PDA

View Full Version : Is there a "pic post for dummies" somewhere

DMAGOLDRDR
11-01-2017, 05:44 AM
I have been searching past posts and although many talk about use of a 2nd or 3rd party to post pic's, I have no idea what needs to be done.

I have a seat for sale in the classifieds and would like to put up pictures but have no idea what "PB" or "img" is.

lloydmoore1
11-01-2017, 07:25 AM
yes you can sign up to this free site..just create a username and password

https://imgur.com/

Then you can upload your photos to the site
Then you copy and paste the link to the photo onto the forum or site you want

I'm no computer geek but if I can do it then you will get through it as well

druggr
11-01-2017, 08:14 AM
I have been searching past posts and although many talk about use of a 2nd or 3rd party to post pic's, I have no idea what needs to be done.

I have a seat for sale in the classifieds and would like to put up pictures but have no idea what "PB" or "img" is.

What kind of seat, what does it fit, and is it heated ???

DMAGOLDRDR
11-01-2017, 12:55 PM
What kind of seat, what does it fit, and is it heated ???

It is a Corbin Dual Tour with Backrest, no heat.

DMAGOLDRDR
11-01-2017, 12:56 PM
yes you can sign up to this free site..just create a username and password
https://imgur.com/Then you can upload your photos to the site
Then you copy and paste the link to the photo onto the forum or site you want
I'm no computer geek but if I can do it then you will get through it as well

Thanks, I give it a try..

DMAGOLDRDR
11-01-2017, 01:15 PM
Well I at least have links to pictures in the classified now. Still unsure how to get a pic in the post but the link will do for now..

Thanks again.

DMAGOLDRDR
11-05-2017, 07:59 PM
Well I at least have links to pictures in the classified now. Still unsure how to get a pic in the post but the link will do for now.. Thanks again.

OK so now that I have getting a link to the picture in the post, how can I get the picture in there???

ths61
11-05-2017, 08:13 PM
OK so now that I have getting a link to the picture in the post, how can I get the picture in there???

When you make a post, there is a [PICTURE] ICON on the toolbar. Click it, select "INSERT FROM URL", enter the URL and uncheck "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". This will insert the pict from the hosting site you entered.

lloydmoore1
11-05-2017, 09:37 PM

Are you using the Imgur site?
If so when you look at the individual picture put your mouse over the top left corner of the pic and click on the arrow.
Then left click on "Get share links"
Then click on the "Copy'' on the right side of "BBC code forums"
make sure you have the site where you want to put it open at the same time
Then right click on the post where you want it and select "paste"

Just watch this video on you tube it will help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I7rzbEzTYg

Walcrow
11-05-2017, 09:42 PM

Check your PM's. I sent you a small treatise on posting photos from IMGUR. I think you've been COPYING the wrong box to the right of the photo. You need to copy the BBCode box by hitting the COPY box with a left click of your mouse, then PASTE it here on the site in the SUBMIT REPLY box, then hit SUBMIT REPLY and the image should appear. You've been copying the DIRECT LINK box, which makes us hit that jgp code to then see it in IMGUR. Try the BBCode box, copy and paste it here. BTW, nice Corbin.

DMAGOLDRDR
11-06-2017, 03:13 PM
Check your PM's. I sent you a small treatise on posting photos from IMGUR. I think you've been COPYING the wrong box to the right of the photo. You need to copy the BBCode box by hitting the COPY box with a left click of your mouse, then PASTE it here on the site in the SUBMIT REPLY box, then hit SUBMIT REPLY and the image should appear. You've been copying the DIRECT LINK box, which makes us hit that jgp code to then see it in IMGUR. Try the BBCode box, copy and paste it here. BTW, nice Corbin.

I finally got it... THANK YOU Walcrow, I probably would have never figured it out without your help.
https://i.imgur.com/OJGpxZg.jpg