PDA

View Full Version : Windshield - Clear or Tinted?

Tbone56
10-28-2013, 03:46 PM
I want a little taller windshield than the 11" Cee Bailey, but I still want to look over the top, but undecided if I should get a light tinted shield or clear one. I get why you would want a clear shield if you are looking through it, but is there some other reason many of you have chosen a clear shield? Just looks better or what?

Steve 0080
10-28-2013, 03:59 PM
I have had both...really no preference

opas ride
10-28-2013, 04:12 PM
I think it is a personal preference issue..Also depends a little on where one lives I suppose...We do not have a lot of sunny days in Michigan and other states have less, some more....so maybe a factor for some...I like looking thru my shield and have a Baggershield that is dark on the bottom half and clear on the top half....So far it works great for me....Rode home from the dealer today, 125 miles in 44 degree weather and was fine except my feet got a little cold.....No issues with the Baggershield at all...extends to 19" I believe...

Scotrod
10-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Less glare with a light tint, IMHO

MichaelG
10-28-2013, 05:08 PM
Less glare with a light tint, IMHO

I must concur with my heavy brother from Texas...it is YOUR choice, but I went with the light tint. :motorcycle2:

MSGT-R
10-28-2013, 08:04 PM
Anything taller than the 11", get the vent. You won't regret it.

wishey1
10-28-2013, 10:13 PM
I must concur with my heavy brother from Texas...it is YOUR choice, but I went with the light tint. :motorcycle2:

Agree...thing is, with the light tint you have to really look to even tell it's tinted, and
the tinted and vent is way cooler.....jmo.

Most just get the clear because the light tinted isn't available with honda etc. and unless
you order one, most people like the convenience of clear...

The light tinted (and vented) is my very first choice...

Dfinkelsteinmd
10-28-2013, 11:14 PM
I want a little taller windshield than the 11" Cee Bailey, but I still want to look over the top, but undecided if I should get a light tinted shield or clear one. I get why you would want a clear shield if you are looking through it, but is there some other reason many of you have chosen a clear shield? Just looks better or what?

I went with the smallest Cee Bailey and it is opaque as I like to look over it. I also ride in those sunny NorCal days when a little breeze keeps me as cool as the bike looks. I might get a taller one for winter days but it would be tinted to keep on the dark side of things...

Bruce B
10-29-2013, 12:05 AM

The light tint reduces glare a bit and IMHO, it looks a bit nicer. No real difference in visibility. And yes, the vent is good.

I just got my Magstad and am happy with it so my 13inch, light tint, vented, Cee Baileys is about to go on the "4 Sale by Owner" Forum. Check it out if interested.

Deer Slayer
10-29-2013, 08:32 AM
I am 5 10 and use CB 13 tinted. Works just great.

ghostrider
10-29-2013, 09:27 AM
I also have a 13" dark tint Cee Bailey windshield and love it at 6'. I personally think the light tint looks better as it keeps the overall profile of the bike lower, but I like how my dark tint windshield hides my radar detector too. :icon_lol:

1951vbs
10-29-2013, 09:50 AM
I agree 100% the light tint will cut down the glare and much prefer the looks over clear. In fact, as long as you don't have to look through them I actually prefer darker tinted screens. I just think it adds more of a custom look. I have put a dark tint screen on just about every bike I have ever had with a windshield and haven't noticed any drawbacks.

1951vbs
10-29-2013, 10:42 AM
I went with the smallest Cee Bailey and it is opaque as I like to look over it. I also ride in those sunny NorCal days when a little breeze keeps me as cool as the bike looks. I might get a taller one for winter days but it would be tinted to keep on the dark side of things...

+1 exactly for the same reasons athough I went with Dark Tint instead of opaque. We are in the minority however but everyone should ride their own ride.

Hornblower
10-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Clear! And here's why...my thought process went like this;

Somewhat taller than stock windshield but not too tall so as to retain the overall low appearance

Definitely, not tall enough to have to look through it for normal riding

Tall enough to provide protection from the elements and reduce wind noise

Vented, in order to equalize pressures

Clear, so it's easier to see through it to see the ground just in front when looking down, especially at night

Based on this criteria, and considering my 5'10" height, I went with the 13" vented CLEAR Cee Bailey. After 6K miles, I wouldn't change a thing.

F4 Customs
11-01-2013, 11:34 AM
28451664Hi all! Here are some pics of our light tint shield. One shows the UV filtering which really helps during the day. Our shield are perfectly clear (100% optically perfect) so you CAN look through them, even in the rain! They shed rain like no other shield available, guaranteed! 14-16-18 inch models, vented or non-vented and clear or tinted covers just about any need. Clean the shield with your favorite non-aerosol glass cleaner and PAPER TOWELS (even gas station paper towels). Now for the kicker....they are 10% off until November 15th! Thanks for reading...give us a call!

F4 Customs
11-12-2013, 11:54 AM
We have just made our F6B 20" Touring shield available, tint or clear, vented or non-vented. This shield is 4" wider than the stock F6B shield, providing great wind protection for the long trip! All F4 shields are polycarbonate also, ensuring that the shield will NEVER shatter on impact! With guaranteed 100% optical clarity and unmatched rain shedding, the F4 is a safety upgrade, not simply a replacement.