PDA

View Full Version : My other "B"

choptop
11-12-2017, 09:19 AM
https://i.imgur.com/J1eJM61.jpg This is my other B, '
90 Ford , Airstream B190, recent purchase for my retirement years.

willtill
11-12-2017, 09:22 AM
https://i.imgur.com/J1eJM61.jpg This is my other B, '
90 Ford , Airstream B190, recent purchase for my retirement years.
Never have I seen such a beast as that :shock:

Is that a "pop up" on top?

choptop
11-12-2017, 10:03 AM
Never have I seen such a beast as that :shock:

Is that a "pop up" on top?

No, it is a fiberglass top, I can walk threw it w/no problems, bed over cab, jackknife couch, twin, stove, micro, fridge, shower and toilet, heater and of course air conditioning, on a 1 ton ford chassis w/a 460:yikes: engine.

Av8er
11-12-2017, 11:15 AM
I average around 40MPG on my F6B. How many FEET per gallon does that get? :icon_mrgreen:
Cool looking rig though.

choptop
11-12-2017, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Av8er;159888]I average around 40MPG on my F6B. How many FEET per gallon does that get? :icon_mrgreen:
Cool looking rig though.[/QUOTE

Lol, I prefer to ride the F6b, for the mpg, my "other" B only gets 10, but it is fun to drive, no need for a motel, I can boondoggle, park and overnight almost anywhere, and it is paid for.:icon_biggrin:

opas ride
11-12-2017, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE=Av8er;159888]I average around 40MPG on my F6B. How many FEET per gallon does that get? :icon_mrgreen:
Cool looking rig though.[/QUOTE

Lol, I prefer to ride the F6b, for the mpg, my "other" B only gets 10, but it is fun to drive, no need for a motel, I can boondoggle, park and overnight almost anywhere, and it is paid for.:icon_biggrin:

Nice looking rig, hope you get some use from it...Had one similar to it years ago and sold it after a couple of trips to the West..At 10+ miles a gallon, cost of the thing in the first place, difficult to find places to park/camp, etc..We discovered we could stay in motels along the way sleep much better, and actually save much more money over the long run...But, to each his own as they say, and hope it works for you.....Regards and ride safe

Av8er
11-12-2017, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=choptop;159894]

Nice looking rig, hope you get some use from it...Had one similar to it years ago and sold it after a couple of trips to the West..At 10+ miles a gallon, cost of the thing in the first place, difficult to find places to park/camp, etc..We discovered we could stay in motels along the way sleep much better, and actually save much more money over the long run...But, to each his own as they say, and hope it works for you.....Regards and ride safe

To me it’s not about the money. I like to know where I am sleeping. I have gotten bed bugs twice from really nice expensive hotels. I despise hotels!!
We had a 38’ motor coach about 4 years ago when my kids were 3 and 7 and we loved it. We got about 7mpg with it and I was ecstatic when I saw 8. We ended up selling it and bought a 33’ boat to stay on while at the anchorage’s we frequently go to. We got a whopping 0.9 miles to a gallon with the twin Volvo penta IO’s. Honestly I liked the coach better than the boat but happy wife is happy life.

choptop
11-12-2017, 04:12 PM
[QUOTE=choptop;159894]

I admit to being an impulsive buyer, I decided I wanted one and bought one. At 67, I don't know how long I will be riding bike and this seamed like a good way to get away from home. I hope to get enough use out of it to make it worth while and I do believe I will. Hell I can hook my trailer up to it and go to Menards and get lumber or what ever, it parks in a regular parking spot, it will be good clean fun and if I can't ride to that far away destination, I can trailer and then ride.

willtill
11-12-2017, 04:14 PM
To me it’s not about the money. I like to know where I am sleeping. I have gotten bed bugs twice from really nice expensive hotels. I despise hotels!!
We had a 38’ motor coach about 4 years ago when my kids were 3 and 7 and we loved it. We got about 7mpg with it and I was ecstatic when I saw 8. We ended up selling it and bought a 33’ boat to stay on while at the anchorage’s we frequently go to. We got a whopping 0.9 miles to a gallon with the twin Volvo penta IO’s. Honestly I liked the coach better than the boat but happy wife is happy life.

I’ve only been hit by bed bugs once; on the duty train from Bremerhaven to Frankfurt.

Nasty.

3Chief
11-12-2017, 05:45 PM
I’ve only been hit by bed bugs once; on the duty train from Bremerhaven to Frankfurt.

Nasty.

I have a cab over camper and a box trailer for base camping. Works great, haul to wherever and set up camp, offload the B, explore for a few days, load up, move to the next spot and repeat. Saves on hotels and food as you have everything with you. Bonus as you eat better than if you were eating out every night.

Texas TC
11-13-2017, 01:54 PM
I have owned three RV’s in the past 10 years. Two were Class C coaches on Chevy and International diesel chassis and the last one was a Class A Winnebago Cummins diesel pusher. We had great trips when the kids and grandkids lived in Florida and Arizona. We put close to 70,000 miles combined on the three. When they moved back to Texas a couple of years ago, the coach was parked on my pad for a year. I took a big loss and sold it in July. Miss the miles and smiles but not the cost of ownership. Enjoy your new toy!

unsub
11-13-2017, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE=opas ride;159900]

I admit to being an impulsive buyer, I decided I wanted one and bought one. At 67, I don't know how long I will be riding bike and this seamed like a good way to get away from home. I hope to get enough use out of it to make it worth while and I do believe I will. Hell I can hook my trailer up to it and go to Menards and get lumber or what ever, it parks in a regular parking spot, it will be good clean fun and if I can't ride to that far away destination, I can trailer and then ride.

:yes:

Looks nice. Pick up a Honda generator - a 2 or 3kw model for portable power unless you already have one onboard. When you're traveling you can stop along the way at a nice viewpoint and with portable power to run the AC (needs at least 3kw) or MW you're cooking and making a nice hot beverage with a view...and you're golden.

If you don't already have nice quiet portable power I strongly suggest a Honda eu3000i over any other model or brand. No matter what anyone says...:icon_biggrin:

Enjoy your retirement.