PDA

View Full Version : Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing?

Phantom
10-25-2017, 12:20 PM
I will have to see it in person before pulling the trigger, however I am very interested :icon_wink:

Not certain what is the longevity of Aluminum cylinder sleeves. I guess if you purchase the 8 years of warranty no need to worry about the first year bugs and headaches.

P.Sutton
10-25-2017, 12:55 PM
I am having a great time enjoying my bike and see no need to replace it yet. I do like a lot of the new features but they are not enough to get me to jump into something new.

That being said, I can’t wait to see a 2018 model in person.

six2go
10-25-2017, 01:03 PM
If there is a new bike in my future(age 73), it's for sure not going to be another 800lb + behemoth. It's not that I don't like my "6", I really do. It's just a bit much for me at this stage of the game. :icon_frown:

bob109
10-25-2017, 01:08 PM
If there is a new bike in my future(age 73), it's for sure not going to be another 800lb + behemoth. It's not that I don't like my "6", I really do. It's just a bit much for me at this stage of the game. :icon_frown:

The 2018's would make one hell of a machine "Triked Out":icon_wink:

DMAGOLDRDR
10-25-2017, 01:09 PM
The 2018 has what I have been wanting on my F6B. I have been waiting for the official release to see what rumors were true and I will say I am happy with what I see. The Tour model with removable trunk is at the top of my Christmas list to myself at the moment.

Bighutch14
10-25-2017, 01:42 PM
I am having a great time enjoying my bike and see no need to replace it yet. I do like a lot of the new features but they are not enough to get me to jump into something new.

That being said, I can’t wait to see a 2018 model in person.

This is how I feel basically.

Rickc
10-25-2017, 01:52 PM
I am not done modifying my 2013 F6 yet so I don't think a new Gold Wing is in my near future but it does make me drool like one of Pavlov's dogs.

oldxtreme
10-25-2017, 02:26 PM
I just got my brand new 2016 that is fully debugged after years of refinement. It handles like a sport's bike and has more power than you can use unless you are out West with no speed limits or no cops. You only feel the 900 # weight when it is on yo:shock:ur ankle.

I would have to think long and hard if Honda or a dealer offered a straight up trade for a 2018. No matter how good Honda is a designing engines and bikes, there will be weak points that start showing up when you get 1,000's of riders throughout the world doing the final "endurance" testing.

From the photos, it does not appear that they did any major line changes, but is that a two-piece wind screen like a Madstad or Wind binder?

Beside the 6 gears, is the one option a full automatic where you just screw the throttle to how fast you want to go?

F6B1911
10-25-2017, 02:46 PM

Just get an eighteen year old blonde with really long legs and you're all set until 83.

F6B1911
10-25-2017, 03:02 PM
I is.
Was seriously looking at the K1600B until last night.
but....with a
6-speed manual
Pearl Stallion Brown
Apple Car Play
NAV
8 year warranty
no fork seal problems (Michigan Roads)

I gotta believe the paint will be great as they are now referring to it as "Premium."

http://c4.c4isit.net/f6b/2018.GoldWing.PearlStallionBrown.jpg

ths61
10-25-2017, 03:34 PM
Looks like they shrunk the storage capacity by 26% over the current GL1800's.

six2go
10-25-2017, 03:47 PM
Just get an eighteen year old blonde with really long legs and you're all set until 83.

'all/right' Only problem with that is a certain short legged brunette might not see the advantage. :icon_wink:

lloydmoore1
10-25-2017, 04:14 PM
I will be in for the Gold Wing Tour. I will have the best of 2 bikes in the garage. We only go this way once and must try to enjoy as much of it as we can. Actually my chief financial officer said I could. I rented a Gold Wing for a day in Vegas and she loved it so that was half the battle.
just can't wait to see one in person

Jimmytee
10-25-2017, 04:28 PM
I don't know how soon, but I will , Lord willing, be buying one. It might not be until 2019 or even 20, but I am stoked. I can't see selling my F6B right now. Just have so many mods and accessories added with the suspension, full aftermarket audio system etc,.. I would never expect to recoup my money outside of just pure riding it. I just came back from another weekend in the Smokies and my F6B was riding on rails while I jammed at crazy sound levels.:icon_wink: That DCT transmission and all the gadgetry has me very excited though.

