PDA

View Full Version : Where/how to get CT mounted

3Chief
10-25-2017, 01:57 AM
So...any Pacific Northwesters have a shop that will mount a CT on a MC rim? I called three today with no success...:icon_doh:

If not, how are you mounting the tires? One wouldn't think this would be such an issue, however if I'm going to have to gather the gear to do it myself I would like to avail myself of the knowledge on this board :icon_biggrin:

bob109
10-25-2017, 04:09 AM
So...any Pacific Northwesters have a shop that will mount a CT on a MC rim? I called three today with no success...:icon_doh:

If not, how are you mounting the tires? One wouldn't think this would be such an issue, however if I'm going to have to gather the gear to do it myself I would like to avail myself of the knowledge on this board :icon_biggrin:

I use a local Auto Repair Shop! They have a good Gates Tire Machine and routinely change car tires. If you happen to buy your tire from a shop like this, they have no problem installing the tire. With regards to a Cycle Store, tell them the tire is for a trike and they should have no problem. Take a picture of a F6B Trike with you! That should persuade them:icon_lol:

Ride Safe

bob109

Phantom
10-25-2017, 07:29 AM
Go to Walmart and tell them it's for a custom made trailer.
Works every time "coffee"

3Chief
10-25-2017, 06:56 PM
Thanks, neither option had occurred to me.

3Chief
11-02-2017, 12:10 AM
Found a shop that would do it. Hopefully this weekend I get it on the bike. Need to do an oil change anyway.