PDA

View Full Version : Need help--I can't see or post pictures

pikester
11-11-2017, 07:11 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm not sure why, but I can't see or post pictures. Anybody else have this issue, and if so, how did you fix the problem?

Thanks,
Pikester

shortleg0521
11-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm not sure why, but I can't see or post pictures. Anybody else have this issue, and if so, how did you fix the problem?

Thanks,
Pikester

Do you know about using a 3rd party host to post pictures.?
Are you logged in?

pikester
11-11-2017, 08:25 PM
Do you know about using a 3rd party host to post pictures.?
Are you logged in?

I'm logged in, but was not aware about the third party. If you don't mind me asking, what are you using? If it matters, I have a Mac.

Thanks,
Pikester

RickW
11-11-2017, 09:50 PM
I'm logged in, but was not aware about the third party. If you don't mind me asking, what are you using? If it matters, I have a Mac.

Thanks,
Pikester

For now use this.

https://imgur.com/

Just upload your pictures there, then at the picture there is a drop down for you get share links. Click on the on for Forums then you can just copy it here. Works very well and easy to use.

Walcrow
11-11-2017, 10:58 PM

Thanks,
Pikester

Pike........When you upload your photos to IMGUR, you then go to your IMAGES under your user name. Then pick ONE image( left click), and after it appears, there will be a right hand column with maybe 6 boxes and one of them will be the BBCode box. Hit the COPY button with left click which copies that image, then come over here and in the SUBMIT REPLY box, PASTE that image then hit SUBMIT REPLY. The photo should appear in the thread.

druggr
11-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Be aware ... you never really know what you are downloading when you download something. Sometime stuff is free because the person who created it has a passion to create stuff and offer it for free. However, usually such stuff comes with unknown motives. It can have trackers, spam ware, and viruses. For me I download nothing. Thus I'm not able to see or post pictures.

Walcrow
11-12-2017, 07:58 AM
Be aware ... you never really know what you are downloading when you download something. Sometime stuff is free because the person who created it has a passion to create stuff and offer it for free. However, usually such stuff comes with unknown motives. It can have trackers, spam ware, and viruses. For me I download nothing. Thus I'm not able to see or post pictures.

A few days ago, you wanted to know how to post pictures. I went through that for you. Now you say you download nothing. So you've apparently changed your desire to post photos for fear of IMGUR or what?

jmdaniel
11-12-2017, 08:49 AM

Your hat is ready at the cleaners; you can pick it up now.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71GV79NPpZL._UL1500_.jpg

druggr
11-12-2017, 09:15 AM
A few days ago, you wanted to know how to post pictures. I went through that for you. Now you say you download nothing. So you've apparently changed your desire to post photos for fear of IMGUR or what?

I'm not sure I remember asking how to post pictures. If you replied with instructions, thank you. However, my desire is still there, and you are correct, if it requires downloading 3rd party software, I am not interested. For me it is not worth the risk ... I use this laptop for other purposes.

willtill
11-12-2017, 09:26 AM
I'm not sure I remember asking how to download pictures. Like others have, I've complained about it not being able to and not seeing what others have tried to post, and do recall a poster offering instructions. However, my desire is still there, and you are correct, if it requires downloading 3rd party software, I am not interested because of the reasons I previously posted. For me it is not worth the risk.

You don't download third party software when using Imgur or Tinypic.com

You are uploading an image to their site.

You can also do a screen capture and crop it further in paint; or use the Microsoft snipping tool and then upload that image as well.

druggr
11-12-2017, 09:34 AM
You don't download third party software when using Imgur or Tinypic.com

You are uploading an image to their site.

You can also do a screen capture and crop it further in paint; or use the Microsoft snipping tool and then upload that image as well.

Thanks for clarifying. If there is no download, then it should be safe.

If anyone wants more info ... google "is IMGUR safe to use"