Kdarmy
10-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Not me...
I like it, but I actually like the larger fairing I have now over the new stream lined version.
Also was surprised by the lack of rear lighting that comes stock on the tour model...would cost quite a bit to bring it up to my standards.
So right off the bat, it would cost me an extra $1000 minimum just to add rear lights, backrest and a few other features that I consider a must have.
My favorite feature of the new Wings is the front end upgrade, but overall I see no immediate need to trade in the F6B just yet.

Keith

ths61
10-25-2017, 04:42 PM
Not me...
I like it, but I actually like the larger fairing I have now over the new stream lined version.
Also was surprised by the lack of rear lighting that comes stock on the tour model...would cost quite a bit to bring it up to my standards.
So right off the bat, it would cost me an extra $1000 minimum just to add rear lights, backrest and a few other features that I consider a must have.
My favorite feature of the new Wings is the front end upgrade, but overall I see no immediate need to trade in the F6B just yet.

Keith

Watch them add touring lights in subsequent models in following years. Honda did this with their Accord car model trunk lid lights.

They probably have a road map of staged roll out options planned to keep selling newer model years by adding the missing components/features.

ths61
10-25-2017, 04:43 PM
On the bright side, look at all of the available low mileage 2017's that will be available. :icon_lol:

lake_carl
10-25-2017, 05:30 PM
If it had 140 go or more I would

opas ride
10-25-2017, 06:00 PM
I really like the new Goldwing and all the up-dated changes that will make it a great bike....but, I am not willing to "pop" close to $24/25,000 just to ride something new...Maybe down the road, but for now my current 2013 F6B is paid for, has only 14,000 miles and runs like a top!!..Plus I have had all the fluids changed, brake-recall done, custom paint, Cobra pipes, Baggershield, K&N air filter, new tires, Kury grips/glove box cover, etc. etc., and with over $23,000 invested, and lucky to get $9,000/10/000 on trade for a new one...It just "ain't in the cards" for now.....Ride safe

choptop
10-25-2017, 06:19 PM
No. no and no.

willtill
10-25-2017, 06:26 PM
No. no and no.

Ditto. Happy with my current F6B. Let them work the bugs out on the first year models...

VStarRider
10-25-2017, 06:28 PM
Yes. I will be getting the Gold Wing Tour with DCT and air bag, plus the trunk lid light and Honda-accessory third brake light, and LED fog lights.

In Spring 2020.

LA Weld
10-25-2017, 06:44 PM
Ditto. Happy with my current F6B. Let them work the bugs out on the first year models...

+1 :icon_mrgreen: When my warranty runs out in 2020 or 2023

dezzertrider
10-25-2017, 07:16 PM
I don't have an F6B or Goldwing, but have been thinking about one for some time. Glad I waited for the new model. I think Honda knocked it out of the park on all levels with the new machines. I'll probably still wait until 2019 to see if any issues need to be worked out of the 2018.

ths61
10-25-2017, 07:18 PM
When will the 2035 model be out ? :stirthepot:

3Chief
10-25-2017, 08:19 PM
No. no and no.

+1

I'm just getting use to this one, can't see changing horses now. Barring something unforeseen I don't see replacing my B for several years and 100k+ miles.

broncsrule21
10-26-2017, 10:23 AM
I am not done modifying my 2013 F6 yet so I don't think a new Gold Wing is in my near future but it does make me drool like one of Pavlov's dogs.

This is me^^^
1) Mine is not paid for yet
2) Just bought a 21" wheel (install should be complete this weekend)
3) I'm not sure my wife and I will be as comfortable on this "smaller" version

But, I like the new electronics, weight reduction, power and torque increases.

The only thing I actually hate about my F6B is the paint quality. I may remedy that, and not upgrade for a longtime...
The Wing was overdue for a overhaul though, I'm sure it will make a lot of people happy.

opas ride
10-26-2017, 10:32 AM
This is me^^^
1) Mine is not paid for yet
2) Just bought a 21" wheel (install should be complete this weekend)
3) I'm not sure my wife and I will be as comfortable on this "smaller" version

But, I like the new electronics, weight reduction, power and torque increases.

The only thing I actually hate about my F6B is the paint quality. I may remedy that, and not upgrade for a longtime...
The Wing was overdue for a overhaul though, I'm sure it will make a lot of people happy.

