PDA

View Full Version : Question for the PNW members

stepbill
11-12-2017, 11:30 AM
My wife and I would like to visit both Washington State and Oregon next year and wondered what would be the best month to go? We will probably fly in and rent a car. Trying to decide that or to drive from NC and back. No bikes involved.

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-12-2017, 11:50 AM
July to October is the best weather window on the coast. Usually after the Portland Rose Festival in June.

Whale watching in the winter and spring months on the coast.
Snow Ski October to late May, early June.

Festivals are mid summer to late Fall - Wine, Harvest, ect.

Everything is in full bloom April - May to November.
I have to mow the grass year round :yikes:

The Eastern and Southern parts of the state hit decent spring weather late March to April.

3Chief
11-12-2017, 05:48 PM
July to October is the best weather window on the coast. Usually after the Portland Rose Festival in June.

Whale watching in the winter and spring months on the coast.
Snow Ski October to late May, early June.

Festivals are mid summer to late Fall - Wine, Harvest, ect.

Everything is in full bloom April - May to November.
I have to mow the grass year round :yikes:

The Eastern and Southern parts of the state hit decent spring weather late March to April.

+1

It all depends on what you want to do and see. As I type this it is waterfall viewing weather...It's pouring out :icon_mrgreen:

Wavalk
11-12-2017, 06:13 PM
While in Washington, I highly recommend visiting Mt. Rainier as well as the San Juan Islands. If you have passports, the Victoria Clipper sails to Victoria BC daily. All are very nice on a sunny day. July, August and September are the best months to visit.

stepbill
11-15-2017, 04:53 PM
While in Washington, I highly recommend visiting Mt. Rainier as well as the San Juan Islands. If you have passports, the Victoria Clipper sails to Victoria BC daily. All are very nice on a sunny day. July, August and September are the best months to visit.

Thanks and great info everyone to include bringing passports. Did not even think about that. I think we will go the second week in September for a week or two and fly and rent a car.