from Cyclegear. I like it. Warms thoroughly, was about 400 for pants, jacket, gloves, and shoe soles. They say it comes with an unconditional lifetime warranty, which is why I bought it. 400 dollars for life? Seemed like a great investment to me and I'm still really enjoying it.

Jason

lloydmoore1
10-29-2017, 08:42 AM
https://www.costco.ca/Fired-Up-Unisex-Black-Heated-Vest-Liner.product.100386427.html?catalogId=11201&langId=-24&storeId=10302&krypto=7%2FZepVRkI171f%2Bc9%2BbYuIL8REsNRxxExlANSl NqMmSeulJo5WGyO%2B%2BBpUMz4iP3ptaXpLUbj8DvwIKdOYXa 5Z6xqf4EbZqyAHifu%2BBw3GDFW7a5HnHN5tirX%2BWCF2fLum kLhwt%2Fa9wYmr9wLh8Qkew%3D%3D

Fired Up Unisex Black Heated Vest Liner

naga viper
10-29-2017, 10:51 AM
This is the brand that I have https://www.ventureheat.com/11-power-sports
Gt-40 jacket liner and gt -30 pants liner notes that jacket and pants controls are built-in
And jacket is wireless also. And all plug into one another.
Heat up is milliseconds