I had my 2013 Deluxe custom painted by the dealer before I rode it home...House of Colors, Brandywine Candy Red...Love the color and I get lots of compliments....No intention to upgrade bikes at this point as mine is great!!!....Regards

jake6969
10-26-2017, 12:46 PM
I am keeping my 2015 F6B model for now !!

Ixol Phaane
10-26-2017, 02:50 PM
https://youtu.be/a7jJnwEeiU0

Okay... maybe not the first year 2018, but...

Jimmytee
10-26-2017, 04:27 PM
https://youtu.be/a7jJnwEeiU0

Okay... maybe not the first year 2018, but...

:icon_biggrin: :yes:

I will have one, Lord willing. It might not be this year, but ......:icon_wink:

glide one
10-27-2017, 07:19 AM
put 50,000 miles on my Harley road glide and I'm looking for 100,000 miles on the F6B
It's a great road bike

glide one

GeorgeJetson
10-27-2017, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=F6B1911;158781]I is.
but....with a
6-speed manual
Pearl Stallion Brown
Apple Car Play
NAV
8 year warranty

I gotta believe the paint will be great as they are now referring to it as "Premium."

I was kind of thinking the same thing .. the K1600B was looking pretty good, but I like the new F6B (Gold Wing) better.

98valk
10-27-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm thinkin' the base Goldwing with the DCT. Besides getting stuck in traffic and not needing to clutch, I think it will be real nice on the highway in the extra-over-drive gear that will downshift instantly when needed. Never needed to downshift with the 5-speed, and I get lazy on the road. :icon_lol:

ths61
10-27-2017, 05:34 PM
I'm thinkin' the base Goldwing with the DCT. Besides getting stuck in traffic and not needing to clutch, I think it will be real nice on the highway in the extra-over-drive gear that will downshift instantly when needed. Never needed to downshift with the 5-speed, and I get lazy on the road. :icon_lol:

How does a DCT engine brake in the mountain twisties ?

98valk
10-27-2017, 06:49 PM

I know almost nothing, but I would think just like our bikes do now. It's not really an automatic driven by fluid friction. It uses a solid clutch connection.

With that said, I have no idea how you start from 0 without some sort of slippage. This is a learning curve for me. Look forward to trying one out.

Let me add: I believe that I read that you may want to pick the manual mode while in the mountains and pick/paddle your gear of choice.

VStarRider
10-27-2017, 08:27 PM

I hear ya. For me, its DCT or bust. I took several back roads on the way home from work today, with many turns, stops, etc. I did a lot of shifting. I would prefer to let the DCT do its thing while I have my knees in the brees, or, at least just go without a clutch and shift with my left two fingers.

ths61
10-27-2017, 08:33 PM
I know almost nothing, but I would think just like our bikes do now. It's not really an automatic driven by fluid friction. It uses a solid clutch connection.

With that said, I have no idea how you start from 0 without some sort of slippage. This is a learning curve for me. Look forward to trying one out.

Let me add: I believe that I read that you may want to pick the manual mode while in the mountains and pick/paddle your gear of choice.

I thought you didn't have to shift like in a car with an automatic transmission. When you go downhill in a car, the only way to engine brake is by manually downshifting, else you keep gaining speed depending on the grade.

adelii
10-27-2017, 08:48 PM
Im gonna use this opportunity to get a cheap F6b

nvmyf6
10-27-2017, 09:15 PM
Well, after checking out the youtube videos and seeing what all the new features are, it sure makes it very tempting. But like others here, I will most likely wait a couple years. Probably get a better deal on one then too.

ShanghaiDan
10-27-2017, 09:19 PM

Very well, until your revs fall below ~1200 RPM the bike is always in gear. Downshift with a flick of a thumb and you're engine braking as well as you would with a manual! The DCT is NOT an automatic with a torque converter - it is a pair of honest-to-god clutches, one on each spindle of gears. Half your gears on one spindle, the other half on the other spindle. The computer (in auto mode) determines when to shift up or down. It will engage the clutch, shift the appropriate spindle, then release the clutch all in about 50 milliseconds. And it holds going downhill REALLY well, as it senses the load on the engine and will NOT upshift unless you near redline.

