PDA

View Full Version : So we are the last of the F6B!

Texas F6B
10-25-2017, 02:20 PM
F6B is now the "non-touring" Goldwing? To easy to call it the bagger convertible or F6BC.

jm21ddd15
10-25-2017, 02:38 PM
we now are the owners of what may become a "Collector bike" in the future. Keep your F6B looking good, as there are NO MORE! Parts should be available for at least 10 years, by law.

F6B1911
10-25-2017, 02:50 PM
we now are the owners of what may become a "Collector bike" in the future. Keep your F6B looking good, as there are NO MORE! Parts should be available for at least 10 years, by law.

Yep, check the price on a Pacific Coast..... The F6B will be "coveted" in a few years.
Same as buying an old M1 Garand with a Winchester receiver.

willtill
10-25-2017, 06:24 PM
Not worried about it. Love my F6B. :icon_cool:

3Chief
10-25-2017, 07:22 PM

+1

It won't be worth anything when I'm done with her.

Navvet
10-25-2017, 08:02 PM
+1

It won't be worth anything when I'm done with her.

Lets see now, I sold my 83 Interstate when I bought my "B" ....

That means I'll be ready for a new bike in 2043 ...... 'riding':motorcycle2:

crossbowme
10-26-2017, 07:31 AM

X2

JackB
10-26-2017, 07:42 AM
I doubt our F6B's will be worth anything as a collector bike, they don't sell will now.
I though the 97-03 Valkyrie's would bring good money but they are a hard sell you can buy nice ones for $3500 - $4500.
When the time comes and I do buy a new Goldwing I will but a F6B emblem on it. I don't understand why Honda dropped the name.

F6Dave
10-26-2017, 07:56 AM
Lets see now, I sold my 83 Interstate when I bought my "B" ....

That means I'll be ready for a new bike in 2043 ...... 'riding':motorcycle2:

2043... That's probably about the time Honda will make the next update to the Goldwing!

Navvet
10-26-2017, 10:05 AM
2043... That's probably about the time Honda will make the next update to the Goldwing!

Maybe by then it will be a rocket powered hover-bike !!! :clap2::icon_laugh::clap2:

unsub
10-26-2017, 04:38 PM
I doubt our F6B's will be worth anything as a collector bike, they don't sell will now.
I though the 97-03 Valkyrie's would bring good money but they are a hard sell you can buy nice ones for $3500 - $4500.
When the time comes and I do buy a new Goldwing I will but a F6B emblem on it. I don't understand why Honda dropped the name.

They shifted away from the Bagger "style" I suppose. I would imagine that Honda is savy to what the B owners are doing right now with their B's and it revealed that they are being used more as a touring bike that anything..The Gold Wing brand remains and 2018 refines that brand just a bit more while retaining the sportiness of the non tourer. The new Wing non-tour seems more aligned with the sport tourers of today. I think calling it a Bagger was borne in marketing somewhere in the halls of Honda USA.

Quite funny as I see it. The moment BMW entered the arena with their Bagger, Honda decided they no longer wanted that identity and dropped out. BMW could have been quite surprised by the move...leaving them alone to compete with HD.:yikes:

Ixol Phaane
10-26-2017, 05:18 PM

I think the only understanding that needs to be done is that this is a marketing move. I think someone else posted a reminder that the original Gold Wing was a naked street bike aimed at being the best in class. Finally in '80 (?) Mother Honda put a fairing and bags on it and that became the standard.

I think Honda are just going back to their roots with the "naked" Gold Wing intended to be class leader in heavy cruiser... and the Gold Wing Tour obviously up to carry the mantle in that market segment.

I think I'd prefer to have that nifty GOLDWING badge that's on the side bags of the new top-tier GW Tour than the F6B logo. It reminds me of the vintage badging and heritage. :icon_biggrin:

Ride safe!

Edit - Oh... I see that badge is listed in the accessories catalog for the new Wing. :yes:

opas ride
10-26-2017, 07:06 PM

I agree with you, not having a "crystal ball", but the 99 Valkyrie Tourer I owned for several years was almost impossible to unload..No one wanted to mess with 6 carbs, tuning issues, perhaps the lack of parts down the road, etc..The F6B is and was a great bike, but in my opinion it will never be a collector item as such...Current ones are worth less than half of what they cost new, and if your lucky, maybe $9-10,000 trade or retail in current market....I am going to keep mine for now and ride it with pride!!!....Regards

b but not a collector item such as the Honda Rune!!!...Hell most of us will be lucky to get more than $9/10,000 trade or retail for 2013/14 model F6B's....Going to keep mine for now...Ride safe

Injun Joe
11-01-2017, 01:18 PM

$4k will be fine by me.

Jimmytee
11-01-2017, 02:02 PM
I think the only understanding that needs to be done is that this is a marketing move. I think someone else posted a reminder that the original Gold Wing was a naked street bike aimed at being the best in class. Finally in '80 (?) Mother Honda put a fairing and bags on it and that became the standard.

I think Honda are just going back to their roots with the "naked" Gold Wing intended to be class leader in heavy cruiser... and the Gold Wing Tour obviously up to carry the mantle in that market segment.

I think I'd prefer to have that nifty GOLDWING badge that's on the side bags of the new top-tier GW Tour than the F6B logo. It reminds me of the vintage badging and heritage. :icon_biggrin:

Ride safe!

Edit - Oh... I see that badge is listed in the accessories catalog for the new Wing. :yes:

Oh you know I practically stopped responding with F6B when asked what kind of bike I ride. It quickly had much more recognition when I just say a "sporty Gold Wing ":icon_razz:

nvmyf6
11-01-2017, 02:05 PM
+3 :biggthumpup:

crossbowme
11-02-2017, 09:45 AM

x2. Plus it has a lower seat and a bigger gas tank.