PDA

View Full Version : You meet the nicest people on Honda

Texas F6B
10-19-2017, 03:55 PM
Remembering the Honda quote from yesteryear. So is it still true?

unsub
10-19-2017, 04:10 PM
Sometimes..

opas ride
10-19-2017, 04:14 PM

For the most part I would say yes...Although many HD riders are cool and decent folks, the majority are, in my opinion, self-centered, ego maniacs who live in fantasy land on their loud, slow, obnoxious, and chromed "Hogs"..., too blind to see that there are many other bikes out there that would put theirs to shame!!!....Ride safe

lloydmoore1
10-19-2017, 04:20 PM
Apparently not...:yikes:

https://i.imgur.com/5lUk1Xc.jpg

Flhfxd
10-19-2017, 04:36 PM
For the most part I would say yes...Although many HD riders are cool and decent folks, the majority are, in my opinion, self-centered, ego maniacs who live in fantasy land on their loud, slow, obnoxious, and chromed "Hogs"...,to blind to see that there are many other bikes out there that would put there's to shame!!!....Ride safe

Geez man I hope you don't really believe what you're saying....live and let live (or ride)

thumper 549
10-19-2017, 05:54 PM
For the most part I would say yes...Although many HD riders are cool and decent folks, the majority are, in my opinion, self-centered, ego maniacs who live in fantasy land on their loud, slow, obnoxious, and chromed "Hogs"...,to blind to see that there are many other bikes out there that would put there's to shame!!!....Ride safe

As I have said B4-
Most HD riders today have bought the bike out of a bucket list wish.
To be Koool.
They did not grow up with motorcycles.
They have always liked the thought of one.
I am not sure they even deserve one.
They sold their souls to make sure they had retirement and stufffffff.
Now they want to fit in somewhere.
Today's bunch could not tell you a damn thing about the bike.
Oh, they can mention some cliches!
"AMF sucks"....LOL
Ptt pudd heads.
They are white-knuckled at 45MPH.
Every time I see a string of cars going slow, it is always because some "Hog"
rider is hogging the road and too stupid to move over for a moment and let traffic by.
Or perhaps too scared to look in the mirrors....
Yes, i have always owned Harleys and currently, have a Road King too.
I think I know what I am talking about.

53driver
10-19-2017, 06:20 PM
As an owner of Harley Davidson stock - I TRULY appreciate those in-duh-viduals (self-included) who buy into that lifestyle.

However, my Isleen and I will not be separated any time soon.
Cheers,
Steve

opas ride
10-19-2017, 06:48 PM
Geez man I hope you don't really believe what you're saying....live and let live (or ride)

Believe what you feel is necessary in your world, but most of the Harley riders I have been around are just so "stuck on themselves" and the HD image thing, that can't see beyond the end of their nose...Most hang-out in the dealer lots, polish the chrome, drink some beers, and discuss how many times their bike has broken down...I live in an neighborhood that has 4 HD's in the area and they all act alike...Ride with no helmets, tattoos up the "ying-yang, exhausts so loud you can hear them from 1/2 mile away. and man do they think they are "cool".....If they only knew!!!....Ride safe

willtill
10-19-2017, 07:05 PM
Believe what you feel is necessary in your world, but most of the Harley riders I have been around are just so "stuck on themselves" and the HD image thing, that can't see beyond the end of their nose...Most hang-out in the dealer lots, polish the chrome, drink some beers, and discuss how many times their bike has broken down...I live in an neighborhood that has 4 HD's in the area and they all act alike...Ride with no helmets, tattoos up the "ying-yang, exhausts so loud you can hear them from 1/2 mile away. and man do they think they are "cool".....If they only knew!!!....Ride safe

Prolly 'cause your nearer to Milwaukee than others... isn't that the bastion of Harley Davidson?