The ONLY difference (other than not needed to squeeze a clutch and twiddle your foot) with a manual is feathering a clutch at low speeds. However, dragging your rear brake does about 99% of the same thing, and after an hour with a DCT doing really slow-speed stuff - I had no problems at all and felt I lost nothing compared to a manual bike. Other than the need to squeeze the clutch lever 200 times a block in thick downtown LA traffic...:)

3Chief
10-27-2017, 10:37 PM
I thought you didn't have to shift like in a car with an automatic transmission. When you go downhill in a car, the only way to engine brake is by manually downshifting, else you keep gaining speed depending on the grade.

That depends on the setup in question. I had a Hyundai Velostar, or whatever that POS was, for a rental and if you weren't actually on the gas it would engine brake. That car did not coast for s%$t, and several newer cars have an engine brake setting on the gear selector.

DaWadd
10-28-2017, 09:43 AM
The standard Goldwing with DCT is not available here in Canada. Only available on the "Tour" models. Otherwise I might be tempted."coffee"

Brasco
10-28-2017, 10:53 AM
That's brutal and will hopefully change in a year or two following the outcry! Small market/population Canada gets screwed -- guess Honda Canada figured they'd bring one base model in rather than having two models and stock unsold. Oh well, at least we had ABS on our F6Bs when our friends down south didn't. Just our turn to feel some pain this time around I suppose. :icon_frown:

Circle-5
10-28-2017, 05:15 PM
Oh well, at least we had ABS on our F6Bs when our friends down south didn't.

Yes, you certainly did. I am reminded of this pro-Canadian favoritism every day! :icon_wink: As for the 2018s, I think many buyers will go for the full Wing (The "Tour") anyway and remove the top case to make it a bagger. I costs about the same as doing it in reverse (buying the standard model and adding the top case and all the stuff that needs to go with it, center stand etc.). Plus the Tour gives you extra electronic ride features you don't get on the basic.

Of course, there's that pesky detail of coming up with about $30,000, but I'm told that everyone on the F6B Riders forum is super-smart and independently wealthy, so that should not be an obstacle. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Zteve
10-28-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm good with my F6B for a while. It's paid for and warrantied till the middle of 2021. Don't know what I would do with six speeds on this motor anyway.:icon_lol:

bigdawg
10-29-2017, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE=F6B1911;158781]I is.
but....with a
6-speed manual
Pearl Stallion Brown
Apple Car Play
NAV
8 year warranty

I was kind of thinking the same thing .. the K1600B was looking pretty good, but I like the new F6B (Gold Wing) better.

I love the new bikes and I'm deciding on a red Goldwing or the red Goldwing Tour and taking the trunk off. I will absolutely not be getting rid of my blue Goldwing F6B or my new K1600B or anything else. I love my other motorcycles and have them set up just the way I want and I would regret getting rid of them when they have so much more enjoyment left in them. My only frustration is that I like the blacked out version of the base model, but I want the electronic suspension modes of the touring model, but don't like the chromed out look. Decisions, decisions...

DarkKnt
10-29-2017, 10:50 AM
The standard Goldwing with DCT is not available here in Canada. Only available on the "Tour" models. Otherwise I might be tempted."coffee" A local dealer here in Vancouver is offering the DCT option on the Goldwing in their Craigslist ad. May just be a misprint.

blackmetoc
10-29-2017, 06:49 PM
I is.
but....with a
6-speed manual
Pearl Stallion Brown
Apple Car Play
NAV
8 year warranty

http://c4.c4isit.net/f6b/2018.GoldWing.PearlStallionBrown.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I've been trying to figure out WTF Pearl Stallion Brown was.

Phantom
10-29-2017, 06:54 PM
Thanks for posting that. I've been trying to figure out WTF Pearl Stallion Brown was.

Harley Davidson has a similar color and they call it "RootBeer"

Jimmytee
10-29-2017, 08:25 PM
I'm not usually a brown person, but I am liking the Pearl Stallion Brown pics I have seen.

ths61
10-29-2017, 09:52 PM
Harley Davidson has a similar color and they call it "RootBeer"

As long as it is A&W, life is great.

willtill
10-30-2017, 04:53 AM
As long as it is A&W, life is great.

