PDA

View Full Version : Show Chrome rear rack

pikester
10-29-2017, 12:44 PM
I am looking at installing a rear rack, and since the MP3 is no longer an option, for those that have the show chrome, how do you like it and was it easy to install? I have a 16 F6B base model.

Ride safe,
Pikester

olegoat345
10-29-2017, 03:40 PM
Check out the SW MOTEC rack = Twisted throttle has them. With a cheap kit you can install any / all GIVI panniers, trunks, bags. = Lots of good feedback on there. I really like mine.

pikester
10-29-2017, 04:17 PM
Will do olegoat345! Was it an easy installation & will it work on the base model?

Thanks,
Pikester

RickW
10-29-2017, 05:21 PM
I am looking at installing a rear rack, and since the MP3 is no longer an option, for those that have the show chrome, how do you like it and was it easy to install? I have a 16 F6B base model.

Ride safe,
Pikester

Those are very popular and we actually have the Smoke Chrome version (http://store.valueaccessories.net/LuggageRackGoldWingF6B.aspx) on our F6B.
Since you have the base model without the backrest you will need to install the Rack Mount Kit (http://store.valueaccessories.net/RackMountKitGoldWingF6B.aspx), (can also be used for the passenger backrest).
http://www.bigbikeparts.com/catalog/documents/52-/52-830M.pdf
You can see from the instructions how much work this entails, most people have not had issues with this installation. I would purchase the tapered seat bolts also since you are removing the seat.

After installation of the Rack Mount kit the Rear Rack can easily be installed.
http://www.bigbikeparts.com/catalog/documents/52-/52-830_52-830SK.pdf

http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/52830.jpg

pikester
10-29-2017, 05:40 PM
Thanks for all the info. Rick! I think I will get those parts ordered.

Xrider57
10-29-2017, 07:48 PM

Ride safe,
Pikester

I have one and put the show chrome backrest on too. You have to have the covers with holes or drill yours and put the mounting brackets in. Easy job . When you get to rack and backrest their are shims and bolts to line up. I used super glue for the shims and made it much easier. I like the rack!

pikester
10-29-2017, 08:56 PM
I have one and put the show chrome backrest on too. You have to have the covers with holes or drill yours and put the mounting brackets in. Easy job . When you get to rack and backrest their are shims and bolts to line up. I used super glue for the shims and made it much easier. I like the rack!

Thanks Xrider57. I just placed an order for the smoked chrome rack/bracket kit. Some of the other racks looked too small for my liking.

pikester
11-05-2017, 06:37 PM
Just installed my show chrome rack. Installation wasn't too bad, just wish I would have been thinking
and I could have installed my remote saddlebags openers while I had everything apart! I also installed some kuryakyn ergo II highway pegs. I had them on my wing and I really like them. Farkling sure is fun! Ride safe,
Pikester

dadeo
11-05-2017, 07:29 PM
I think I like these b/c I've been able to attach almost anything. I'd been using a Shad box for a trip. I mounted the Shad platform to the Showchrome with a little finagling with the parts that came with each. Then locked the luggage case to the Shad platform. If I want, I can remove the Shad box and leave the mounting platform or remove the box and Shad platform completely and still l have the showchrome rack to bungie stuff to. It fits well and seems very sturdy.

Has anyone been broken a Showchrome rack?

dadeo
11-05-2017, 08:58 PM
I think I like these b/c I've been able to attach almost anything. I'd been using a Shad box for a trip. I mounted the Shad platform to the Showchrome with a little finagling with the parts that came with each. Then locked the luggage case to the Shad platform. If I want, I can remove the Shad box and leave the mounting platform or remove the box and Shad platform completely and still l have the showchrome rack to bungie stuff to. It fits well and seems very sturdy.

Has anyone ever broken a Showchrome rack?

Xrider57
11-05-2017, 09:34 PM
Thanks Xrider57. I just placed an order for the smoked chrome rack/bracket kit. Some of the other racks looked too small for my liking.

I was the same way, I wanted bigger. The rack actually looks better than I thought it would.

pikester
11-06-2017, 07:30 AM
I think it looks sharp as well. It seems to be sturdy and the right size.

Av8er
11-09-2017, 05:55 AM
Got any pictures of the rack installed? How long did the install take?

pikester
11-09-2017, 05:46 PM
I can take a picture when I get back from my trip on Saturday. It took about an hour to install. Using a step bit, like suggested in the instructions, made the job much easier. It seems to be very sturdy.

Av8er
11-09-2017, 06:29 PM
I can take a picture when I get back from my trip on Saturday. It took about an hour to install. Using a step bit, like suggested in the instructions, made the job much easier. It seems to be very sturdy.

That would be great. Thanks

pikester
11-11-2017, 04:21 PM
That would be great. Thanks

Av8er,

I can't upload pictures, I keep receiving an upload error. If you PM me your e-mail, I will send you 3 pictures.

Thanks,
Pikester

Av8er
11-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Av8er,

I can't upload pictures, I keep receiving an upload error. If you PM me your e-mail, I will send you 3 pictures.

Thanks,
Pikester

Done!!!

Thank you

Bunny
11-11-2017, 07:04 PM
i installed this rack on mine - i find it very sturdy and it is larger than some of the other ones - better bigger than smaller right?? the smole black one is nice. . . .

bunny