Flhfxd
10-19-2017, 07:34 PM

Yes Harley Corporation has done an impressive job of marketing Hollywood to the gullible. Most HD riders I know (myself included) just like to ride a lot and drink beer. And talk a lot about bikes, our kids, girls, the latest backyard project and the like. I can't wait to get me an F6B. My buddies think it's a cool idea too. Dypshits are not brand specific...they're all around us. Ride safe.

3Chief
10-19-2017, 07:52 PM

The trade off IME is that HD groups are a lot more inclusive than other groups...Mostly as they are trying to sell you on the "lifestyle". However like it or not Mother Honda has her fair share of jerks too. HD riders may generally be the most arrogant but many Wing and Beamer guys aren't that far behind... Back when I rode a Yamaha V-Star I had several run ins with Wing riders and Beamerites in groups that were very noninclusive. Either let me pass or don't ride like asshats just because I dropped into formation with you.

opas ride
10-19-2017, 09:22 PM
The trade off IME is that HD groups are a lot more inclusive than other groups...Mostly as they are trying to sell you on the "lifestyle". However like it or not Mother Honda has her fair share of jerks too. HD riders may generally be the most arrogant but many Wing and Beamer guys aren't that far behind... Back when I rode a Yamaha V-Star I had several run ins with Wing riders and Beamerites in groups that were very noninclusive. Either let me pass or don't ride like asshats just because I dropped into formation with you.

Good post and I agree with you for the most part...I mostly ride by myself these days as I am pushing 78 years old and have,"been there and done that"....Use to ride with 4 friends until health issues got 3 of them...Two HD's and one BMW and me....Times are changing as are people that ride bikes....Ride and enjoy each day is all I hope for anymore.....Be safe

BIGLRY
10-19-2017, 11:56 PM
https://i1.wp.com/canadamotoguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/soichiro_honda_WWSD.jpg?fit=720%2C429&ssl=1&resize=350%2C200
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/221136760588-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

unsub
10-21-2017, 01:49 PM

I think you'll meet "nice" people on any sort of ride because it's the two wheel choice that is the bond between us. As in any sector of our society you'll meet those that are antisocial by nature or more comfortable in their their own cliques. I think Harley owners fall into the latter...mostly.

It's interesting to me anyway, that in our society today outlaws have set the lifestyle and fashion standard that many law abiding citizen's aspire to. Pimped out cars, Tattoos, and of course Harley's and Harley apparel. Some people just drink that stuff up...:shrug:

But I digress.

53driver
10-21-2017, 01:52 PM
https://i1.wp.com/canadamotoguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/soichiro_honda_WWSD.jpg?fit=720%2C429&ssl=1&resize=350%2C200

I prefer shaken, not stirred.....

unsub
10-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Apparently not...:yikes:

https://i.imgur.com/5lUk1Xc.jpg

Isn't this considered a polite greeting in the Maritimes?

WhaleOil-Beef-Hooked. :icon_mrgreen:

BIGLRY
10-21-2017, 04:47 PM

I prefer shaken, not stirred.....
And all I want is just the cap from the Vermouth to quickly pass over the glass for a real dry one.:icon_biggrin:

53driver
10-21-2017, 05:42 PM
FWIW: "Flippin' the bird" at another driver in Florida is ticketed as "Inciting Road Rage" and has a value of $500.

I know this was in jest, but forewarned is forearmed!

willtill
10-21-2017, 05:58 PM
FWIW: "Flippin' the bird" at another driver in Florida is ticketed as "Inciting Road Rage" and has a value of $500.

I know this was in jest, but forewarned is forearmed!

I have heard that before. Crazy. But a transgender creature can follow your daughter into a public restroom.

Go pick your fight.

...and Lloyd. This is not very becoming of you Canucks up north. :nono:

lloydmoore1
10-21-2017, 07:46 PM
my apologies I didn't mean to offend anyone but hey look at these guns...that's got to scare ya!!! Next time I'm in Florida instead of flipping the bird I will be showing off these huge guns :kap:
https://i.imgur.com/VYRcAee.jpg