Barq's is mo bettah... :icon_wink:

I do agree though... that brown GW reminds me of Root Beer :icon_lol:

Ixol Phaane
10-30-2017, 08:33 AM
I'm not usually a brown person, but I am liking the Pearl Stallion Brown pics I have seen.

+1

Edit - actually, I’ve been a brown person all my life. 🤣

Jimmytee
10-30-2017, 09:03 AM
+1

Edit - actually, I’ve been a brown person all my life. 🤣

:icon_lol: Well if you look at my two motorcycles, I am a really Red person.:icon_wink:

Let me rephrase for "political correctness "
I am not usually a fan of brown color paint schemes on motorcycles or cars. However the pictures I have seen of the Pearl Stallion Brown look really good and right now I think that is my favorite color of the new Gold Wings. Would like to see that color offered in the Tour trim level.

Texas F6B
10-30-2017, 10:14 AM
I really like my F6B, but a smaller, lighter, will suite this old man better.

Phantom
10-30-2017, 04:45 PM
:nojoke:

Call me a chicken.....

I have a few serious concerns regarding this newly created engine. It is NOT the same engine that has proven itself to reach 500,000 miles.

My Concerns ...

These NEW Aluminum cylinder sleeves (Excess Heat and friction are not ideal for aluminum including aircraft grade aluminum) Is this Hondas way to shorten the life of a Goldwing to just 125,000 miles so that they can be rebuilt with new sleeves or maybe sell more Goldwings?

The Cylinders are now about a 1/2 inch closer to each other, engine is now just over 1inch shorter, less metal to disperse the heat, potentially increasing the cylinder head temps? Potentially compromising the aluminum even more so? I know that there is a thermostat to keep the radiator fluid circulating, but will they be running more often now? The radiators are also smaller. Are the 90lbs that were shaved off enough to reduce engine heat?

Throtle by wire .... is it jerky or smooth? Two of my 4 wheel vehicles have this ... the German vehicle performs flawlessly like if it was cabled, the Japanese vehicle is Jerky and ultra sensitive, after 5 years I still don't care for the system.

Newly designed transmission with 6 manual or 7 DCT gears ... will it last or disintegrate? First and Second year owners will be the R&D for Honda.

Exposed exhaust pipes coming off the engine (No longer has the heat shields, maybe because of the aluminum sleeves, they need to disperse engine heat away from the engine more so? did the old heat shields trap heat?)... Although they are double walled pipes will there be extra heat on your feet during hot summer days?

Honda has ALREADY created "optional" wind deflectors for this new Goldwing .... do they know something that we don't? I have never needed wind deflectors for my older Wing.

All of the electronics ... There are ALWAYS some glitches in the beginning and I for one cannot stand the fact that you must go to a dealer for continuous program upgrades as the years pass on by. I used to have a BMW 540I with a newly designed instrument cluster for that year, It kept failing in certain areas where there would be blank vertical lines on the read out, It was replaced under warranty twice, however if you were out of warranty, it was a $2,000 replacement cost PLUS Labor.

I know that there is a 3 year warranty with the option to add a 5 year extension ..... However if I wanted to sit around at a dealerships service waiting room several times during the year, I would be looking at another motorcycle brand where they have huge showrooms with clothing and accessories where I could waste 2-3 hours.

I have great faith in Honda's engineering, they have always been outstanding, how ever the DCT is currently on a recall with 2 other Honda products and their recent paint issues has caused me to just step back wait this one out for a year or two.

just my 2 cents:shrug:

ths61
10-30-2017, 05:02 PM

I have a few serious concerns regarding this newly created engine. It is NOT the same engine that has proven itself to reach 500,000 miles.

My Concerns ...

These NEW Aluminum cylinder sleeves (Excess Heat and friction are not ideal for aluminum including aircraft grade aluminum) Is this Hondas way to shorten the life of a Goldwing to just 125,000 miles so that they can be rebuilt with new sleeves or maybe sell more Goldwings?

I think Honda is going after a different market with the choices they have made. How many sport riders put 6 figures on the odometer before they are onto their next scoot?

I am interested in seeing it in person, but have no desire to be part of their test market. I should be good for another 4 or 5 years.

Phantom
10-30-2017, 05:12 PM
I think Honda is going after a different market with the choices they have made. How many sport riders put 6 figures on the odometer before they are onto their next scoot?

