PDA

View Full Version : Couple of "issues" 2016 deluxe. 5500 Miles.

BillyDee
10-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Good Morning All,

Going for a ride yesterday I had two things happen:

First is the idle never came down below 1000 RPM, all day. Warmed it up first thing in morning, normal idle at about 800 rpm. We get riding and at every stop sign or slow speed I pull in the clutch and it idles at 1100 rpm.
Never went back to the lower idle speed all day. This morning it warmed up and idle at 800 900 rpm. I didn't ride it today as I needed my truck.

Second is now I can really hear a howling from back tire as I take turns or even shift my weight a bit while riding. Higher speeds, the louder the howl. Tire pressure set at 41 psi, no obvious tire wear or damage.
Stock tire, Dunlop? No obvious handling issues. Is this tire a goner???

Thanks for your help

Billy D

Sorcerer
10-23-2017, 10:29 AM
Do a search on the ECM reset. Stock tire is a Bridge Stone. By your discription you need to run the twistes more, lean that bike into some corners. They haven't made a tire for a Wing that won't howl as it wares, especially if you run a lot of highways and super slabs. The tire is good until you hit the ware bars. Nature of the beast.

druggr
10-23-2017, 12:22 PM
Tire howl - for me, I can always tell when my tires have between 6,000 - 6,500 miles on them because they start to howl. Yours are probably doing it a little earlier because of riding style, tire maintenance, or road conditions. For me, once they start howling, they'll stay about the same until they get replaced.

Idle - any change in your RPMs when pulling in or letting out the clutch while in 'N' during warm-up ???