I am interested in seeing it in person, but have no desire to be part of their test market. I should be good for another 4 or 5 years.

I agree with you. However the TOP Speed of 111mph will turn away many sport riders.:icon_frown:

To reduce weight, they installed a Lithium battery.
Replacement cost is $300-$400 versus $80-$100 for a lead acid battery

ths61
10-30-2017, 05:20 PM
I agree with you. However the TOP Speed of 111mph will turn away many sport riders.:icon_frown:

To reduce weight, they installed a Lithium battery.
Replacement cost is $300-$400 versus $80-$100 for a lead acid battery

Don't Lithium batteries have issues in cold weather ???

Jimmytee
10-30-2017, 05:45 PM

To be honest, I really enjoy riding pretty aggressively and this doesn't really concern me. I really don't find myself drag racing people and 111 mph is flying . Heck 60-70 mph is flying on most of the roads I ride.:icon_lol:

I've had my F6B up to the 125 cut off a few times but that was just to take it up there. Wasn't racing anyone.

Wouldn't be surprised if the top speed will be able to be adjusted with other programming in the not too distant future.

willtill
10-30-2017, 07:18 PM
I need to go look for a crated F6B for a good price, and stick it on the shelf. :icon_wink:

Tony did point out some good points in his post several replies back. NEVER by a first year production bike. It'll have issues... even a Honda...

tpwood
10-30-2017, 07:28 PM
I bought my 2016 F6B as my last retirement bike, I'v been riding since 15 and now 60, I know current 1800 is the best developed engine Goldwing has ever had, I've had a 1200 and a 1500 also in the past. When I was buying the F6B, I seriously considered a Indian Chieftain, but chose the B for the reliability and longevity. I know 20 years from now when I have 300K on the B, it will still be running like new. I don't quite care for the look of the new Goldwings, to many angles for me, and just noticed a Big issue for me, looking at the engine, there is no place to put highway pegs! I've been riding with highway pegs since my first Honda CL100 (my first bike) put an engine guard on it and then put the pegs on. I ride my pegs about 90% of the time. I like the tech and I think it will compete very well. But this ones not for me.

LA Weld
10-30-2017, 08:16 PM
I need to go look for a crated F6B for a good price, and stick it on the shelf. :icon_wink:

Tony did point out some good points in his post several replies back. NEVER by a first year production bike. It'll have issues... even a Honda...

Yep +1:icon_doh:
I dusted off Gloria this afternoon for a 2 hour run about to think things over. While in the saddle I thought of the new Wing and how I am in no hurry to change seats. I have a few more goodies on the shelf to dial this one in to my taste and will. The new Wing is a techno wonder that I can see as a contender, but as stated earlier: IT WILL HAVE ISSUES, and I do not want to be the test dummy.
90 LBS is probably what I should lose so my Gloria fits me JUST FINE!

I plan on looking again in 50K miles and see where I am at!

Lets see, Progressive Suspension(on the shelf), Dales Rack (going to Seattle in a week), Extra Dark Madstad 13"(just for the right occasion), DARKSIDE, and a Bushtec Darkstar. Should keep me busy till 2020.... Oh the warranty will be done and a Guhl Tune!

Jimmytee
10-30-2017, 08:46 PM
I bought my 2016 F6B as my last retirement bike, I'v been riding since 15 and now 60, I know current 1800 is the best developed engine Goldwing has ever had, I've had a 1200 and a 1500 also in the past. When I was buying the F6B, I seriously considered a Indian Chieftain, but chose the B for the reliability and longevity. I know 20 years from now when I have 300K on the B, it will still be running like new. I don't quite care for the look of the new Goldwings, to many angles for me, and just noticed a Big issue for me, looking at the engine, there is no place to put highway pegs! I've been riding with highway pegs since my first Honda CL100 (my first bike) put an engine guard on it and then put the pegs on. I ride my pegs about 90% of the time. I like the tech and I think it will compete very well. But this ones not for me.

Engine guards are there, just hidden under a black plastic cover. One of the Honda reps in another thread was reported to say they've joked about those covers will most likely be removed to mount highway pegs.

Miks
10-30-2017, 09:11 PM
Not going to be the first in line, I spoke to two Honda dealers and they are thinking demand is going to be high, as there are many GL 1800 riders that have money and have been waiting for a/the new model to come out. Let the early serial numbers get out there, I will be pulling the trigger late summer or early fall.

Not too concerned about the reliability of the engine, Honda does seem to have that element figured out. I like the 7 speed DCT...my car has a DCT and it is an incredible transmission without going to one of those CVT style transmissions. Can't wait to see these bikes in person for certain sure!

DarkKnt
10-31-2017, 09:58 AM
To be honest, I really enjoy riding pretty aggressively and this doesn't really concern me. I really don't find myself drag racing people and 111 mph is flying . Heck 60-70 mph is flying on most of the roads I ride.:icon_lol:

I've had my F6B up to the 125 cut off a few times but that was just to take it up there. Wasn't racing anyone.

Wouldn't be surprised if the top speed will be able to be adjusted with other programming in the not too distant future.

A journalist on another forum said the speed limiter is set at 210KPH, slightly higher than the F6B. On another note, I went to the local dealer here in Vancouver yesterday and he confirmed that the DCT was only avail on the Tour. Also, the starting price for the Goldwing would be 27K. That is a hefty increase over the F6B, which can be had for about 21K at the moment. The Tour, on the other hand is basically the same as todays full 'Wing, at about 33k. I wish they had stuck with the original concept of the F6B; strip it down to the bare necessities and offer it cheap.

Jimmytee
10-31-2017, 11:31 AM
A journalist on another forum said the speed limiter is set at 210KPH, slightly higher than the F6B. On another note, I went to the local dealer here in Vancouver yesterday and he confirmed that the DCT was only avail on the Tour. Also, the starting price for the Goldwing would be 27K. That is a hefty increase over the F6B, which can be had for about 21K at the moment. The Tour, on the other hand is basically the same as todays full 'Wing, at about 33k. I wish they had stuck with the original concept of the F6B; strip it down to the bare necessities and offer it cheap.

So Canada can't get the DCT Bagger version? That stinks. Both are available in the US on the Gold Wing model or bagger version.

DarkKnt
10-31-2017, 05:18 PM
So Canada can't get the DCT Bagger version? That stinks. Both are available in the US on the Gold Wing model or bagger version.Correct. I was interested, and may have been an early customer, as I was for the F6B, but it doesn't quite hit the mark for me.

Fishman57
10-31-2017, 07:05 PM
Thank you all for very interesting reading. The 2014 F6B I was after was unavailable for me the day I was supposed to test because someone gave a deposit.I started to make room in the garage and the wife was OK with a second bike parked next to hers. I`m going to seriously look a new 14-15s and possibly the newer model. I love the F6B and owned an early 81 GW. From now on when I see a listing I like I`m going to give a deposit right away. If I find one Ill post it here. I`m in central CT and only a few dealers like Libbys close. Any suggestions where to look besides Cycle Trader? The Deluxe seems like the best model for me.

unsub
10-31-2017, 08:28 PM

Who calls a Stallion Pearl? :shrug:

Just askin'

ths61
10-31-2017, 08:42 PM
Who calls a Stallion Pearl? :shrug:

Just askin'

Bruce Jenner ?

jellybean
11-01-2017, 03:25 PM
Correct. I was interested, and may have been an early customer, as I was for the F6B, but it doesn't quite hit the mark for me.

I was interested as well. Maybe we have to wait another year, when the 18 left over and they will put different color as 19 model...LOL

The first F6B 2013 was Red in US...in Canada it was 2014

JB

VStarRider
11-01-2017, 07:45 PM
Thank you all for very interesting reading. The 2014 F6B I was after was unavailable for me the day I was supposed to test because someone gave a deposit.I started to make room in the garage and the wife was OK with a second bike parked next to hers. I`m going to seriously look a new 14-15s and possibly the newer model. I love the F6B and owned an early 81 GW. From now on when I see a listing I like I`m going to give a deposit right away. If I find one Ill post it here. I`m in central CT and only a few dealers like Libbys close. Any suggestions where to look besides Cycle Trader? The Deluxe seems like the best model for me.

Use the Honda website dealer locator feature to find every Honda motorcycle dealer within whatever distance you are willing to travel. Depending upon how far that distance is, your options may be many.

Circle-5
11-02-2017, 02:11 PM
As much as I would love to have a 2018 GoldWing in my garage in 3 or 4 months, I'll wait for the 2020 model year, for 3 reasons:

-1- There are so many new and complex engineering upgrades that it will take a year to pinpoint the bugs and another year for the fixes to appear in the finished product.
-2- I like my F6B and want to put more miles on it. It's a fun, reliable and very enjoyable basic motorcycle – by basic I mean without the electronics and their learning curve.
-3- Wasting another $2,700 in sales tax to Governor Jerry Brown's abject policies would make me puke (or ovomit).

Still, two years will require some will-power, especially after a test ride. I might get the itch to switch before that ...

ths61
11-02-2017, 02:17 PM
As much as I would love to have a 2018 GoldWing in my garage in 3 or 4 months, I'll wait for the 2020 model year, for 3 reasons:

-1- There are so many new and complex engineering upgrades that it will take a year to pinpoint the bugs and another year for the fixes to appear in the finished product.
-2- I like my F6B and want to put more miles on it. It's a fun, reliable and very enjoyable basic motorcycle – by basic I mean without the electronics and their learning curve.
-3- Wasting another $2,700 in sales tax to Governor Jerry Brown's abject policies would make me puke (or ovomit).

Still, two years will require some will-power, especially after a test ride. I might get the itch to switch before that ...

Wisconsin used to just charge sales tax on the delta between the trade and the new vehicle. California charges taxes on the entire purchase price, irrespective of the value of the trade in. California discourages trading vehicles (as well as owning and driving them with Jerry Brown's latest general fund sodomy gas and renewal/registration taxes).

VaBob
11-02-2017, 02:56 PM
When I was looking for a B, I told the wife that I was looking for a 10 year bike. One that could justify the purchase price, and have room to grow on. And since I just bought a '15 this year, I think it'll be 2032 before I get another.

VStarRider
11-02-2017, 06:44 PM
When I was looking for a B, I told the wife that I was looking for a 10 year bike. One that could justify the purchase price, and have room to grow on. And since I just bought a '15 this year, I think it'll be 2032 before I get another.

Don't worry, the new GW will still be 99% the same at that point. :icon_mrgreen:

VStarRider
11-02-2017, 06:46 PM

Yep, my thoughts exactly on #1, 2 and will power. I am waiting for Spring 2020. Boy, I would hate to be married to me between now and then. My wife has started to notice that I watch a GoldWing video every night before bed. :shrug:

06Blackpearl
11-08-2017, 12:31 PM
Sold my 2013/ guy picks it up Friday,
And if all goes well I’ll pickup a new Wing.. Just gotta find a dealer that wants to play with the numbers a bit .....

Sorcerer
11-08-2017, 07:43 PM
If the demand is what it sounds like it may be, dealers WILL be asking msrp+ all the way till fall.

yellow rex
11-08-2017, 08:14 PM
There's plenty of discounts from 3-4 thousand dollars in most places.
I had a quote for $22500 blue touring model six speed and was told the Goldwing
would be cheaper, that was in a small town in OK.

VStarRider
11-08-2017, 08:38 PM
Sold my 2013/ guy picks it up Friday,
And if all goes well I’ll pickup a new Wing.. Just gotta find a dealer that wants to play with the numbers a bit .....

Willing to share details? I have a '13 with 16K on it and not a scratch...wondering what it is worth...

yellow rex
11-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Have Honda of Russellville give you a quote it will be good and they are a board sponsor, and remember the F6b is not worth much,
my guess 7-8200 on trade.
I don't think I will trade the B but my 2015 red/black level 3 could just may be on the chopping block, or up for sale.

06Blackpearl
11-10-2017, 03:26 PM
Willing to share details? I have a '13 with 16K on it and not a scratch...wondering what it is worth...

2013 5700 miles
Many many upgrades
Mint condition for 13,500 trade in would have been 9-10

06Blackpearl
11-10-2017, 03:28 PM
There's plenty of discounts from 3-4 thousand dollars in most places.
I had a quote for $22500 blue touring model six speed and was told the Goldwing
would be cheaper, that was in a small town in OK.

That’s good in my book!
If I could get a tour model for that it the door I would take it ..
I’m hoping the Goldwing will be 19-20 out the door